• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Toy Story Mania August Refurb

Aww... :sad1:

We're going to be there Aug 16-22nd, and between this and IASW I'm kinda mad right now.

Well that rots. We'll be there 8/14-8/28 and love TSM. I know they are adding Toy Story 3 stuff but didn't realize they'd have to close that long to change the games on a couple of stations. I guess it is more involved than it sounds.

At least that will make rope drop at DHS a lot less crazy.

TS3 stuff was added in May. This is not that. This has been known since March. See threads linked above for more information.

2 weeks to put in exit gates because people don't know where to go when they get off a ride???? HMMMM sounds like a Union Job to me!!!! Gonna be 1 guy working and 6 guys making sure he does it right...... LOL popcorn::

Disney is dropping the ball with the TSM rehab dates.... and will be disappointing alot of families with young children. Technically its still summer vacation for some states with families squeezing in a trip between summer camp ending and school starting. Yes ... I'm one of those families. TSM is such a popular ride and kid-friendly, I'm surprised Disney didn't wait until after school started for all schools in the US before closing the ride down. Wouldn't early September have made more sense?

Nycsmileys .... except I'm not smiling about this.

Disney is dropping the ball with the TSM rehab dates.... and will be disappointing alot of families with young children. Technically its still summer vacation for some states with families squeezing in a trip between summer camp ending and school starting. Yes ... I'm one of those families. TSM is such a popular ride and kid-friendly, I'm surprised Disney didn't wait until after school started for all schools in the US before closing the ride down. Wouldn't early September have made more sense?

Its also one of their slower times traditionally, ergo the Free Dining period in most years is at that time. I'd hate to be Disney, it doesn't really matter when they do a refurb, somebody is always disappointed.

I agree that someone had to make a very unpopular decision.... but .... Free dining extends to the beginning of October. So .... Disney ... with 7 weeks of down-time to choose from ... picks the two weeks that some kids are still on summer break... to rehab TSM... one of the most child-friendly rides it has.

Just guessing, but they probably chose this time because starting iSept. 8th Star Tours is down through sometime in 2011. And they probably figured 2 main attractions down is not a good thing. Also Walt Disney One Man's Dream looks like it will be down in the fall also, some websites saying august 16-november sometime.

THIS IS HORRIBLE! I hope someone from WDW is reading...we were all planning on going on this! My bros and mom have never been and they only go to WDW once every 5 years or so! Oh boy, I don't even want to have to tell my DH! He will be fuming! First Small World and now this??!!!! Horrible, WDW, just awful. Offer free dining and then take rides away....not cool.

:sad1: We're going to be there 8/14-8/22 and were so looking forward to finally getting to ride TSM. We'll try on the 15th, but I'm guessing the last day before a refurb is not going to be a great day to get to ride it. It's so new that I'm surprised it's going down already.

You have got to be kidding me! We haven't been in 3 years and this is the major new attraction we wanted to be sure that we hit. We are scheduled to leave on the 29th. :eek:

TSM is one of our favs, and looks like this will be OK for our upcoming visit (8/28 arrival)....But I agree with others that while there is never a good time for a rehab, taking in down during summer is not the greatest move.

I'm not normally one to complain about these things, but this is just wrong. Considering it's free dining time, AND that Small World will be closed in MK, I can't believe TSM will also be closed during our visit. This is going to be really, really frustrating!

I agree that someone had to make a very unpopular decision.... but .... Free dining extends to the beginning of October. So .... Disney ... with 7 weeks of down-time to choose from ... picks the two weeks that some kids are still on summer break... to rehab TSM... one of the most child-friendly rides it has.

Star tours is going down for a major rehab in Sept. They didn't want to have 2 attractions down at the same time. DHS is the smallest park as is, 2 attractions would be a huge chunk.

I'm not normally one to complain about these things, but this is just wrong. Considering it's free dining time, AND that Small World will be closed in MK, I can't believe TSM will also be closed during our visit. This is going to be really, really frustrating!

Yep. That's understandable but no matter when Disney chooses to do a rehab, there will be people disappointed. That's the nature of the beast. They know what they are doing and probably picked a time that would have the least negative effect.

There are always going to be a lot of people upset, no matter when they close down an attraction. From mid-August on has always been considered a 'slow time' in WDW...hence the free dining offers. With all the other rehabs going on, I would imagine that Disney decided to spread out the rehabbing attractions. I haven't had a trip to WDW in years where there wasn't some rehab going on. It's enough to drive you nutty, but it has to be done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter