Tomorrowland Speedway

DisneyMommy77

DIS Veteran
Hello,
We usually head straight to Fantasyland at park opening, but this year the kids are older and want to drive the cars first. Can anyone tell me if for sure this ride is up and running at opening? I believe at Disneyland once Autopia took about 15 additional minutes after opening before you could actually get in a car. (This could have just been a 1 time thing, not sure)
If that's the case at Magic Kingdom I think we should hit another ride first, so I would like to see if anyone has experience with this at rope drop.
Thanks!

We always do this early, but not first ride.. its always open when we get there (~30 min after rope drop).. We use to hit Buzz lighyear first but now we hit Space mtn first.. the Speedway is soon after..

This is our experience last March...

After our PPO breakfast at CP the RD crowd was already in the park and we went straight to Space Mountain to get a rider switch and let my oldest ride it as many times as possible. After getting the rider switch I went to the Speedway with my youngest and we were the second group of cars allowed to go on the track. They were still opening the ride and slowly adding cars. My youngest loved her experience and was over the moon when she discovered her Mickey driver license on the stroller (there was only 2 strollers at that time in the stroller parking).

So to answer your question, they seem to open the attraction at RD but it's gradual. You probably could fit a ride in Buzz before Speedway and still not wait at either one.

At rope drop, we always do Peter Pan and Pooh or Buzz and Space Mountain before heading to Speedway.

We then do (Pooh if we do Buzz/SM first) Teacups, Dumbo, meet Ariel then over to Minnie, Daisy, Goofy and Donald.

From there we ride Barnstormer, ride Mermaid, ride Smallworld and then use our 7D FP+

Last few times in MK, we did BTMRR or Buzz first and then got to Speedway by about 30min after opening. We didn't wait more than 20 minutes at the most and they were still opening the rides (adding cars and a second track). It's still a favorite for DS4!

At rope drop, we always do Peter Pan and Pooh or Buzz and Space Mountain before heading to Speedway.

We then do (Pooh if we do Buzz/SM first) Teacups, Dumbo, meet Ariel then over to Minnie, Daisy, Goofy and Donald.

From there we ride Barnstormer, ride Mermaid, ride Smallworld and then use our 7D FP+

This is exactly what we do. Then we do HM, lunch at Liberty, FP+ for BTMR and Splash, dry off watching the parade at Frontierland and take the train to Main Street to park hop or take a small break at the hotel. Or maybe an early ADR to Ohana. We try to do a 4th FP to Prates or Jungle.

Last edited:
We do Buzz and Atro Orbiter first then hit TLSW and it's been 10 ish minutes. Don't wait too long though. For some reason crowds build fairly quickly for it. Although, I should say that I have a double standard on wait times for it - 25 mins feels like a bargain for Space Mtn for example but feels too long for the speedway. YMMV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter