Torn between 5 hotels - Help please

suzybeezy

I'm taken, but I have two evil stepsisters - lol
We're traveling in May, family of 5. To help the budget we really would like a hotel with a good free breakfast. Cleanliness and comfort are also of huge importance. I'm becoming overwhelmed with information and want to pick the right hotel. Out of all the numerous hotel choices, I've narrowed it down to five possibilities. Ive been searching this thread for reviews and been reading alot of TripAdvisor reviews. The below all seem reviewed fairly decently. Any additional help or advice of the below hotels would be soooooo appreciated.

Buena Vista Suites, Comfort Suites Universal, Country Inn & Suites Universal, Holiday Inn Lake Buena Vista, or Comfort Suites Maingate

If you had to pick, where would you stay?

I have stay at Hawthorne Suites last year and it was clean and free hot breakfast. Plus you can get the Orlando Magic durning peak season for99.00 dollars a night. But you have call the hotel get the rate.

How long are you planning on staying? Did you look into some of the condo's in Orlando? IN May you might find it actually less expensive to stay at one of the Condos and much more space and a kitchen where you can cook your meals thus spending less on food! We used VRBO.com and found many 3 bedroom condo's for the entire week and were quoted around $600 for a week for 3 bedroom. You can ask for particular prices and some will meet your price. I was able to get numerous 3 bedroom's to come to my price of $600 + tax or including tax and had to choose between them. I explained I was on a budget and could not spend over a certain amount. Since you are going in May many of them will still work on a good price with you! PM me if you need more information! I got a great deal at Regal Palms but can give you the other sites and #'s of the ones that I know of in May as I am also going then! Have fun! Let me know if I can help you!

We'll be staying 6 nights. Last time we went, we stayed in a 3 bedroom villa, which was really nice. We ate breakfast at the villa, but I had to cook it and I had to do the clean up (just like home ;) ) So this time, mom wants more a vacation too and that's why we're lookin' at a hotel which includes free breakfast, it will help with the budget, plus lessen my workload. :)

we are going in May also and we booked Holiday Inn express in Lake Buena Vista. Tripadvisor has a lot of good reviews and it is ranked 20 out of 290

Hey Suzybeezy,

i just posted on another thread of yours regarding the HI in lake buena vista. I thought you may be referring to the one in downtown disney which I believe has been closed for some time now due to hurricane damage. However, I see that another poster has mentioned HI Express which I am not familiar with so if you were referring to HI Express sorry for any confusion. I have stayed in Comfort Suites Universal, however, that was about 4 years ago. The breakfast was very basic continental...cereals, muffins, bagels..nothing to write home about. I have heard good things about the breakfast at the Staybridge suites in LBV and believe it is included.

If you are referring to Comfort Suites Maingate East then I recommend them. My mom and sister stayed her a few years ago and really enjoyed it. The breakfast is "deluxe continental." Lots of pastries, muffins, yogurt, cereal, and make your own waffles which were yummy. The pool area was nice and opened late.
Good luck with your choice.

we are going in May also and we booked Holiday Inn express in Lake Buena Vista. Tripadvisor has a lot of good reviews and it is ranked 20 out of 290

Yeah I've emerced in researchig hotels. Its lookin' like Holiday Inn Express Lake Buena Vista has the best reviews.

Its just so scary to click the reserve button on a hotel that I've never been to. Its so much money and its so important to get a good nights sleep so we'll be well rested for Disney. I'd hate to pick a hotel only to find its dirty or cramped or the breakfast is horrible.

I appreciate all your responses. Thanks for taking your time to give me some feedback.

I believe that the HI express is a pet friendly hotel. You may want to check before booking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter