Trail's End vs Whispering Canyon

tgbanks3

Mouseketeer
Looking for non park dinner on arrival night and have never been to Wilderness Lodge so was looking at Trail's End vs Whispering Canyon. Leaning toward Trail's End because seems to be more variety plus everyone likes fried chicken and ribs. Is one atmosphere better than the other?

If you have children my vote would be for Whispering Canyon Café, the antics there are a hoot. On our last trip I made the mistake of asking for a 2nd diet coke within 10 minutes of the 1st. The waitress brought me out a huge mason jar (easily 4 of 5 of the normal drinks) and said maybe I would like the large size.

This is one of those "depends" questions. The food is a bit better at Trail's End, and it's less expensive, too. WCC has CM antics that might amuse you and your family while the food is average (though plentiful if you get all the all you care to eat option). So, it depends on whether you want an interactive experience such as WCC gives you (not all servers are created equal, though) or true buffet in a relaxed atmosphere. One other thing to keep in mind is from where are you traveling? If you're at MK or the Contemporary, you can boat to either the Wilderness Lodge (WCC) or Fort Wilderness (TE). If you're someplace else, then getting to FW can be a bit of a longer trek. All things being equal, as much as I prefer TE's food over WCC, I'd probably do the latter since you've never experienced it.

Our family much preferred the food at TE over WCC. Not sure if you knew this, but WCC is in Wilderness Lodge and Trails End is at Fort Wilderness Camp Ground

I agree with the others. It really depends on what type of experience you want. WCC can get quite loud, but it is fun if you like schticky highjinks. Trails End will be much quieter and relaxing.

I went to WCC once with a tour. We split the all you can eat skillet as a group. None of us cared for the meats and like the potatoes. I love good BBQ but that this was substandard.

I loved the antics and the CM's were a hoot. I would go again and make sure not to order the skillet.

We have been to both and enjoyed both, but if I had to pick one then my choice would be Whispering Canyon Cafe. Although I love to visit Fort Wilderness, Wilderness Lodge Resort would swing it for me. Our last visit was Christmas Day dinner and although people mention the 'cast member entertainment' you can still sit an observe what is happening without joining in. We are a family with a grown up daughter and we still enjoy it.

Tough choice, I have been to both. Might lean a bit more towards Trails End..

Question - what time are you arriving and where are you staying (does not make much of a difference but Trails End a little extra time to get to). Good luck deciding!!

Another vote for Trails End, have been to both several times and always enjoy trails end over whispering canyons

Looking for non park dinner on arrival night and have never been to Wilderness Lodge so was looking at Trail's End vs Whispering Canyon. Leaning toward Trail's End because seems to be more variety plus everyone likes fried chicken and ribs. Is one atmosphere better than the other?
We MUCH prefer the food at Trails End. We have a large group every year (11) ages 3ish- 65ish and almost all just thought the food was ok to not good at all at Whispering Canyon whereas all left happy from Trails End.

I vote Trails End too, but I just wanted to make sure you know it's at Fort Wilderness, not Wilderness Lodge. They're near but not the same. I didn't see that distinction anywhere above and your post said you'd not been to WL. Forgive me if you already knew that - just trying to be helpful! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter