• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Toilitries update?

oceanmarina

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

I remember reading a few months ago about the plan to switch from the nice Disney toiletries -the individual soap bars, shampoo, conditioner , body lotion bottles to the shower pumps - full disclosure here I hate, hate this plan :mad:

Can anyone tell me what hotels are doing this and what they've heard about the plan for this.

I'm staying at WL this August and looking forward to brining some of those little soap bars home - I use them in my bathroom at home and they always remind me of my Disney trip.

Thanks, Marina

Hi all,

I remember reading a few months ago about the plan to switch from the nice Disney toiletries -the individual soap bars, shampoo, conditioner , body lotion bottles to the shower pumps - full disclosure here I hate, hate this plan :mad:

Can anyone tell me what hotels are doing this and what they've heard about the plan for this.

I'm staying at WL this August and looking forward to brining some of those little soap bars home - I use them in my bathroom at home and they always remind me of my Disney trip.

Thanks, Marina

Currently only the Values and Moderates are getting the wall mounted pumps.

I’m staying at WL too in Aug and glad they aren’t using the wall mounted soaps too.

I just saw somewhere on here that CSR still has the individual soaps, shampoos, etc...
I'm hoping they keep it that way. NOT a fan of the pumps either

I agree, to me the toiletries are a nice perk of staying at Disney, and I bring the shampoos to the gym, it's always a nice reminder of my summer trip all year long! It's a little nice touch to have the individual toiletries, a small momento of your Disney vacation. I really hope they keep it that way as well!

I’m sure it all comes down to dollars and sense. You’d be surprised how much a company like Disney can save with such a change.

Can you ask for bar soap at POR? DH doesn’t like liquid soap, or should I pack some?

Can you ask for bar soap at POR? DH doesn’t like liquid soap, or should I pack some?

We were at POR and POP last month. POR still had individual bottles and bar soap in the room. At POP, though they had the large wall mounted dispensers in the shower, bar soap was still in the room by the sink. I didn't ask for more because we only spent 2 nights at POP, but I'm sure it would have been no problem.

regards

We were at POR and POP last month. POR still had individual bottles and bar soap in the room. At POP, though they had the large wall mounted dispensers in the shower, bar soap was still in the room by the sink. I didn't ask for more because we only spent 2 nights at POP, but I'm sure it would have been no problem.

regards

Order66- Was there just soap in the shower at pop or was there shampoo and conditioner also?

CBR had wall mounted pumps for all three and bar soap at the sink over Memorial Day weekend.

Sorry to be the one who disagrees, but I hope that this change happens in all resorts.

I’ve loved the little bottles in the past as they have always been a nice reminder of my trip. But, I’m also now much more accutely aware of the threat all disposeable plastics pose on the environment.

The big refillable bottles certainly won’t feel as decadent, but they will feel much less wasteful.

The small plastic bottles are recyclable, and many communities do recycle them.

It’s definitely a plus that they’re recyclable.

However, while I won’t speak for the US, I do know that many countries are using plastics much faster than they can recycle them.
China saying ‘No’ to recyclables, has been a bit of a wake up call for many (myself included).
I’m all for recycling, but I do think that right now ‘reducing’ is the better environmental option.

It’s definitely a plus that they’re recyclable.

However, while I won’t speak for the US, I do know that many countries are using plastics much faster than they can recycle them.
China saying ‘No’ to recyclables, has been a bit of a wake up call for many (myself included).
I’m all for recycling, but I do think that right now ‘reducing’ is the better environmental option.

I saw that, and it also hit home that we have too much use and toss plastics. I'll use the wall mounted if they are in my resort, or just bring my own.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter