• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Totally Frustrated with wait times calling Disney!

I called Disney on Sat. to book a sleigh ride through Fort Wilderness on Dec. 1. Waited a little over 3hrs. (Called around noon). Dec. 1 was not available. Since I waited 3 hrs, I said fine book it Dec. 2 even though we move to Universal that day.
Of course, after thinking about it, I decided it was silly to drive back from Universal that night. Called at 7am to cancel. Waited another 3 hrs.
Thankfully I was able to keep it on speaker phone and continue on with my normal day.
Dh who does not like Disney at all said “You know what it means that you are on hold this long right? Disney doesn’t give a **** about you.“
🤷‍♀️

Last visited in 2004. Now investigating potential return in a year or so.

I remember internationally calling GS every other day booking restaurants, etc. With this, and Genie, and Magical Express, and Illuminations, and, and ....... I'm going to leave it for a year or so to see if things improve before considering a return. There is no way that I would tolerate service like this. I mean, I walked out of a GnR concert because some *&£$ in the band delayed coming out on stage for more than 30 mins, so no way would I put up with this.

OUCH! I feel you! That's just unacceptable!
It was more than just general hold. I talked to someone who transferred me to ticketing, talked to that person for a couple of minutes and they escalated my issue. I finally talked to a gentleman who had been with Disney ticketing for 18 years. At least I got someone who knew what was up. Our audio cut out shortly thereafter and he even called me back. It was ironically the best serviced call I've had with Disney lately.

Also FYI if you want to upgrade your DVC Gold Pass to an Incredipass for the same year, you will only be given credit for what you paid but you will have to pay the renewal rate PLUS the cost of Photopass for every pass you upgrade. So with 3 passes, that's an extra $300 for something I already had. I'm just going to buy tickets for Christmas.

It was more than just general hold. I talked to someone who transferred me to ticketing, talked to that person for a couple of minutes and they escalated my issue. I finally talked to a gentleman who had been with Disney ticketing for 18 years. At least I got someone who knew what was up. Our audio cut out shortly thereafter and he even called me back. It was ironically the best serviced call I've had with Disney lately.

Also FYI if you want to upgrade your DVC Gold Pass to an Incredipass for the same year, you will only be given credit for what you paid but you will have to pay the renewal rate PLUS the cost of Photopass for every pass you upgrade. So with 3 passes, that's an extra $300 for something I already had. I'm just going to buy tickets for Christmas.
If the passes are all for linked family members, you only need to add Photopass to one of them, not all three

I just wanted to pay on our hotel stay-
Automated system was experiencing technical difficulties for the third day😕
So now I am waiting on a call back!

If the passes are all for linked family members, you only need to add Photopass to one of them, not all three
That’s how it should work but if you want to upgrade in the middle of your year from a pass that had Photopass (Gold) to one where it’s not included, you will be forced to also pay for Photopass for anyone who wants to upgrade.

our pass expires in February but we added a Christmas trip. I order to go during our blackout dates, we’d need to upgrade. And any pass that upgrades under those conditions is forced to also pay for Photopass.

I am a DVC member and have an annual pass. I will be at WDW for the Spring Surprise Race weekend. I have done as much as I can at this point getting ready for my trip (resort and park ressie). Not knowing what to expect with the Genie+ system, I tried to add Genie+ to my trip. No matter what I tried, I could not do it. So, having read this forum I settled in with snacks and drink in hand, and called DVC Member Services to see what could be done. I went through the process of push this button, add this number and so on. Once I got through I was immediately put on hold. Then I received the dreaded time announcement informing me all cast members were currently busy. My expected wait time- 4 minutes. My first thought was, "I'm not going to have time to eat all the snacks." In less tan the announced time, a real, live person came on the line. After explaining my situation, the CM told me he thought he knew the answer, but needed to check with the Genie+ IT people to make sure he had the right answer. He asked, "Can I put you on hold while I check?' When he went to put me on hold instead of hearing Disney music I heard the dial tone. About a minute later, as I prepared to call back, my phone rang. It was my CM calling back to apologize. I was then put on hold for what seemed like 2 minutes before he came back on the line. In the end I cannot add Genie+ to my annual pass for the length of my stay. The good news for me was that I was not on the phone for an inordinate amount of time.

I guess I got lucky--called the AP line (2:00 p.m. - 3:25 p.m.) and only waited 1 hour, 25 minutes and 4 sec for a three minute call to make a room request and note the continuing reservation so we wouldn't have to change rooms. :rotfl2:

Just wanted to add - called yesterday around 11:45 a.m. to pay off our room balance (with gift card) and was on hold for 2 hours and 3 minutes before speaking to someone

I called last night at 10:00 pm - held 35 minutes. The last time I had to call, I called at around 9 pm and they answered at around the 60 minute mark. I think the key is to call late....

My best advice is to call late, or first thing in the morning.

My wait times have always been lowest after 9 PM, and as soon as they open the line (7 AM). Both times are Eastern.

I've had to call mid-day a few times and waited close to 90 minutes. Their live chat support responded to my message about 5 hours later.

A simple "call back" option would resolve a lot of the stress.

My best advice is to call late, or first thing in the morning.

My wait times have always been lowest after 9 PM, and as soon as they open the line (7 AM). Both times are Eastern.

I've had to call mid-day a few times and waited close to 90 minutes. Their live chat support responded to my message about 5 hours later.

A simple "call back" option would resolve a lot of the stress.
They had a call back option a few weeks ago. I used it. Now they have taken it down.

I called late-ish, several weeks ago was told I had to be transferred to a customer service but it it was late and they were too busy to take any more calls.

I saw someone had once waited for almost 5 hours... Maximum I've waited was an hour and a half. That's insane, I wonder why they don't have a callback option.

Called their tech number today because we were having trouble linking the MDE on my husband's iPhone ~ reported 60 minute wait (we figured that one out on our own) so didn't hold. Then called Disney Dining to ask a simple question ~ reported wait was 90 minutes. I don't think so. It's ridiculous!!!!!

I been trying to contact them since Monday about magic bands and they keep sending me to different people, different answers including the merch line. Now my magic bands look like they are getting sent to my home but sitting in Denport since Monday and haven't moved at all. Trip is next week, and the third party site says they are still waiting on them. Holds are also crazy. Normally I don't call and do everything online. Now trying to send emails.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter