Tortola Excursion (Beach?)

There really isn't a day pass but we're paying the $250 for a night in their hotel and we will have access to the hotel and room like we would for a day pass... I called the hotel directly and asked for a villa closest to the beach because I need shade for the kids and she gave me a good one. They said even if they don't have the room ready in the morning, they will give us access to full facilities of the hotel during the day we arrive, even nothing in the file that we're arriving early. I am very interested in understanding the cab situation myself but from what I've read, it would appear there are indeed cabs near the port and that they are relatively easy to obtain. According to this rate schedule:

http://www.bvivacation.com/transportation/tortola-taxi-fares-rates.php#.VrUkjvkrLIU

a one way trip from Roadtown to Ft. Recovery is $10 pp so it will be $40 one way. This is hefty but I think it's worth it for rest and relaxation in paradise! So total cost would be $80/taxi round trip and $250 for the day which breaks down to $82/person and the "excursion" or activity will last 8 hours so I think it's a pretty good deal

The other thing to note is the hotel doesn't serve lunch so we will be taking a cab to Pussers at Soper's Hole and enjoying lunch there, it's supposed to be a reall neat place to check out and Ft. Recovery is close to there so the cab ride is likely cheaper but that is an additional expense... I figure I am not sure whenever I'll ever be there again and it's pure paradise and I want to get as much of the island that I can.

Hotel website: http://fortrecoverytortola.com/

Other hotels to consider are Sugar Mill and Long Bay Beach Club, we opted for Ft. Recovery because of the view and the proximity to Soper's Hole

Thanks for the reply. I might look into doing this as well. Do you know what type of room you booked?

There really isn't a day pass but we're paying the $250 for a night in their hotel and we will have access to the hotel and room like we would for a day pass... I called the hotel directly and asked for a villa closest to the beach because I need shade for the kids and she gave me a good one. They said even if they don't have the room ready in the morning, they will give us access to full facilities of the hotel during the day we arrive, even nothing in the file that we're arriving early. I am very interested in understanding the cab situation myself but from what I've read, it would appear there are indeed cabs near the port and that they are relatively easy to obtain. According to this rate schedule:

http://www.bvivacation.com/transportation/tortola-taxi-fares-rates.php#.VrUkjvkrLIU

a one way trip from Roadtown to Ft. Recovery is $10 pp so it will be $40 one way. This is hefty but I think it's worth it for rest and relaxation in paradise! So total cost would be $80/taxi round trip and $250 for the day which breaks down to $82/person and the "excursion" or activity will last 8 hours so I think it's a pretty good deal

The other thing to note is the hotel doesn't serve lunch so we will be taking a cab to Pussers at Soper's Hole and enjoying lunch there, it's supposed to be a reall neat place to check out and Ft. Recovery is close to there so the cab ride is likely cheaper but that is an additional expense... I figure I am not sure whenever I'll ever be there again and it's pure paradise and I want to get as much of the island that I can.

Hotel website: http://fortrecoverytortola.com/

Other hotels to consider are Sugar Mill and Long Bay Beach Club, we opted for Ft. Recovery because of the view and the proximity to Soper's Hole

There is a very nice lady (she has a very deep voice though, even apologized for it when I spoke with her), her name is Rita, I explained my situation and told her about the kids and wanting proximity to the beach and she gave me villa number 2, on the bottom floor, seems like that one is very close to the beach but they all are really close to the beach so seems you can't go wrong with any of them... the lower numbers are closer to the main pool and main front desk.. if you call and explain your situation Rita or Chris, they should be able to accomodate you assuming they have free space... I booked my room a year in advance, however I would say it's not a "known" hotel so to speak, there are more flashy hotels but I think with the influx now with Disney coming to Tortola, it could impact their busy season... be sure to check their rates, apparently in the colder weather seasons here, their prices jump... but generally as I'm sure you can tell after doing your research, the Tortola trips are brand new to Disney cruisers, about a month in so even if your cruise is this summer or whatever, chances are Ft. Recovery will have room if you book months in advance... I'll be sure to post a cruise trip report to let you know how it goes

ETA: when I explained my situation she gave me the basic one bedroom villa, every room has their own kitchen, so conceivably you can cook your own lunch or breakfast right in the room if you have the supplies

Has anyone been to Long Bay Beach? That is the other excursion we are deciding on (Cane Garden Bay vs. Long Bay Beach). Long Bay is further away but it gives us 2.5 hour beach time vs. just 1 hour beach time at Cane Garden Bay.
I am trying to decide between these two as well. I hope more people post in the next couple of weeks about their experiences :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter