Toy Story Versus Rockin Roller at Opening

amcnj

DIS Veteran
Hi. Since Toy Story Midway Mania and Rock n Roller Coaster are both tier 1 attractions, and Toy Story was expanded, is there any current conventional wisdom on which one to go to first and which to fast pass?

Thanks!

Honestly, I think that's a coin flip. Yes, the added capacity of TSMM has helped substantially, but it still gets crowded fairly quickly. So does RnR. If we're there at park open, we traditionally go to TSMM and then FP+ RnR for the very simple reason that I don't feel like riding a roller coaster at 8 or 9am...and RnR is probably my favorite ride in WDW, just not at 9am

We did rider switch for RnR and used a FP for TSMM. I do wish we had been able to get another ride in on both, but the day got pretty crazy after that. We'll probably do the same thing again this year.

On my last trip, 4+ fastpasses for TSMM were pretty easy to come by. We were able to get 2 additional fastpasses each for it after using our initial 3. I would say reserve a FP for RnR and plan to either ride TSMM at rope drop or hope for a 4+ FP for it after you've used your initial 3 (or both!).

If you are using FP for one and standby for the other, it really won't make much of difference. Personally, I would FP Toy Story and stand by on RnR. More people go to Toy Story because it doesn't have the rider restrictions that RnR has. Less restrictions means more people can ride it, which means more people will get in line. At rope drop though, your talking about a difference of about 10 minutes, maybe...

We always go right to RNR at rope drop. It's not too close to the entrance and we kinda jog there (haha!), but when we get in line it's usually only a five minute wait. We usually are able to get TSMM fast passes for mid-day very easily!

We'll probably Fastpass TSMM simply because we like to do both RnR and Tower of Terror first thing with no wait. RnR first, then Tower of Terror (perhaps 2-3 times in a row), and then over to TSMM to use the Fastpass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter