Too hot for uggs?

hollygolitely93

DIS Veteran
Going in a week...what do you think...can I do uggs in the park? Thinking to change into them for night. Are they comfy enough for park walking?

Sorry, I cant comment on if its too hot for ugg in Florida, but I wore my uggs to Cedar Point(my local amusment park) last month and I walked around for 8 hours and my feet did not hurt after and they were very warm.

Typically the weather this time of year is highs in the mid to upper 70's and lows in the low 60's. I'm a guy and I dint wear Uggs but I hop that helps.

Whether or not they are too hot depends on who you are. I'm meeting my friend who lives in Tampa tomorrow. The lows are from 55-60 and she is bringing a winter jacket and gloves. I'm from NY and will be wearing a light sweatshirt at night and probably my flip flops. I can't imagine wearing boots in 60 degree temps., but I'm sure she could!

You might be able to, I don't find them comfortable for walking hours in the park.There is no arch support or any support at all.My feet would be screaming in pain.But if you are used to walking around in them and used to wearing shoes with no support you might be fine

I'd bring them along. A few years ago I went from dec. 13-19 and I was cold. I saw the girls with the uggs and wanted to buy them from them hehe

I've gone three times in January (twice to WDW, once to DL) and wore UGGs all three times and was fine! I'm used to wearing them for really extended time periods so I was perfectly comfortable in them. I can't speak to the current weather, but when I went it was in the 60s (70s in DL) and I wasn't too hot in them. Have a great trip!

I brought my Uggs to the parks a few years ago and was very comfortable wearing them.

But I do have a HUGE caution!! If their is any chance of rain, DO NOT WEAR THEM!! haha. I did not know there was a chance of rain while I was wearing them and got stuck outside. By the time I was able to get inside, my Uggs were SOAKED! I had to buy new socks AND get plastic bags to put on my feet because they were so drenched. So although they were comfortable to walk in, do not get them wet!

I wear Uggs in the summer! :laughing: I will be there 17-1/1 and I imagine I will be wearing them most days.

I wear my uggs to the park all the time when it's cold, especially at night. I've been so thankful many times that I did bring them. We always travel to WDW in late Jan or early Feb, so the nights can be chilly.

I only wear my uggs in the winter and think my feet would die if I tried to wear them in 70 degree weather. Even when I go in stores in the winter with them on, my feet sweat.

Agree with PP - they are flat bottom so there is no support at all. I'm willing to bet after a day or two of being on your feet all day and walking, your back will ache. Also agree that they will get soaked if there is any chance of rain.

If you want to change into them at night when only going out for a few hours, that would be do-able, but I wouldn't wear them for all day touring.

No, I wouldn't wear during the day...I am too old and not light enough to walk all day on flat soles. Ha! I was thinking of changing into them after our afternoon break for the night parades and such. They take a lot of suitcase room so wanted to be sure. Maybe we will wear them on the plane. Thanks all!

I'd bring them just in case. You may need them, you may not... Florida weather is wack! :laughing:

I would like to make it my life's work to ban Uggs and Crocs from the State of Florida. Remember, it's not a matter if you could, but rather, if you should.

Just say no to Uggs.

I'll put it this way, I had on UGG moccasins earlier and our high temperature here today has been 59. I just took them off and changed to flats for our drive to WDW!I will say this, they felt incredible at US/IOA on December 26 when it was 35 degrees!

I always bring them for our January/February trips, but only wear them at night. I stick to flip flops during the day. But, we've been blessed with amazing weather for all of our trips.

Last year I was very glad DD and I brought our UGGs. It was so cold, and rainy on some days, when we were there last 12/18-25. And this year we're heading to New York from Orlando, so we'll have them along anyway. They were also super comfy for walking around for hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter