Tortola beach question

WINTER

DIS Veteran
are you at their mercy when coming and going to Jost Van Dyke beach? I guess my real question is are there only one trip scheduled to deliver cruisers to the beach and one to return or are there more than one return time? How long are you actually at the beach? TIA

Last edited:
When you arrive at JVD, you will go to the beach. There is nothing for you to do at tiny! port. And essentially no way to get there. It is over a ridge on a steep, windy road.

At the beach, you will have few options on land. The beach and seating area in front of Soggy Dollar Bar, up the beach from the excursion area, was my preferred place. (I am not a party /bar person, just found this more relaxing. Could have been the trees and shade. Plus, the water was beautiful in this area).

If you take the dcl excursions-yes, you are on their timetable. Last May there were two excursions. One with lunch and one without. I have done both on two separate cruises. The one without lunch had you on the beach for about 90 minutes. The one with lunch you had a couple of hours- I don't remember exactly but I want to say between 2.5 and 3 hours before you had to return. You must go and come according to your times. There are not open times to go and come due to transfers etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter