Trader Sam's at Poly was SO much fun!!!

I couldn't agree more!! We went for the first time last month and had a blast!

TS is definitley on our to do list since we missed out last April.
By the time we arrived the wait was just too long. We'll make sure we get there earlier this time around!

Love Trader Sam's!!!! I can't wait to go back to add to my tiki mug collection. I also want to try the Spikey Pineapple on the terrace.

We went around 10pm and sat right down. We had the hippopoto-mai-tai and it was delish! So many fun antics. A highlight of our trip.

What is a good time to arrive on a Saturday night?

It opens at 4pm and there is usually a wait around that time, but I've shown up after 8pm and there are places to sit. I would say be there at 4pm for a spot at the bar on a Saturday night. Have fun.

What are th hours kids are allowed? Are the antics similar to the defunct Adventuers Club from Pleasure Island?

What are th hours kids are allowed? Are the antics similar to the defunct Adventuers Club from Pleasure Island?
Kids are allowed 4pm to 8pm.

I've not been to either Adventurers Club or Trader Sam's, but from what I've read they are nothing alike. AC was an acted out, improvised show. TS is pre-defined automatic effects that are triggered when a certain drink is brought out from the bar.

It opens at 4pm and there is usually a wait around that time, but I've shown up after 8pm and there are places to sit. I would say be there at 4pm for a spot at the bar on a Saturday night. Have fun.
It opens at 4? Maybe we will try it this time.... last time the line was just too much.... we had a lovely drink on the patio,but I'd like to sit inside! Can kids sit at the bar before 8?

It opens at 4? Maybe we will try it this time.... last time the line was just too much.... we had a lovely drink on the patio,but I'd like to sit inside! Can kids sit at the bar before 8?

Kids can sit anywhere before 8.

Could anyone elaborate why this restaurant in Poly is so much fun? i have a way late night ADR for ohana's for our night of arrival. IT's just too late but really want to be in the Poly hotel to see the water parade and view the wishes at the beach. perhaps we could eat at Trader's instead if i see/read interesting reviews.

Could anyone elaborate why this restaurant in Poly is so much fun? i have a way late night ADR for ohana's for our night of arrival. IT's just too late but really want to be in the Poly hotel to see the water parade and view the wishes at the beach. perhaps we could eat at Trader's instead if i see/read interesting reviews.

Just FYI, they don't serve what you or I would consider a full meal. It's more appetizer portions. With that said, I enjoyed the food, maybe because I was a little tipsy. Anyways, it's fun because as the drinks are ordered, there is a little routine that the servers perform that is specific to that drink and also the surroundings change with each drink. It's hard to explain. It's just very, very lively. It's also expensive if you drink and keep the mug. I would go and hang out, but I wouldn't cancel an Ohana reservation. If possible, get a seat at the bar; it's more fun to interact with the bartenders than the servers. Hope you have fun.

I can't wait to try it out, less than 2 weeks now!

We'll arrive on a Friday around 4:30 PM, staying at the Poly. There will be 3 of us. Do you think it would be less crowded after 8:00 PM? I guess we could always peek in and see.

Cannot wait to go back and go to TS! We skipped last trip because I was pregnant and being around all those yummy boozey drinks and not being able to have one was too depressing! It's at the top of my list for the next trip, and we may stay at the Poly for easy access!
:rotfl2::cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter