• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Trails End Buffet Gone Forever

Just left yesterday they ripped up the ramp and the cement stairs. You can see the work they are doing it's All out in the open. I'm praying the porch will stay (not converted into interior space)
@GeeMa+6 Are there still shaded picnic tables in that area? Don’t want to make the trip out for fried chicken at P&Js if there’s nowhere to sit and eat. Thanks!

There are shaded picnic tables under the trees near the food truck :) they changed the entrance to p&js not sure where my son went in sounded like the other door to the old arcade because they now have the whole porch closed for construction.

There are shaded picnic tables under the trees near the food truck :) they changed the entrance to p&js not sure where my son went in sounded like the other door to the old arcade because they now have the whole porch closed for construction.
Thank you! Yes, I read that you pick up orders at the arcade, but I wanted to make sure we’d have a place to eat if were made the trek.

Wasn’t sure if anyone had posted this link, but video done by couple called “June updates Fort Wilderness” shows many of the current changes but include the TE area in the beginning. Interesting video…

Wasn’t sure if anyone had posted this link, but video done by couple called “June updates Fort Wilderness” shows many of the current changes but include the TE area in the beginning. Interesting video…
Interesting…the sign outside TE says opening “mid-summer”. I’m hopeful that is before we check in on July 25, but it looks like there’s a lot of work to be done!

We are there in August so crossing my fingers, but not holding my breath!

This video with footage of the construction inside Trail's End was posted 6 days ago.

In the comments of the video, her statement about the cabins being there when the Fort opened was corrected.

I'm not a construction expert by any means, but it sure looks to me like they've got a heckuva lot more work to do than could be finished by 'mid-Summer', which I'd take to mean mid-late July.

We are finally staying at Fort Wilderness in October. It's been four years since we've been at the Fort and I'm sad to see Trails End gone. I'm hoping all the changes don't take from the experience.

We are finally staying at Fort Wilderness in October. It's been four years since we've been at the Fort and I'm sad to see Trails End gone. I'm hoping all the changes don't take from the experience.
I will certainly miss Trails End. We typically at there at least once per trip. But, i for one, am excited to see the different options that are coming. We typically eat from Crocketts several times each trip...

They have food trucks every night. We have seen a crepe truck, pho truck, wetzel’s pretzels and of course the Fort food truck, which has extended hours.

The windows of Trail’s End are blacked out so I couldn’t see inside.

We asked when they will reopen, all they will say is midsummer.

They have food trucks every night. We have seen a crepe truck, pho truck, wetzel’s pretzels and of course the Fort food truck, which has extended hours.

The windows of Trail’s End are blacked out so I couldn’t see inside.

We asked when they will reopen, all they will say is midsummer.
Well, by my reckoning 'mid-summer' is just about here. They better get a move on!

Thanks for posting! We have reservtions for the Fort for October again so I'm looking forward to see the new changes.

My husband tells me we ate at Trails End in the early 90's. I don't have much of a memory of it except for red checkered tablecloths so it's a shame we can't go back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter