Towels at Water Parks

GoofyforDisney3

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have an official word on getting towels for free at the water parks if you are resort guest? I did a search and some say yes, but other's say no to bring from the resort and I can't find anything official from Disney that says they are free.

Did some digging:

The standard procedure used to be to take towels with you from your WDW resort,
use them at the water park, then bring them back to the resort.
This had been the practice since the beginning of the water parks.

Starting just within the past couple of years, they officially started allowing WDW Resort guests to receive free towel rental.

Last edited:
Standard procedure is to take towels with you from you WDW resort, use them at the water park, then bring them back to the resort.

This has been the practice since the beginning of the water parks.
That's what I always thought too, but I was researching to verify that stance for my ex-husband for when he take my daughter this summer and wanted to make sure I was giving him the correct information and procedures. I'll tell him to just do that then. Thanks!

They provide free towels for resort guests at the water park or at least did the one time we went several years ago before magic bands, just had to show your resort ID

Yep, my previous experience is an example of that. Why lug then to and from the resort when you can get them there?

I am way too lazy to do that (bring towels from resort) so I fully expected to pay the first time, but we have been to the water parks at least 10 times since 2013 without a charge. :)

Last summer we went in and asked for towels. They asked where we were staying and we got stacks of towels free. It was awesome!

Went to Blizzard Beach two weeks ago, they just asked where we were staying and asked how many towels I wanted.

The concierge at WL said to just take pool towels, but we were able to get extra towels at BB no problem.

Disney resort guests get to use the towels for free at the water parks, it was probably more troublesome to deal with everyone bringing and leaving their resort towels there.

Thanks for all the responses! I saw posts on the Disney Mom's Panel that said they charged, so that was what prompted my question here. I'll let my Ex know that he can get the towels at the water park also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter