Torn on where to eat before MVMCP

3littlecuties

DIS Veteran
We currently have a 5:00 reservation at Crystal Palace but I'm not sure if I want to keep it. The characters don't sound like ones that my kids would be excited to see and therefore, I don't know about paying the price for a character meal. I can get a reservation for Skipper Canteen but I've heard such mixed things about it that I'm afraid to try it.

Or we could eat somewhere before heading into the park. I don't want to go too far out of the way though so I don't think we'd want to do Disney Springs or anything. Maybe something on the monorail would work. Or we could just do quick service at MK.

WWYD?

We are doing a late lunch at Whispering Canyon Cafe' and taking the boat to MK after.

CP is awesome, imho

The characters are great and the food is good. Plus you would be in the mk before the start of the party

Last year we ate a late lunch at Kona before MVMCP. It was very good, quite relaxing and a quick monorail ride to MK.

We're going on a Sunday and having Brunch at the Top as our big meal that day. If we were going on any day other than Sunday, though, I would for sure go to Contempo Cafe (QS) at the Contemporary prior to 4 pm when guests are let in for the party. You can get a really filling, delicious meal there. The desserts are pretty awesome, too - however, you might want to just skip dessert since there are free cookies! Personally, I wouldn't waste park time on an MVMCP day at a table service restaurant.

We're going on a Sunday and having Brunch at the Top as our big meal that day. If we were going on any day other than Sunday, though, I would for sure go to Contempo Cafe (QS) at the Contemporary prior to 4 pm when guests are let in for the party. You can get a really filling, delicious meal there. The desserts are pretty awesome, too - however, you might want to just skip dessert since there are free cookies! Personally, I wouldn't waste park time on an MVMCP day at a table service restaurant.
We are going to Brunch at the top on our MVMCP day. We also have BOG at 6pm for that night. Do you think brunch and BOG is to much for one day?

Great minds think alike! haha

First off, I should warn you that I have never been to Brunch at the Top, but I've seen a great deal of photos (check out this thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/b...ill-new-updates-from-12-11-16-on-p-6.3515731/), and it sure looks like a LOT of good food. I guess it depends when you're having brunch. If you're going in the morning, it will probably be fine. We have it set for 12:30, and I'm hoping to really relax and hang out and continue to nibble for about two hours to get my money's worth since it's so expensive. I figure that plus all of the free cookies should be plenty for the night (at least for me... we'll see about DH!).

The TS in MK isn't great IMHO. I would either go to The Wave at CR prior to the party for a good TS meal (then just walk over to the party), or have QS at Columbia Harbor House.

We will most likely grab hot dogs at Casey's because hubby loves to go there. I don't want to be so stuffed for the parties and would be stuffed coming out of Crystal Palace. Over the years I have switched from a Table Service meal before a party to a quick service/snacks kinda deal.

I like CP and would probably keep it. If you really do nto want it, look at a monorail resort meal at 4 PM. WE have had dinner at Kona before a party and loved it, but we do prefer to be in the MK on a party night.

I usually have tea at Garden Room before MVMCP as it's our little tradition. On the event we get hungry during the party we have a quick bite at Starbucks.

Not to highjack this but I have a similar question. I have a ressie for SC at 4:15. I've never done a Christmas party. I'm going the first night. Should we keep our park reservation or do a QS or resort TS before heading over? We are staying at the GF so it will be quick getting to MK.

I'm usually super confident with my Disney planning, but I'm a fish outta water with this!

We are also doing a late lunch at Whispering Canyon. But we are staying at Poly, so will relax there for a while and head over to the party about 6. :)

I vote for the late lunch at a TS restaurant with transportation to MK in mind. We loved the food and characters at 1900 Park Fare. I sometimes make the strawberry soup at home for special occasions. Whispering Canyon is fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter