Touring Plan Help

Indee96

Earning My Ears
We arrive for our first Disney Trip on April 30 for 6 nights. I have all our ADR's booked and have been checking out lots of info on touring plans. I signed up for Touringplans.com and was planning on using that to help figure out the best way to spend our time. However, I'm wondering if it is really the plan I should follow or if I should use it as guide.

For example, on our Animal Kingdom day we have an 8:10am breakfast reservation at Tusker House and a 5:55pm dinner reservation at Sanaa. (This is the only day we have 2 TS so I'm hoping it's going to be OK like that.) Touring Plans suggests leaving Tusker house and then going to Kilimangaro Safaris then Expedition Everest and some other stops and then back to the attractions near Tusker House later in the day. Is this the best way to do it? When I follow this plan it shows 58 minutes in line and when I try to put it together starting with attractions near breakfast it shows 52 minutes in line but I assume it would save walking time?

We're really not on a schedule and will follow our girls lead (ages 6 & 9) for snack breaks and things but I'd really like to know what's the best way to guide us through the parks.

Thanks for your help!
Jen

Honestly, use it as a guide but leave room to do your own thing! I would head to the Safaris first thing after leaving Tusker or using a FP for it because I find that line is a lot slower, tends to be a much higher wait all day than Everest.

It has features where you slow down the speed of walking desired and the least steps..try that to avoid it bouncing you all over. To cut down on AK walking..it is a bit park and the two Animal trails and trails around the tree are sooo worth the time! ..so we split into two days each day a focus on one side of the park. That worked great. I think TP is a great guide..and way to check wait times

It will use calculations to limit walking and wait time according to the filters that it was given for calculating, and what fastpasses/attractions/breaks you enter. You can also tweak walking distance and wait time a little, there is an option for you to do so. TP will lay out what should be the best attack plan using a lot of criteria. I would use it to avoid any confusion on, "what's next," and also to avoid getting caught up in one thing. There is a LOT to do, and you do not have time to do it all, so capping the time on the sidebars might be essentially especially for kids, they might not know that the next thing you'd like them to experience will be WAY cooler than what they are currently enthralled with. It's tough not to get caught up when you see your kids having a great time, but I told mine before we went, that if I pull you away from something, please trust me that I want to show you something cool before it's not there anymore. Also, be prepared to change up your plans on the fly, ride outtages, rain, etc. Don't overplan - lots of walking, feet will get tired, especially young feet. I'd also try to schedule the snacks and breaks before getting there. You know your kids - estimate snack and break time, and throw them on your plan. I'd estimate them a little before you think - by the time the kids start asking for a break or snack, they might be getting crabby. Just my .02. I'm a big fan of TP because it should make your life much easier, but yes, you gotta tweak it to what your family needs if it is missing something.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter