• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Too ambitious at AK?

I suppose the real question is, is it "most of the time" or "all of the time"? And is the op a gambler? ;)

We always do at least a couple early park ADRs on every trip. And we've never had trouble being out without feeling rushed. We make sure we're at the front of the pack entering the park and we ask for the ticket and settle up soon after being seated (at buffets or all you can eat locations).

I agree with moving you EE fp to a little later. We would be fine with that timeline but we really like to move quickly through the parks

If you're like me you'll intend to be early but end up running late. We are not morning people so it's a challenge. :)

I would concentrate on the ADR and be flexible about the safari. Your times might mesh nicely but you can always ride it after Everest.

We decided kind of late that we wanted to do breakfast at Tusker House, so I've been keeping an eye out for a pre-park breakfast. Finally snagged one, but it's at 8:35. So here's our tentative plan:

Breakfast at Tusker House (8:35)
Safari
Expedition Everest (Fastpass 9:30-10:30)
Finding Nemo (11AM)

Is that at all possible? We're planning on showing up early and trying to get in early... We're there 9/15, which according to EasyWDW should be a Level 1 day, and AK is the second most recommended park.
If you're just going to rush through breakfast, why go to Tusker House?

On the other hand, I think your plan is doable.

If you enter Safari by 9:30, you should not have a wait much longer than 15 minutes.
http://www.easywdw.com/cheatsheets/ak_cheatsheet_v3.pdf

The Safari is 30 minutes, so you're done by 10:15am. It's close, but you should be at EE before 10:30.

Best advice, as others have said - attempt to check in to Tusker House as early as they'll let you and you may avoid feeling rushed eating and trying to get through the Safari.

You can also FP Nemo since you've listed nothing else to avoid some hassle.

Before you do this, I would consider what the priority for my family is. I refuse to rush through sn expensive meal in order to get go can attraction. If you want the meal and the safari, I would do as others suggested, arrive as early as possible in order to be ahead of the early birds. Beat feet right over to th and check in asap so you are one of the first to be seated. Then you should be okay. But you really have to get the early. If you are like us and have good intentions but not so good follow through, skip breakfast. Or make it later in the day, and fnjoy a brunch

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter