Too many days at Disney?

I keep hearing that 6-7 days at Disney is just too long. We'll be bored, tired and won't enjoy it.

How many days is too many for you and your family?

*This is our first time ever!

There is NO WAY that 6-7 days is too long for a first timer! No chance you'll be bored, there is a lot to do.

In the past, I use to go for 7-8 nights on each trip but the last few times, I've cut that back to about 3-5 days (3 is a bit too short but 4 is just about right for me). I've been to WDW over 20 times so 4 or 5 days is about right. Once Disney gets the new lands up and running, I may increase my time.

I grew up in Florida and we often had annual passes. There is way more going on for you to accomplish in 6-7 days at Disney. On top of the 4 parks and 2 water parks, there are tons of free activities and tours at the various hotels on site. There are also two mini-golf courses, Disney Springs, DisneyQuest (though this is closing soon), and so much more!

I think 7 days is perfect for a first trip. We did 5 days on our first trip (not enough), 6 days on our second trip (still not enough), and 13 days on our most recent trip (10 park days, which is the most you can do without AP's). We still didn't feel like the 13 days was too long, but I understand why some people would. Next year we're shooting for 14 days if we can swing it - no parks on departure or arrival days and 2 down days over the course of the trip to recharge.

The only times I've felt a trip was too long were when I got sick and so couldn't enjoy being there. Other than that, however long the trip is, I usually find myself at the end wishing for just one more day and thinking of other things I could do if I had more time. In addition to all the activities at Disney, there are also lots of other tourist attractions in central Florida, so I don't see how anybody would ever run out of things to do. However long the trip, it's important to get enough rest and stay healthy, which can be challenging because there are so many fun things to do there, that who wants to stop and rest.

I only spent 5 days . And thought that was not enough. I think 7 days is perfect. But depending how many disney days and hotel days. I think you could easily do 10

Here's our "plan" for a birthday visit...

SAT-travel day
SUN-Magic Kingdom early, check out the Geyser Bar at Wilderness Lodge for lunch?
MON-EPCOT around 11AM for Frozen FP, Flying Fish for birthday dinner,
TUE-Resort day, Disney Springs for lunch
WED-Animal Kingdom all day, checking out Tiffins Lounge and Pandora
THU-DHS, Yachtsman for dinner?
FRI-MK
SAT-EPCOT
SUN-travel day

We've done 10-14 days before... I love it, DW misses the cats.

I would live there if I could, so no trip for me is long enough. But for someone who wants to try to do as much as they can, especially on a first visit, I wouldn't recommend less than a week. You need at least two MK days, at least one day in each of the other three parks, at least one day to explore water parks, and then one day to cover anything you missed (or if you decide to split the water parks into separate days). That's 7 days.

We started off with 7 days years ago and kept adding days on because it was never enough. Our longest trip was 16 days. When you plan a longer trip, you just need to allow for some down time. If you went from morning until night in a park everyday, it would be exhausting. Our trip this year is 11 days, plus some time at the beach. I don't think 7 days would be nearly enough for us especially with the addition of Pandora. We just enjoy it too much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter