touringplans.com worth the $?

mathdisney

Earning My Ears
Is a subscription to touring plans worth the money? Does it actually save time? I am planing a family trip for July. Thanks for your help.

Absolutely!!! It helped me find ADRs for specific times I wanted! My favorite is playing with the schedule. I made different plans for different scenarios for the all the parks. I felt I was able to get more done but not feel rushed! I also found that the wait time app was more accurate than the MDE. We went last June and are going again same time this year!!! Def worth it. I would also suggest signing up for Kenny the pirate. His site helped us met 54 characters with very little wait time :)

I think it's definitely worth it. The Lines app is a blessing in the parks. We checked it often to see wait times for the attractions we were interested in.

Yes. I love the fax feature when you can look at a resort, pick a room, and have them fax in the request for you. And the ADR finder found me a couple hard to get meals.

I think it depends on your experience level with Disney World. If you are fairly new to Disney World, then some kind of planning aid (such as Touring Plans, or Ride Max) is very likely to be a huge help. If you have several trips under your belt, and already have a pretty good feel for what rides get the long lines, then you can probably do a pretty good job of planning your own touring, and use FP+ to save time without the need for the additional help of a planning aid.

I have used the plans from The Unofficial Guide, as well as custom plans made with Ride Max, and made my own plans. All worked well for me, but the first few years, without the help of the prepared plans, I wouldn't have even known where to start.

I think so. I recently signed up because of all the recommendations on the DISboards and so far, I really like it. I'm still a long way off before I can actually start using the wait times and such, but it looks like it has some very useful features!

Well, we're at trip #60 and I still take device from Touring Plans, Josh and everyone here at the DIS! I'm always learning something new. Take what you learn, then as the wise previous poster said, as you gain experience, add your own knowledge and your trips should be about what you want them to be. My best advice would be...when you think you know it all, look out!

Just a side note- you can use the ADR finder for up to 2 reservations at a time without having a paid account- this helped me get my BOG dinner reservation and was completely free. So even if you don't have a paid subscription I would recommend that tool.

Doesn't the MDE app have ride wait times? And, I think it's free. I have to go check out Touring Plans to see what the difference is.

Doesn't the MDE app have ride wait times? And, I think it's free. I have to go check out Touring Plans to see what the difference is.
The touring plans app not only gives you the posted time as the Disney app does. It also tells you the expected wait time and when the wait times are likely to increase and decrease - which is very helpful. It also tells you the wait time for the single rider line which the Disney app does not.

I've been going to Disney regularly since I was a kid (I'm 44), and I still find Touring Plans incredibly helpful. From their room view and room request faxes, their ADR finder, to the touring plans themselves. We don't stick to them 100%, but they do give us a good sense of how we should map out our day. I love it. Lines is a fantastic app, too.

The touring plans app not only gives you the posted time as the Disney app does. It also tells you the expected wait time and when the wait times are likely to increase and decrease - which is very helpful. It also tells you the wait time for the single rider line which the Disney app does not.
That is very cool----I didn't know that. Is there a fee for that part of the app or is it free?

I think it depends on your experience level with Disney World. If you are fairly new to Disney World, then some kind of planning aid (such as Touring Plans, or Ride Max) is very likely to be a huge help. If you have several trips under your belt, and already have a pretty good feel for what rides get the long lines, then you can probably do a pretty good job of planning your own touring, and use FP+ to save time without the need for the additional help of a planning aid.

I have used the plans from The Unofficial Guide, as well as custom plans made with Ride Max, and made my own plans. All worked well for me, but the first few years, without the help of the prepared plans, I wouldn't have even known where to start.

I think this is exactly right. Touring Plans or something like EasyWDW (a free website) are very helpful if you are relatively new to Disney. We have been a number of times so I have a general sense of what times/rides work for us, but still consult EasyWDW. I've never used Touring Plans but it seems to generally get good reviews. I guess the only potential drawback is that your plan is likely to be fairly structured (i.e., less ability to "wing it") but that isn't necessarily a bad thing.

That is very cool----I didn't know that. Is there a fee for that part of the app or is it free?
I think you have to pay to get that. I bought the app for both WDW and universal. We never used the plans but I looked at the wait times a lot!

I just renewed my subscription today. While I feel I could do a decent job of planning without it at this point, it's easy to create a plan, gives you approximate wait times, and gives you a built in heads up when things change (show schedules, hrs, etc). I agree with others on reservation finder and room fax too. I like having it and compared to the cost of the vacation, a very reasonable expense.

I have done many previous trips without it, but I am a recent convert. The info it provides is so helpful! I don't mind paying the subscription fee because I want the services they provide to continue. It's 'worth' in terms of dollar value varies for everyone, but I think of it more like a donation to a group that I want to keep supporting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter