To upgrade to Moderate or not? Can't decide

mousefan73

Germans are faster at dubbing
Can't decide to upgrade or not from ASMo to any moderate.
We are booked first week in Sept. at all ASMo. With son and daughter ages 6 and 7. I keep thinking go ahead and call to see how much an upgrade to moderate will be.
I dont have an issue with staying at a value, but some days I am wanting a nicer ( better beding,, pool/slide and grounds) hotel. We plan on being more in the parks anyways.

I have heard that the All.-Stars are kinda motelike with lots of concrete ??? True?
Anyways, my only concern is that the kids might like ASMo better because of the huge figures. We've stayed at the CBR before and they loved the pool.

Cant decide.

Also we booked the Sept special with free dining. Do they give you the option to upgrade ( with a cost) but keep the same special?
Does anyone know how they figure the room difference?

Thanks

Promos are to book rooms, so not all rooms are available under a promotion. You cannot just pick and choose where you would like to be.

My suggestion is to call CRO and find out what resorts and room categories are available under the free dining promotion.

Or you can go on the Disney website, under special offers, and determine with your dates what is open under a moderate. You can choose just the moderate category.

Either way, you will determine the price difference.

Also what is nice is that with a moderate, not only are you getting more activites, etc., with free dining, you are now getting the MYW Dining plus plan in lieu of the QS plan at the values. Depending on how big your family is, even though you are paying rack rate for the room, you are getting more "meals" for your money.

If you upgrade to a moderate, you will automatically be upgraded to free dining which would include a Table Service meal instead of the QS at the value. For us, the full sized beds are a huge factor. More comfortable and larger beds after walking in the parks is reason enough for us to stay deluxe. Also, we love a good pool slide. I think it would be a win/win situation. :goodvibes JMHO

I personally would upgrade to moderate. I think they are nicer, more quiet, and they aren't motel-like like the values. I do think kids like the All Stars because of the theming and the giant statues. It is more kid-friendly, but I would go for a moderate. It is an entirely different experience. I think you and your family would have a great time at a moderate!

For our last trip, I had originally booked All-Star Music. I booked it under the summer room-only sale. At first no Mods were available. I kept checking and finally something opened up at CBR. I switched and it was fantastic. It was only around $250 to upgrade for 6 nights. My girls are 5 and 7 and LOVED the pool. It was a bit of a hike to the pool, but it was so worth it. We never had any issues. I figured that the pool was worth the cost of the upgrade. It rained a lot while we were there, so not as much pool time as I wished, but it was still great.

I just took the plunge and went from ASSp to CSR...not exactly thrilled with the size of the place but the benefits hopefully outweigh this. Plus, I did pay for preferred and requested a specific building to be where I want close to most things.

I just took the plunge and went from ASSp to CSR...not exactly thrilled with the size of the place but the benefits hopefully outweigh this. Plus, I did pay for preferred and requested a specific building to be where I want close to most things.

If you paid for the preferred, then size will absolutely not be an issue for you. Everything will be the perfect amount away for you. Even though the main pool is not next to the food court area, it is not a far and a very nice walk with a nice view.

CSR has an awesome pool and a nice play area for the kids. And when we stayed there the buses were constantly coming. It was great! Enjoy.

Can't decide to upgrade or not from ASMo to any moderate.
We are booked first week in Sept. at all ASMo. With son and daughter ages 6 and 7. I keep thinking go ahead and call to see how much an upgrade to moderate will be.
I dont have an issue with staying at a value, but some days I am wanting a nicer ( better beding,, pool/slide and grounds) hotel. We plan on being more in the parks anyways.

I have heard that the All.-Stars are kinda motelike with lots of concrete ??? True?
Anyways, my only concern is that the kids might like ASMo better because of the huge figures. We've stayed at the CBR before and they loved the pool.

Cant decide.

Also we booked the Sept special with free dining. Do they give you the option to upgrade ( with a cost) but keep the same special?
Does anyone know how they figure the room difference?

Thanks

You will definetly have to call - which I totally would - because I'm not sure but I think that the book by date for the free dining has expired. However, even though they may have to make a new reservation, you may fall into the "already did it" category. (Again, no expert here just going by things I've done in the past). But, since promo's are based on availability, it's possible some moderates may have booked all of theire "free dining" rooms.

I would call CRO and check too - it can't hurt to see what's available. POR would be a really nice choice for you and your kids but really you can't go wrong with any resort. Post back and let us know what you decide.

As far as theming every Disney Hotel is amazing... I went with CSR because the thought of, after a long day at the Parks, squeezing into a double bed was not very appealing to me... The Queen size beds IMO are worth extra especially when you are sharing a bed with a child that does karate in their sleep.....

I will call tonight to see if change is possible and for how much.

CBR is very spread out and preferred gets you closer to dining pools etc. for buses no difference as buses run a circle with multiple stops on property. Depending on park you may be first/ last on off. If you plan on eating bkfst each morning on site, i could see a 10/15 walk getting annoying each day. If you are farthest out. I know the pirate rooms were preferred but the farthest. Take a look at the resort map.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter