Toy Story Mania or Rock N Roller Coaster?

That truly depends on your boys and what they like. Mine would definitely be Toy Story Mania. I couldn't pay them enough to get on the RnR. My kids just aren't into the roller coasters, sadly. I love them. Have they ever been on a roller coaster before?

Toy Story Mania.

It's all my 7-year-old talks about. He rode RNR last year. It's on his "never again" list. So, TSM it is.

They are so very different, it will all depend on your kid. My kids would chose RnR, but they still love TSMM. I actually had to force most of my kids to ride RnR, they were so afraid. My daughter literally squeezed her fingernails into my hand and was in tears as the ride started. But the wind dried those tears and she had a huge grin on her face. It's now one of her favorite rides. Her twin brother was all smiles from the beginning, while my oldest was trying to be brave, but I could see his fear. Like their sister, that fear disappeared after the first ride and turned into pure love.

I'm not saying you should force your boys onto it, only you know that. But they're very different rides.

We have triplets, two that are identical. The two that are identical absolutely love roller coasters. I screamed on one at Hersheypark and at the end one of them said that was awesome! The roller coasters at Disney seem mild compared to the ones they have done. But...they also LOVE toy story. I didn't realize you couldn't park hop to do fast passes. The tiers meant I had to pick between the two. What is Toy Story Mania?

TSM is a shooting gallery ride with Toy Story theming.

We did Rope Drop RNR the same day we did a FP for TSM. That worked great. I'd recommend that strategy for doing both rides.

If they like roller coasters- at 7 they can ride alone in the single rider line. I would get there at RD, get a fast pass for Toy Story. Wait in line for RNR and if he loves it- then single rider line to do it again!

If they like roller coasters- at 7 they can ride alone in the single rider line. I would get there at RD, get a fast pass for Toy Story. Wait in line for RNR and if he loves it- then single rider line to do it again!
This ^^ We are a family of 4, kids are 8 and 4, both boys. We opted for RnR at rd, 8 yr old hadn't no idea what he was in for but he was fine on it. Due to rider switch (4 yr old boy was too small) he went again with me. He liked it a lot...until he got on Toy Story. As a family it was hands down the most "fun" ride in all 4 parks. We couldn't stop laughing and we had an extra paper FP so we went twice in a row. We were trying to beat our scores. Even grown men were too! It's awesome. You can go on a roller coaster anywhere but there is only one Toy Story. Go to RnR right away and get the FP for TS.

We like Toy Story best

If child likes interactive rides - Toy Story
If child likes coasters / thrill rides - RNR

FP for Toy Story it is so hard to get back there before a line forms, even a few minutes after rope drop, and it can be long.

Then first thing or single rider for RnR coaster.

I disagree with the idea of doing single rider for them. First of all, I'm pretty sure they have to be 8 to ride alone. Second, RnR is pretty wild...it's dark, it flips, and it has a launch like something they probably haven't experienced. Not trying to scare you, it's my favorite ride in WDW. But it's not a kiddie coaster. I would get a FP+ for that and go ride with them.

Toy Story is a ride where you sit in a 2 person cart with a pop gun in front of you, activated by a pull string. You are taken to different rooms with large screens in front of you and you have to "shoot" targets. For example, one of them is ring toss...you aim and pull the string and it tosses rings at objects. It's awesome...our family is very competitive. We come out of that ride with our arms tired from pulling the string so fast. :teeth:

I can only imagine triplets. We have a 12 year old and then twins that are now 9. Having twins was an amazing experience, I can't imagine adding a third to the mix, especially when they were babies.

I disagree with the idea of doing single rider for them. First of all, I'm pretty sure they have to be 8 to ride alone. Second, RnR is pretty wild...it's dark, it flips, and it has a launch like something they probably haven't experienced. Not trying to scare you, it's my favorite ride in WDW. But it's not a kiddie coaster. I would get a FP+ for that and go ride with them.

Toy Story is a ride where you sit in a 2 person cart with a pop gun in front of you, activated by a pull string. You are taken to different rooms with large screens in front of you and you have to "shoot" targets. For example, one of them is ring toss...you aim and pull the string and it tosses rings at objects. It's awesome...our family is very competitive. We come out of that ride with our arms tired from pulling the string so fast. :teeth:

I can only imagine triplets. We have a 12 year old and then twins that are now 9. Having twins was an amazing experience, I can't imagine adding a third to the mix, especially when they were babies.

Thanks for the info. They have done a serious roller coaster at Hershey Park. It went forwards and backwards, upside down, and it had a serious launch. They loved it. My biggest concern is how we do 3 little ones, because I definitely agree they will not be able to ride alone.

As far as triplets...it is both great and absolutely exhausting. We always had one baby screaming, waiting to be fed. It is much easier now that they are older, but still a lot of work. I have been to Disney many times, but this is the first time I felt ready to bring them. We can't wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter