Todd English's bluezoo

OKWAnneMarie

DIS Veteran
My husband and I were joined by his co-worker and his wife for dinner at bluezoo at the Dolphin Hotel.

I started with the Littleneck Clams Flatbread (freshly shucked, extra virgin olive oil, grated parmesan & fresh oregano). This was scrumptious and I would go back to bluezoo just to have this again. I gave everyone a piece and we all agreed it was amazing. :worship:

My husband had the Seared Jumbo Sea Scallops with braised beef short rib & silky cauliflower puree. He loved it. I tasted it but I didn’t like it very much. The scallops seemed raw and the short rib wasn’t that great. But my husband disagreed, he thought it was delicious.

The other couple had bluezoo’s New England Style Clam chowder (light & brothy with salt cured bacon & house-made oyster crackers) and the Garlic Roasted Jumbo Shrimp with creamy polenta and fennel butter. I didn’t taste these but they loved their dishes.

They also ordered Littleneck clams, but the waitress brought them oysters instead and she insisted that they said oysters NOT clams. :confused3 But that wasn’t true, no one ever even mentioned oysters. So she grudgingly took them back and brought back these teeny, tiny clams. They were the smallest clams we ever saw. We had a big laugh over that! :rotfl:

For my entrée I had the Simply Fish (mahi mahi grilled on the teppanyaki grill with warm crabmeat sauce). I didn’t like. The fish wasn’t cooked enough for me and the sauce tasted very “fishy”. :sad1:

My husband had the two-pound Maine “Cantonese” Lobster, fried and tossed in sticky soy glaze. He enjoyed it very much. I tasted it and it was just ok.

We shared the Lobster Broccoli Stuffed Cheddar Potato. We both agreed it was tasteless. It sounded a lot better than it tasted.

The other couple had the Surf and Turf (broiled 8-ounce beef tenderloin, butter poached lobster tail, three-way celery, porcini cream) AND the Flame Grilled Tenderloin of Beef Filet (horseradish fingerling potatoes, charred frisee salad and balsamic veal jus). The both raved over their food and said it was fantastic. :cool1:

My dessert wasn’t that great. I had some type of key lime tart. It was just ok. My husband had some chocolate thing (it was just average) and the other couple had delicious sorbet which they loved.

I was a little disappointed in bluezoo, but I would like to give it another try. I really loved that Littleneck Clams Flatbread! It might be a long time before we try it again, though. There are so many great restaurants to try in Disney World and so little time! Besides, bluezoo is very expensive and they don’t accept any discount cards (DDE, AP or DVC) so I think before I go back I will try Jiko at the Animal Kingdom Lodge (I have been trying to eat there for years, but it never worked out).

Thanks for the review. Sorry that bluezoo didn't meet your expectations. I've never been to bluezoo but Jiko was fabulous this past December.

Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for sharing.

Sorry you didn't enjoy it as much as you hoped. I urge you to give it another try one day, it may impress you as much as it did me,
Claire xx

fizz13 said:
Sorry you didn't enjoy it as much as you hoped. I urge you to give it another try one day, it may impress you as much as it did me,
Claire xx

I probably will try it again, just to have that Littleneck clam flatbread. YUMMY!

We had dinner at Blue Zoo for our anniversary May 29 & loved it! We shared the roasted beet salad (very good!). I had the Dancing Fish (that night it was yellowfin snapper) & my DH had the miso glazed chilean sea bass. We ended up changing entrees because mine was a whole fish & I got tired of fighting with the bones! My DH loves eating things like that though (goes crazy for pomegranates too!). I really liked the key lime tart; I liked it much better than various key lime pies that I've tried. We also had the warm molten chocolate cake; we weren't really sure if we liked the lemongrass flavor with the chocolate, but it was interesting, to say the least. Overall, a great experience with very attentive staff (they gave us one of the desserts for our anniversary, which was nice).

We also loved the FF (May 2002), AP (May 2004), & Jiko's (May 2004). Jiko's was definitely my favorite for great food & terrific atmosphere!

Haven't tried BlueZoo. But.....Jiko is my favorite. We had Drew as our waiter and he was fantastic.

Cindy

my sister and I totally agree with the clam flatbread. We stayed at the dolphin in March and had dinner there. The next night we came back late and sat in the bar area just to get the clam flatbread again. Plus the super crab nachos! We thought the bar food was superb.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter