To Infinity and Beyond - Becoming a Better DopeyBadger (Comments Welcome)

The big question for tomorrow is what to wear. My rule of thumb is...

Over 40 wind chill - singlet and shorts
Between 30 and 40 - long sleeve and shorts
Between 20 and 30 - long sleeve and pants

Current wind chill predictions is 31 to 33 for the race duration.

I currently have singlet, shorts, and my calf sleeves (to be used as arm warmers throw away) left out right now. I also have winter gloves and a winter hat. I have tons and tons of throw away clothes to wear too.

Thoughts?
I'd say dress warmer than usual. What may have felt normal after running in subzero temps, may not feel the same way after all the HAT work you've recently done. Plus there is a wind chill advisory out until sun up. They are predicting the wind chill will make it feel like 20's.

Jeez, 31-33 is really cold. I know you run warm especially if going 7:00 to sub 7 pace ... so I would go for things you can very easily toss without slowing you down. Definitely gloves ... you're fast so maybe ask some of the fast runners (Jaime, Mike, Cliff, Wendy etc) who are running similar times for advice.

I'd say dress warmer than usual. What may have felt normal after running in subzero temps, may not feel the same way after all the HAT work you've recently done. Plus there is a wind chill advisory out until sun up. They are predicting the wind chill will make it feel like 20's.

Jeez, 31-33 is really cold. I know you run warm especially if going 7:00 to sub 7 pace ... so I would go for things you can very easily toss without slowing you down. Definitely gloves ... you're fast so maybe ask some of the fast runners (Jaime, Mike, Cliff, Wendy etc) who are running similar times for advice.

After being in the parks today the final decision is shorts and long sleeve. Definitely feels colder than WI 30-33 windchill. But I've got a ridiculous amount of layers for before and after race so I can wait for my mom for a few hours at the finish. This is it for me, goodnight all and best of luck!

Lil late tonight but here's everyone's guesses. Sorry for the screen shot as I'm on my phone at the moment.
The marathon column is what matters.
IMG_8750.PNG

Good luck!!!!!

Sorry for not getting the results to y'all sooner. My mom came to rescue me (aka babysit) so I could do my long run and I'm taking her to dinner as payback. I promise for official data tonight.

And omg it's 15 degrees out here in a Chicago (no sympathy I'm sure from marathoners). :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter