• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tokyo DisneySea to Reopen

Malin

Mouseketeer
Tokyo Disney Resort announced today that it will reopen Tokyo DisneySea Park on April 28, 2011 after a hiatus since March 12 following the Great East Japan Earthquake.

In addition, Tokyo Disneyland will resume operating into the nighttime hours
starting April 23, 2011.

The new nighttime spectacular “Fantasmic!” and the new character greeting facility
Mickey & Friends’ Greeting Trails will also open on the same day. The Tokyo
DisneySea 10th anniversary event will be postponed.

Please see link below for further information.

http://www.olc.co.jp/wpmu/wp-content/blogs.dir/7/files/2011/04/20110420_03e.pdf

Thanks for sharing :thumbsup2. Having both parks open will be great for the Japanese people, it as already apparent that the opening of TDL has brought back much joy an escape into their lives.

Plus I'm not going to lie the opening back up is great for me too since I will be there soon :banana:

Glad to hear it! Too bad I missed it by a week, but oh well next trip :thumbsup2

I was able to be there for the opening night on April 28. It was fantastic. I had to work during the day, but had a starlight admission from 6-10. I think I may have been one of the only westerners in the park. From 7-8 most of the Japanese people were jockeying for position to see Fantasmic, and I was able to ride every ride with no line at all. It was actually a bit weird to see completely empty restaurants and line queues at a Disney park.

Honestly, Disney Sea was amazing and I think it may be my favorite park now ...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter