Too much luggage for rental car

Ship a couple suitcases to Aulani. We shipped a 56 lb suitcase to AKV recently for about $100 shipgo.com. It was waiting for us when we arrived. We shipped some heavy/bulky items home via usps in the one price boxes. The best part was we traveled with one carry on, a tote and a backpack.
Where you moving there? LOL

Can you rent a bigger van or go with more then 1 vehicle? I would also try to go with less if possible and do laundry mid trip. I know you said that you will be gone for 2 weeks and do not want to do laundry, but dirty clothes can really start to stink after a while. I can't imagine what 7 full suitcases full of 2 week old dirty clothes will smell like. Especially if you are taking home any food souvenirs, it can really permeate anything it is in contact with. I know that most people don't think of things like this, but I travel quit a bit and for longer trips so it is one of those things that I factor in.

Can you rent a bigger van or go with more then 1 vehicle? I would also try to go with less if possible and do laundry mid trip. I know you said that you will be gone for 2 weeks and do not want to do laundry, but dirty clothes can really start to stink after a while. I can't imagine what 7 full suitcases full of 2 week old dirty clothes will smell like. Especially if you are taking home any food souvenirs, it can really permeate anything it is in contact with. I know that most people don't think of things like this, but I travel quit a bit and for longer trips so it is one of those things that I factor in.
I’m definitely NOT a laundry on vacation person (that’s part of what I’m on vacation FROM LOL), but yeah, we did 14 days in Hawaii and I was glad to have that washer and dryer after day 9! I had never thought of that before as that was our longest trip ever.

We just set up Owners Locker with the AP discount and will allow us to travel much lighter! :laundy:

I’m definitely NOT a laundry on vacation person (that’s part of what I’m on vacation FROM LOL), but yeah, we did 14 days in Hawaii and I was glad to have that washer and dryer after day 9! I had never thought of that before as that was our longest trip ever.
To be fair, I don't think that anyone wants to do laundry or cook or clean on vacation. But needs must. I rather spend an hour doing laundry then deal with the hassle of more bags(and in this case transportation issues), or having the funky clothes at the end of the trip. Sometimes, you can't even get some of that smell out even after you wash it when you get home. Sweat and mildew do not like to wash out well.

We ended up renting 2 cars for our group of 8 bc I don't want to chance that a minivan would only have capt chairs in the 2nd row instead of a bench seat. Then trying to squeeze luggage in.

We just set up Owners Locker with the AP discount and will allow us to travel much lighter! :laundy:

Do they have Owners Locker at Aulani?

OP, can you do laundry when you arrive at Aulani in your room? Just a few loads that first night so that you have clothes for the next day, and then do some the next day as well.

I don't even have enough clothes for 2 weeks so we have to do laundry.

This is us. We live in the mid west and have plenty of clothes, just not all summer clothing. I would not have enough to go that long only wearing something once. I don't own 14 pairs of shorts.

Do they have Owners Locker at Aulani?

OP, can you do laundry when you arrive at Aulani in your room? Just a few loads that first night so that you have clothes for the next day, and then do some the next day as well.

I've never been on a trip longer than a week so Idk if I'd have enough clothes or not. I probably would between summer dresses and shorts. My problem is Idk what I'm going to want to wear on any particular day, so I always end up taking extra shirts or shorts or shoes.... If I can't commit to an outfit a day for 7 days, do you know how hard it is to plan a trip including park days and meals months ahead of time:rotfl2::rotfl2:

When we go to disney for 7 days each member of my family packs a full size suitcase, and also checks a carry on size one. Plus a backpack for laptops and a tote for the medicine and essentials.
I could fit it in one regular bag but then no room for purchases. No way we could share a full size bag. Three adults in three different households.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter