Touringplans question

StirlingSilver83

DIS Veteran
Not sure if this is the right forum or not, but I just signed up for touringplans subscription to help with my upcoming Disney trip. I am not quite 180 days out but I am trying to get familiar with the website before I start entering in plans and stuff. Anyways. I see how they have a touring helper where you can enter the attractions name and stuff and they put what order you should do everything and the most time efficient it should be. You can also put in where you plan on eating and what not and how long you are planning on eating there and if you are planning on leaving to take breaks and everything. I am wondering if theres anywhere I can put in if we are planning to leave the parks to eat at a nearby restaurant. Like 1 day I am planning on leaving MK to have Brunch at Chef Mickeys and 1 morning before going to MK we are stopping to have breakfast at Kona. Is there anywhere on touring plans where I can enter that information in so I can get some time approximations?

The plans allow you to specify a break at a given time, along with how long you expect the break to be and if you're leaving the park. But I'm pretty sure you can't get it to estimate the length of the break for you, based on where you're going, since there are so many variables involved. Even for an in-park restaurant, different families will take different amounts of time.
In your case, I would make it a two-hour break, or maybe a bit longer, for a Chef Mickey's brunch. If you have smaller kids, maybe a bit more. This probably sounds like a long time, but everything takes longer than you think it will. And if you're ahead of schedule, you can always explore the Contemporary a bit, or maybe even stop at the Poly or the Floridian on your way back.
There are a number of touringplans veterans here - as well as some detractors. So you ought to be able to get a lot of help.

The plans allow you to specify a break at a given time, along with how long you expect the break to be and if you're leaving the park. But I'm pretty sure you can't get it to estimate the length of the break for you, based on where you're going, since there are so many variables involved. Even for an in-park restaurant, different families will take different amounts of time.
In your case, I would make it a two-hour break, or maybe a bit longer, for a Chef Mickey's brunch. If you have smaller kids, maybe a bit more. This probably sounds like a long time, but everything takes longer than you think it will. And if you're ahead of schedule, you can always explore the Contemporary a bit, or maybe even stop at the Poly or the Floridian on your way back.
There are a number of touringplans veterans here - as well as some detractors. So you ought to be able to get a lot of help.
Oh right, I guess you have to enter your own timing on the break/meals. TP doesn't offer that to you. I just update mine, I'll check it out

Thanks! I consider myself a Disney pro bc we go to Disney ALL the time, but this is the first time we are going with my MIL and I never realized all the cool aspects of touring plans like the room request thing! That is very very cool! And the ADR reservation look out tool thing. Its not time for me to make my ADRs yet but I always get anxious with making ADRs hoping we get everything we want, lol...but even if I don't get everything I want hopefully with this tool we will be able to get everything we want. I also already had to change my original days that I had planned for which parks...even though they haven't released park hours yet the pattern said that my 1 day I had for us to do at Animal Kingdom was going to be an EMH for opening at 8AM and I like to do early morning breakfasts at Tusker House (without crowds of people getting in at the same time, lol)...so this website has already helped me incredibly and I only signed up for it yesterday!

I just joined touring plans. What is the room request thing?
You can request a specific room on their website. They have a map with a view from each room. You can make a request for the room you want. You may not get it, but you might get something close to it if available.

Thanks! I consider myself a Disney pro bc we go to Disney ALL the time, but this is the first time we are going with my MIL and I never realized all the cool aspects of touring plans like the room request thing! That is very very cool! And the ADR reservation look out tool thing. Its not time for me to make my ADRs yet but I always get anxious with making ADRs hoping we get everything we want, lol...but even if I don't get everything I want hopefully with this tool we will be able to get everything we want. I also already had to change my original days that I had planned for which parks...even though they haven't released park hours yet the pattern said that my 1 day I had for us to do at Animal Kingdom was going to be an EMH for opening at 8AM and I like to do early morning breakfasts at Tusker House (without crowds of people getting in at the same time, lol)...so this website has already helped me incredibly and I only signed up for it yesterday!

Touringplans is just awesome and helped me so much when I planned for my recent trip..

I just joined touring plans. What is the room request thing?

It's a fax that TP sends out on your behalf 5 days prior to your first day of stay. On the fax you can pick out specific room that you like, a particular bed configuration and/or locations that you like. You can also use the room view finder to see what view each room has. For my recent trip, I booked a standard view room at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Some standard view rooms at AKL can see animals on the savanna instead of facing other building or parking lot. Also some rooms have Queen + Bunk Bed configuration. So I used TP to request for a Standard view room (the cheapest at AKL) with partial savanna view and with queen+bunk bed configuration ... With TP's help, I got exactly what I have requested...... Isn't TP awesome or what??

Touringplans is just awesome and helped me so much when I planned for my recent trip..

It's a fax that TP sends out on your behalf 5 days prior to your first day of stay. On the fax you can pick out specific room that you like, a particular bed configuration and/or locations that you like. You can also use the room view finder to see what view each room has. For my recent trip, I booked a standard view room at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Some standard view rooms at AKL can see animals on the savanna instead of facing other building or parking lot. Also some rooms have Queen + Bunk Bed configuration. So I used TP to request for a Standard view room (the cheapest at AKL) with partial savanna view and with queen+bunk bed configuration ... With TP's help, I got exactly what I have requested...... Isn't TP awesome or what??

I put in a room request with TPs for 3 different rooms for AKL. I put on the fax for rooms 4322, 4378, and 4230, with room 4322 being our first choice. I believe all these rooms have bunks. I also put in the fax that my kids have allergies and asthma so they need to use hypo allergenic cleaning supplies. Do you think I still need to call now or do you think this fax is now sufficient and I don't need to call anymore? Also how likely are you to get what you request when you put in a room request with touring plans? I also added my MILs trip (which is the same time we are going, shes just staying at Pop instead of AKL)...anyways we put in a room request with Pop for her as well on the first floor which is what she wants bc she doesn't want to have to deal with elevators and stuff and she wants to quickest room possible to transportation so she wanted the first floor. Anyways like I said how likely are we to get what we request with touring plans? I know nothing is every guaranteed with Disney but do people usually get what they request when they go through touring plans? Also should I do anything at the 60 day mark when online check in comes out or should I just leave it alone?

Another fan of Touring Plans! I am not sure if all the photos/descriptions for the rooms are accurate but I really love the plans and being able to send the fax. Did online check in but an extra note can't hurt! We go next week so I can let you know if it worked for us. I have seen posts from folk saying that they got what requested but also seen that they haven't.

Another fan of Touring Plans! I am not sure if all the photos/descriptions for the rooms are accurate but I really love the plans and being able to send the fax. Did online check in but an extra note can't hurt! We go next week so I can let you know if it worked for us. I have seen posts from folk saying that they got what requested but also seen that they haven't.

Thanks for the reply! Personally I don't really care about being able to see the animals out our window...we booked a standard view room, my only thing that I really want is to be able to have a room with the bunk beds, so after the title on the fax that said the room request numbers, in the comments section I put we really would like a room with bunk beds if the rooms we are requesting are unavailable. I mean it would be nice to have a partial savanna view but its not on the top of my priority list bc there are a ton of other spots around the resort where we can view the animals, lol. I mean how long are we really going to be in the room for anyways lol. Well I hope you get what you requested! I am anxious to see if this works bc if it does it will be the best $10 I spent on a vacation ever! LOL

Thanks! That's super helpful. I was just checking it out on my dashboard but it didn't even occur to me that I could use it to request a Bed configuration as opposed to a specific room number. That's exactly, what I need. We are staying at Caribbean Beach Resort and I desperately want a room with a Murphy bed. My husband is 6'4 and we are planning to not share a bed since they are queen beds and we both like to stretch out. That means I'm stuck with my squirmy little 4 year old in my bed snoring in my ear all night. I'd like to sleep at some point while on vacation! Lol.

We got lucky and got a water view at a standard view rate. I don't even care about that. I just want the Murphy bed. It's the number 1 priority. I'd like to tell them that I don't care whether they out me in a standard rather than a water view in exchange for a Murphy bed. It would also be ideal to be on the ground floor and close to transportation or the pool due to a medical issue. Can I ask for all that or would that be going overboard?

Thanks! That's super helpful. I was just checking it out on my dashboard but it didn't even occur to me that I could use it to request a Bed configuration as opposed to a specific room number. That's exactly, what I need. We are staying at Caribbean Beach Resort and I desperately want a room with a Murphy bed. My husband is 6'4 and we are planning to not share a bed since they are queen beds and we both like to stretch out. That means I'm stuck with my squirmy little 4 year old in my bed snoring in my ear all night. I'd like to sleep at some point while on vacation! Lol.

We got lucky and got a water view at a standard view rate. I don't even care about that. I just want the Murphy bed. It's the number 1 priority. I'd like to tell them that I don't care whether they out me in a standard rather than a water view in exchange for a Murphy bed. It would also be ideal to be on the ground floor and close to transportation or the pool due to a medical issue. Can I ask for all that or would that be going overboard?

I am not familiar with the moderate resorts, but I thought all the rooms were equipped with a Murphy bed. At least that's what they show on the Disney website of the rooms. What I would do is double check with Disney and see if that's correct that they do come with the Murphy beds, then if that's the case then I would go on touring plans and look at the location of all the rooms and go from there. Then you can put s request in for a room that's on the ground floor and close to the pool and transportation.

I love TP, EasyWDW, and KTP. I find comparing them helps.

TP never likes my plans and usually tells me to ditch my FPs. I noticed the last time I was on TP, there's a box to click to keep your FP's in place and it will plan around them.

I am not familiar with the moderate resorts, but I thought all the rooms were equipped with a Murphy bed. At least that's what they show on the Disney website of the rooms. What I would do is double check with Disney and see if that's correct that they do come with the Murphy beds, then if that's the case then I would go on touring plans and look at the location of all the rooms and go from there. Then you can put s request in for a room that's on the ground floor and close to the pool and transportation.
The rooms do not all have Murphy beds. Rooms with Murphy beds are given first to families of 5, so requesting one if you are not a family of 5 is a good idea if it is important to you.

I love TP, EasyWDW, and KTP. I find comparing them helps.

TP never likes my plans and usually tells me to ditch my FPs. I noticed the last time I was on TP, there's a box to click to keep your FP's in place and it will plan around them.

What does KTP stand for?

The rooms do not all have Murphy beds. Rooms with Murphy beds are given first to families of 5, so requesting one if you are not a family of 5 is a good idea if it is important to you.

Yeah, this is what I have heard. I also called disney and they said not all have them. I asked them to add the request to my reservation but I will do the fax thing too. I was contemplating sending a cheap blow up mattress to the hotel on the off chance that we don't get the murphy bed.

I would put everything that you want on the request. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter