Touringplans custom plan

jhenson84

Earning My Ears
Has anyone here used the custom plans on touringplans.com with any luck? I'm not talking about the ones already made, but the custom ones that you can do for free.

I'm planning our first trip for Easter week 2013 and want to make sure I have a decent strategy before heading to the park. It is myself DW and DS3, first time for everyone.

I have heard that the parks will be very busy that week, but when I make the touring plan for the dates I plan to be at each park it doesn't have any wait for more than 18 mins. It also lists when to get fastpasses and the expected return times.

I'm wondering if these wait times and return times are realistic. If not, can anyone provide a better place to create a strategy? Also, I used the calendar at easywdw to decided what days to do each park if that matters any.

Thanks for the help!

jhenson84 said:
Has anyone here used the custom plans on touringplans.com with any luck? I'm not talking about the ones already made, but the custom ones that you can do for free.

I'm planning our first trip for Easter week 2013 and want to make sure I have a decent strategy before heading to the park. It is myself DW and DS3, first time for everyone.

I have heard that the parks will be very busy that week, but when I make the touring plan for the dates I plan to be at each park it doesn't have any wait for more than 18 mins. It also lists when to get fastpasses and the expected return times.

I'm wondering if these wait times and return times are realistic. If not, can anyone provide a better place to create a strategy? Also, I used the calendar at easywdw to decided what days to do each park if that matters any.

Thanks for the help!

I'm curious too. The wait times seem almost to good to be true, I'd like to hear from some one who used them! Subbing!

We did. We made four plans, one for each park, for our trip last week (Sunday -- Wednesday). The wait times weren't bad, but it went downhill from there. Let's see...

Our MK plan had us arriving for the 3:00 parade at 10:30 at night.

All four days, fastpasses were WAY off on anticipated return times.

Each and every fastpass was scheduled to be used at least 5 minutes after the end of the window, and that doesn't work unless you're very lucky and get a CM who lets you take advantage of the "15 minute grace period".

We indicated that we move at an average walking speed. (We're actually rather fast.) It ALWAYS took longer than indicated to get from point to point, and the crowds weren't a problem at all.

I'm certain that many people have used Touringplans with great success, but it just didn't work for us at all. After the first day, we pretty much just used it as a reminder of what we wanted to do.

i used the custom plan for our labor day trip i copied a plan and took out what i didnt want and put it the way i wanted the day to go.

i did not optimize it.

when we took the plan to magic kingdom i had planned out the morning to stay til about 2:30 and beat it outta there before the parade.

my plans worked so well that i was done way ahead of schecule and headed out about 12:45

You could try Tour Guide Mike. I used them a couple of years ago with much success...arrived at rope drop, left by 2 or 3 every day, always did all we planned or more. I'm using their site again for our trip in a couple of weeks. :)

I would like to hear more too. I tend to use ridemax and I want to know if touringplans is better or comparable.

I've used the premade plans with success and I've put together the custom plans, but I'm just not sure that they are going to be functional. I'm going to take the premade plans and the custom plans with us, and we'll see which ones we go by more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter