TR w/4000+ Pics/Disney on Ice w/184 Pics!!

We'll just be at DL/CA the whole time. My husband has a class he has to take in Tustin, so he'll have the car. ;)

That's my idea of a trip. Stuck at Disneyland without a car. It is always my ambition to not get in the car the whole time we are there.

So I'm really at a loss on what to do here........

The twins turn 3 in May....we're going in July/August...... I thought being honest about their age was the right thing to do.....but now I'm finding it to be quite a pain. Both girls have major sensory issues & one has a diagnosis of autism. Neither girl acts any where near their physical age. One girl doesn't eat orally....nothing at all...where the other one has feeding issues & still is on a bottle & only eats soft foods (and very little at that).

I called Disney Dining to inquire about the Character Meals....I can't see paying $15+ for meals that won't be eaten. The CM asked a supervisor & was told I would have to pay for both of them!! :scared1: I'd be paying for the entertainment.....it's a meal too people. And as for the entertainment....the girls would prefer to be as far away from it as possible.
I was transfered to Guest Assistance who asked what the management team had said....I told them I was sent to you. They sent me back to speak with the mgmt team for the Dining section & was only able to leave a voice mail. I can't believe they wouldn't have some provisions in place for special medical needs & would accomidate with either reduced prices or free (at least for the one that doesn't eat......)

So should I just lie about the girls age & say they'll turn 3 right after our trip?? It seems so dishonest & I'm just not that kind of person. Granted it would be waaaaaaaayyyyyyy cheaper not having to buy parkhoppers & meals....but seems so seedy.

The one girl is cognatively that of a 6-8mth old & has no words....the other is probably about 15-18mths & has about a dozen words. Like I said, they don't act like typical 3 yr olds, but physically they are the size of one.

What to do, what to do, what to do!!!!! What would you do??????

So I'm really at a loss on what to do here........

The twins turn 3 in May....we're going in July/August...... I thought being honest about their age was the right thing to do.....but now I'm finding it to be quite a pain. Both girls have major sensory issues & one has a diagnosis of autism. Neither girl acts any where near their physical age. One girl doesn't eat orally....nothing at all...where the other one has feeding issues & still is on a bottle & only eats soft foods (and very little at that).

I called Disney Dining to inquire about the Character Meals....I can't see paying $15+ for meals that won't be eaten. The CM asked a supervisor & was told I would have to pay for both of them!! :scared1: I'd be paying for the entertainment.....it's a meal too people. And as for the entertainment....the girls would prefer to be as far away from it as possible.
I was transfered to Guest Assistance who asked what the management team had said....I told them I was sent to you. They sent me back to speak with the mgmt team for the Dining section & was only able to leave a voice mail. I can't believe they wouldn't have some provisions in place for special medical needs & would accomidate with either reduced prices or free (at least for the one that doesn't eat......)

So should I just lie about the girls age & say they'll turn 3 right after our trip?? It seems so dishonest & I'm just not that kind of person. Granted it would be waaaaaaaayyyyyyy cheaper not having to buy parkhoppers & meals....but seems so seedy.

The one girl is cognatively that of a 6-8mth old & has no words....the other is probably about 15-18mths & has about a dozen words. Like I said, they don't act like typical 3 yr olds, but physically they are the size of one.

What to do, what to do, what to do!!!!! What would you do??????

Honestly Laurie, they are not really going to be three on your trip are they? I know that I am going against what I normally might do but in the case of this I am going to be the devil on your shoulder.
adevilemote-1.jpg

Honestly Laurie, they are not really going to be three on your trip are they? I know that I am going against what I normally might do but in the case of this I am going to be the devil on your shoulder.
adevilemote-1.jpg

I agree. In most cases I'd say you need to be honest. But at least for meals, I'd consider this just a little white lie.

It just bugs me that I would have to resort to doing that....I mean really....you're going to charge full price for a g-tube baby (and she is still very baby-like).......just sad I think!

It's sad, I agree, but it does look like a little white lie may be your only option. None of us would blame you, that's for sure.

It just bugs me that I would have to resort to doing that....I mean really....you're going to charge full price for a g-tube baby (and she is still very baby-like).......just sad I think!

This bothers me a great deal. She isn't eating right? So they shouldn't be charging you. I think it is a crime that they would charge you for her to eat. This really shows them as being money grubbing jerks.

This bothers me a great deal. She isn't eating right? So they shouldn't be charging you. I think it is a crime that they would charge you for her to eat. This really shows them as being money grubbing jerks.

Still haven't heard back from Disney Dining Mgmt....but talking with guest services.....she said she's heard this type of thing before & they always charge because it is a character experience.
I told her, Michayla is autistic & will want to be as far away from the action as possible.....it's not entertainment for her.
She said unfortunately this tends to BE THE POLICY!!! :confused: She said it's possible that the dining mgmt would make an exception but pretty doubtful.

:sad1: Just at a loss on what to do......

Still haven't heard back from Disney Dining Mgmt....but talking with guest services.....she said she's heard this type of thing before & they always charge because it is a character experience.
I told her, Michayla is autistic & will want to be as far away from the action as possible.....it's not entertainment for her.
She said unfortunately this tends to BE THE POLICY!!! :confused: She said it's possible that the dining mgmt would make an exception but pretty doubtful.

:sad1: Just at a loss on what to do......

Maybe one of the grown ups want to miss the character meal and soend the time alone with Michayla doing something that she might find more comfortable. Does that help? I am at a loss on this. I feel so bad for you and for her. The big "D" not so much.

Maybe one of the grown ups want to miss the character meal and soend the time alone with Michayla doing something that she might find more comfortable. Does that help? I am at a loss on this. I feel so bad for you and for her. The big "D" not so much.

We thought about that...but EVERYONE loves :love: these meals. It's so fun watching Addy & Anthony react & even the bigger boys when a different character comes out. 2 yrs ago, Derek (then 18) saw Brer Fox come out & he said "I'm getting my picture taken with him!!" :rotfl2: It was soooo cute!!

I just think Disney needs to look past the $$$$$$ & take into account our situation.

We thought about that...but EVERYONE loves :love: these meals. It's so fun watching Addy & Anthony react & even the bigger boys when a different character comes out. 2 yrs ago, Derek (then 18) saw Brer Fox come out & he said "I'm getting my picture taken with him!!" :rotfl2: It was soooo cute!!

I just think Disney needs to look past the $$$$$$ & take into account our situation.

I think you have your answer then.

So now I know why I don't post on the disAbilities forum.......

After posting the problem we were facing this is what one gal had to say:

What about the reservation that you are using that could be used by someone paying for the experience? Should parents of children that eat twice as much as other children the same age be required to pay more for their children? My daughter is very petite, eats very little...I don't even buy a meal for her when we go to a restaurant at home, we share a meal. But if we're doing buffett, I still have to pay for hers even though she will eat only one piece of pizza. I do understand but you should understand Disney's position also. There are character experiences that do not require dining or any extra expense.

I found it a bit hurtful.....my response back was that Addy only eats 1 or 2 bites as this meal (ages 3 & then 4) & never once did we squack about paying for her. Also with our family of 9, we didn't feel that we would be keeping a paying customer out.....it would be no difference if the girls were 2...they'd be free anyways. It came across to me, that we shouldn't take up space with disabled children that would get nothing from this experience & go do something else. Maybe I'm just having a bad week......and over-reacting....I don't know..................

Thank goodness the admin. replied after that & gave me some helpful suggestions that others have posted in the past.

I did shoot off an email to Disney as well to go over our concerns & ask that they at least re-think policy when it comes to special medical needs. I'm not asking for them to change it over small & picky eaters.

I NEED A DAY OFF!!!!!!

Here's the twins now (2 yrs 9mths):

Dec09021.jpg

Dec09026.jpg

Addy on her first Disney Trip (2yrs 8mths):

084.jpg

She was running all over, interacting with characters, riding as many rides as she was tall enough to do & entertaining crowds waiting for the parades.

Anthony on his first Disney Trip (3yrs 3mths):

840-AnthonyNicholasatDisneyland6-05.jpg

He used the stroller just to rest his short legs....other than that he experienced a ton of things.

Just really weird to go & compare pictures of Addy & Anthony at the age the girls are now......huge difference in what they're doing.........

Maybe if Disney charged an entertainment fee in that situation? I think that the woman on that side of the boards was extremely insensitive to imply that you are taking up space etc.. Sometimes we just need to turn a deaf ear, it's hard, goodness it is really hard. People like that just frost my cupcakes!!:mad:

Just take a deep breath and thank the Lord for your wonderful babies and then move past her. :hug:

Thanx Michele!!

So I just got off the phone with a wonderful lady that was responding to my email I sent explaining all of this. She did some leg work & got a lot of the same answers....then she went to the restaurant managers for the different character meals. After explaining things, she was told there would be no charge for either girl. They also said that Disney Dining is told to respond the way they did.

When I make the PS for the meals (end of May!! :scared1: ), I'm to email this gal back with date, time & restaurant & she'll contact all the managers who will note the reservation (or something like that).

This was way more than what I was looking for & has definately restored my faith in *+*+*+*pixie dust*+*+*+*!!! :cloud9:

Thanx Michele!!

So I just got off the phone with a wonderful lady that was responding to my email I sent explaining all of this. She did some leg work & got a lot of the same answers....then she went to the restaurant managers for the different character meals. After explaining things, she was told there would be no charge for either girl. They also said that Disney Dining is told to respond the way they did.

When I make the PS for the meals (end of May!! :scared1: ), I'm to email this gal back with date, time & restaurant & she'll contact all the managers who will note the reservation (or something like that).

This was way more than what I was looking for & has definately restored my faith in *+*+*+*pixie dust*+*+*+*!!! :cloud9:

:dance3:Yay for Disney!!!:dance3: I am very pleased and proud of them on this. And the cast member that you dealt with is amazing and great at her job and that is the type of person that they need working for them.

Thanx Michele!!

I'm so glad that they gave you this response! :goodvibes

:dance3:Yay for Disney!!!:dance3: I am very pleased and proud of them on this. And the cast member that you dealt with is amazing and great at her job and that is the type of person that they need working for them.

I'm so glad that they gave you this response! :goodvibes

When this is all said & done I will be sending a thank you card to Mary & will also send something to Disney to compliment her......hopefully she will get kudo's from work!!!!

When this is all said & done I will be sending a thank you card to Mary & will also send something to Disney to compliment her......hopefully she will get kudo's from work!!!!

I always make a point of filling out the cards at the Town Hall on Main Street for cast members like that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter