Too young for BBB?

Different children are different. Our 5 year old niece was too young for BBB while the clearly much younger girl in the next chair was fine.

They won't let her do it unless she's already 3.
I know some people have tried to lie and say the child is 3, but since 2 year olds don't need park tickets they get into Disney for free, then the parents have to explain why their "three year old" got into Disney for free without a park ticket lol. :rotfl:
You can always just bring a Princess dress and have it laying out in your room as a surprise for her, maybe attach a note to the dress saying it was a gift from Tinkerbelle or something cute like that, and then go get her hair cut at the disney barbershop instead. :goodvibes

My niece went just before 3. She didn't have a park ticket, nobody asks to see valid admission at BBB. Not saying you should do it, up to you...but nobody is going to question you or ask your dd's age. I'm sure there will be some here who think you are teaching your child to lie, know for a fact that they ask the age of a child at the salon or require proof of ticket and there is always a risk, but at the end of the day it is highly unlikely any of that will happen. If you are going to go back again soon, I'd say skip it...but if this is a once in a lifetime or longtime trip I'd be more likely to do it.

My niece went just before 3. She didn't have a park ticket, nobody asks to see valid admission at BBB. Not saying you should do it, up to you...but nobody is going to question you or ask your dd's age. I'm sure there will be some here who think you are teaching your child to lie, know for a fact that they ask the age of a child at the salon or require proof of ticket and there is always a risk, but at the end of the day it is highly unlikely any of that will happen. If you are going to go back again soon, I'd say skip it...but if this is a once in a lifetime or longtime trip I'd be more likely to do it.

I 2nd that - even though its frowned upon, we took our DD when was was 4 weeks away from being three and she LOVED it - she is 6 now and still talks about it - in detail :goodvibes

Same here, took my daughter who was just shy of 3 to BBB and she loved it. I knew she would do well. No one asked to see a ticket or prove she was three. She still remembers that first time there.

Only you know your child. A 2.5 year old may love it or just throw a temper tantrum. A 5 year old could do the same thing.

The reason the age requirement is 3 is because the makeup is only approved for children over 3 years old. Its just Disney legal covering their bases in case of a reaction to the makeup in a baby.

They CAN ask how old your child is and deny her. They won't necessarily do so though.

thanks everyone! She will be a few weeks shy of 3, but we already have a packed trip so will pass this time.

My daughter will be 30 months on our next trip and we will be going with our 5 year old niece who already has her appointment set. We called yesterday and are awaiting a call back. The manager was going to see if he/she could allow the hair to be done but not the makeup...or just anything to include my daughter in the experience. If we have any luck, I'll let you know! We have been honest about her age from the start, but just hope we can pay whatever it costs for her to feel like a "pwi ce" too!

I wouldn't hold my breath. She is 6 months from the cuttoff. They have to draw the line somewhere. Take her to the Harmony Barbershop.

My sister and her family will not be entering the parks, so that's not an option for them. We are also looking at Orlando spas for kids, as that will be our back up if needed. I don't care, but this is something my sister really wants for the girls to do together.

We took my daughter on her third birthday. She enjoyed it... mostly... she still talks fondly of it, but she doesn't particularly like getting her hair done to begin with, so she wasn't exactly enthralled. On top of that, she still has fine baby hair, which is really hard for them to get up into the bun and to actually stay in place. We had it done at WOD in DTD and went immediately to MK. Her hair was an absolute disaster within 20 minutes. So, if your little one has fine hair - just wait. For us, it was such a let down. We had been to DLR six months prior with my nieces (5 and 6 years old) who loved their experience and their hair was awesome for the next day and an half. We had high hopes that were totally not met. We're going again next month and I've already told my daughter she's going to have to wait until she is four or five to get it done again. I will bring a comb, hair gel, hair spray, glitter and bobby pins and do it myself. We have to do the same basic thing for ballet class and it turns out much better. I really don't mean to sound like a Debbie Downer, it's only because of her thin fine hair that we were so disappointed. :/

We took my DD a few weeks before her third birthday. There were no issues. No one asked for a park ticket and no one asked her age. We went to the world of Disney location. It was fun for us both. I'm actually glad we did it then because we haven't been back to Disney since that trip. Now at 4, she refuses to wear the cute princess dresses because they are itchy, which at 2 she loved. We have a trip coming up next month. We are doing BBB again, but bringing our own princess inspired sundress.

We took my daughter on her third birthday. She enjoyed it... mostly... she still talks fondly of it, but she doesn't particularly like getting her hair done to begin with, so she wasn't exactly enthralled. On top of that, she still has fine baby hair, which is really hard for them to get up into the bun and to actually stay in place. We had it done at WOD in DTD and went immediately to MK. Her hair was an absolute disaster within 20 minutes. So, if your little one has fine hair - just wait. For us, it was such a let down. We had been to DLR six months prior with my nieces (5 and 6 years old) who loved their experience and their hair was awesome for the next day and an half. We had high hopes that were totally not met. We're going again next month and I've already told my daughter she's going to have to wait until she is four or five to get it done again. I will bring a comb, hair gel, hair spray, glitter and bobby pins and do it myself. We have to do the same basic thing for ballet class and it turns out much better. I really don't mean to sound like a Debbie Downer, it's only because of her thin fine hair that we were so disappointed. :/

This is my fear. Our ODD will be 4 when we go in the fall. We did a "at home" princess hairdo this morning and she barely had enough hair to make a bun (even with a tiny "bun donut") and it was all falling out shortly therafter. Granted, I did not used product in her hair, so gel/spray might help, I just don't know how well her fine hair will do if we take her. YDD will be getting a "first haircut" at Harmony, so I may just have them do something to ODD's hair there.

This is my fear. Our ODD will be 4 when we go in the fall. We did a "at home" princess hairdo this morning and she barely had enough hair to make a bun (even with a tiny "bun donut") and it was all falling out shortly therafter. Granted, I did not used product in her hair, so gel/spray might help, I just don't know how well her fine hair will do if we take her. YDD will be getting a "first haircut" at Harmony, so I may just have them do something to ODD's hair there.

Here are the before, during and after (including 1 hour post - it just went downhill from there!). The next time we do it, we will ask for a TON of hairspray. I don't know if they skipped that step or what, but her hair definitely didn't have the cemented "crunch" that I would expect. lol My husband was with her at the very end of the appointment as my son was fussing. If I had been in there and noticed the lack of hairspray, I would have asked for it and ultimately our experience would have been much better.
BBB1.JPG BBB2.JPG BBB3.JPG BBB4.JPG

my daughter was 3 and she didn't like it at all - didn't help either that she doesn't like her hair really played with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter