• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Toothsome Chocolate Emporium & Savory Feast Kitchen - 8/22 - UPDATE

*NikkiBell*

Livin’ that DVC & AP life!
The brilliant minds behind Universal’s attractions and its culinary concepts have come together to deliver the next level of dining at Universal CityWalk. The Toothsome Chocolate Emporium & Savory Feast Kitchen will transport you into a 19th century-inspired Steampunk chocolate factory. You’ll indulge your appetite amidst towering smoke stacks, funky gadgetry, and staff wearing unique Steampunk fashion.

Last edited:

Hope they do a full review and see how the food is, etc.

We have a Max Brenner near us so the concept alone doesn't make it a "must do" for us

Gotta say I love the vibe of the place and the music being played. Also, with the characters it has a bit of an Adventurer's Club feel to it

Food looks a little mixed - somethings better than others ... but the price point seemed pretty good for what you are getting/portion size and the experience as a whole

side note: The Sound is now totally stuck in my head

Totally agree with everything @TheMaxRebo said. And even though I've never been to the Universal area, this would definitely bring me there to try it (like seeing Diagon Alley might), and I'd really never have paid attention to ether, had it not been for the DIS! :) :disrocks: If I ever get back down there, I'd definitely like to check this place out! Stupid question - CityWalk is free admission, right?

CityWalk is free admission, right?
Technically, yes. But incidental charges like parking or Mears cab or Uber to get there. Most clubs have cover charge to hear music in the evening but Hard Rock normally doesn't and there is always canned music at Jimmy Buffett's (which I'd rather listen to anyway :-)).

Technically, yes. But incidental charges like parking or Mears cab or Uber to get there. Most clubs have cover charge to hear music in the evening but Hard Rock normally doesn't and there is always canned music at Jimmy Buffett's (which I'd rather listen to anyway :-)).
Thanx Sam. But if I just wanted to go there, walk around, and maybe eat at Toothsome or some place, that's free, right? Knda like Disney Springs? Do you (or anyone else here maybe) know if there are benches/places to sit outside, so I could take breaks when needed?

I was supposed to go to that area years ago when I could walk more and was going to check out the hotels that were there at the time, and meet a bunch of friends for dinner at Emeril's, but there was a HUGE problem (and terrible attitude!) with Emeril's, so we all ended up not going. Since I can't ride most of the stuff at Universal, I think it would be a waste of a huge ticket price for me, but I've always been curious to go check out City Walk (especially places to eat, and this place looks COOL!), and maybe a hotel or two. Just take "sitting breaks" when I have to.

Thanx Sam. But if I just wanted to go there, walk around, and maybe eat at Toothsome or some place, that's free, right? Knda like Disney Springs? Do you (or anyone else here maybe) know if there are benches/places to sit outside, so I could take breaks when needed?

I was supposed to go to that area years ago when I could walk more and was going to check out the hotels that were there at the time, and meet a bunch of friends for dinner at Emeril's, but there was a HUGE problem (and terrible attitude!) with Emeril's, so we all ended up not going. Since I can't ride most of the stuff at Universal, I think it would be a waste of a huge ticket price for me, but I've always been curious to go check out City Walk (especially places to eat, and this place looks COOL!), and maybe a hotel or two. Just take "sitting breaks" when I have to.

So Citywalk itself is completely free just like Disney springs, but unlike Disney Springs, Citywalk is right at the entrance to the themeparks there is a fee to park there just like there is a fee to park at EPCOT ... (looks like it is $20)

So Citywalk itself is completely free just like Disney springs, but unlike Disney Springs, Citywalk is right at the entrance to the themeparks there is a fee to park there just like there is a fee to park at EPCOT ... (looks like it is $20)
Thanx, Phil. I don't drive, so wouldn't have to worry about parking, just paying my personal limo to take me there. LOL. Any idea about benches @ City Walk?

But if I just wanted to go there, walk around, and maybe eat at Toothsome or some place, that's free, right? Knda like Disney Springs? Do you (or anyone else here maybe) know if there are benches/places to sit outside, so I could take breaks when needed?

It is def free to enter into City Walk and enjoy the shops & restaurants.

I'm sure there are a few benches plus a few tables because there are some newer take out options now. I did a quick walk through approx 3 yrs ago enroute to the parks but don't recall noticing anything specific.

This would be a great park bench video idea for the Team. :-)

Hope they do a full review and see how the food is, etc.

We have a Max Brenner near us so the concept alone doesn't make it a "must do" for us
We have Max Brenner's right near us too, and I'm not a chocolate fan, but I still have a compulsion to go there.
Did anyone see the Orlando informer's review of the place? Scathing!

We have Max Brenner's right near us too, and I'm not a chocolate fan, but I still have a compulsion to go there.
Did anyone see the Orlando informer's review of the place? Scathing!

I hadn't read it but just did and yeah, not so hot. Seems like a really stressed (or just plane rude) senior manager at the beginning set the tone for a not great experience and it really seems like if they are going to promote the milkshakes as a highlight / feature - they need to figure out how to make them faster (the DIS team had similar experience)

They did note the food itself was good and reasonably priced - but yeah, not the best first impression

I hadn't read it but just did and yeah, not so hot. Seems like a really stressed (or just plane rude) senior manager at the beginning set the tone for a not great experience and it really seems like if they are going to promote the milkshakes as a highlight / feature - they need to figure out how to make them faster (the DIS team had similar experience)

They did note the food itself was good and reasonably priced - but yeah, not the best first impression
Yeah, sounds like it.
8 machines for a restaurant that boasts it's crazy and amazing milkshakes doesn't seem sufficient. Hopefully they get their crap together.
I'll poke my head in for a look at the very least!

I thought this was a solid and informative show (Craig, Ryno, and Oliver are a great team), and certainly any new restaurant - particularly one this ambitious and large - is going to have some issues. I plan on checking the place out in a few weeks and will report back. The chocolate bread, at the very least, seems interesting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter