To do or not to do waterparks

msheriffm

Mouseketeer
I am trying to decide if we should purchase the water park package for our trip. We will be staying at the Beach club for either 7 or 8 days. It costs about $250 for us to add the water package, I know it comes with other things to but we would only use the water parks. It seems that the beach club has an outstanding water area so I am not sure if we need to spend the extra money. We have children 12 and 14 and this will be their one and only trip to Disney World on us. We live in an area that has big water parks. My kids have also been to Disneyland four times. Thank you for your opinions.

You can always add on the WPFM option later, after you get there. With only 7 or 8 days and this being your "one and only" trip to WDW, I'd guess that you won't have a lot of extra time outside of the 4 major theme parks. Staying at BC, you'll have a really special pool to use.

But if you get there and decide that you want a day at a waterpark, you can purchase a one day admission for less adding than the waterpark option to your MYW tickets. And if you save the receipt from your one day waterpark admission, you can use that as a credit towards adding the WPFM option to your tickets if you decide you want to do a second waterpark day (or partial day).

I agree with the PP. You've got a limited time to really tour all of the parks, and you are going to be at a resort with one of the best pool areas in all of WDW. I would wait and see if you even want to spend a day at a water park, and simply purchase a single day admission if you do decide to go.

If you do it, I would suggest a one day ticket. It is a nice break from the parks, especially given the ages of the kids.

No water park for us. We are staying at BCV and it is totally not necessary with SAB! Besides, last WDW water park I went to I broke my toe. I will just coast around the lazy river while my kids take on the slide. But, of course they are now 18 and 11.

If you are only planning to have one water park or Disney Quest day you are much better off purchasing separate tickets.

If you add the Water Parks Fun and More option to your MYW ticket it will cost $58.58 (including tax) per person, adult or child. It will add one WPF&M entry per day on the base or hopper ticket (but two entries on a one day ticket).

If you purchase one day water park tickets they cost $52.19 adult and $43.67 child. (Disney Quest are $45.80/$39.41) If you are an Annual Passholder or DVC Member you can purchase one day water park tickets at an approximate 10% discount.

This upgrade may be done at any Park (including water parks or TTC) ticket booth or Guest Relations Office. If it is on your room key it can also be done at the Resort Lobby Concierge.

(Note each person must have their own ticket. Even though it adds multiple entries to your ticket, you can only use one ticket for one person.)

Also, if you are planning to do three or more water park visits within a year there is a definite price advantage to purchase Water Park Annual Passes.

We have two unusual policies at the water parks concerning ticketing. Both involve use of a one day water park ticket.

One is we will allow full value of the used WP ticket to upgrade to a WP AP as long as it is within 14 days of use.

The other, which is the only time combining tickets is allowed, is we will merge a used WP one day ticket with a MYW ticket to add the WPF&M option and only charge the difference in price.

Isn't SAB like a water park inside itself? I have never stayed there but plan too someday. (Thank you DVC :thumbsup2)

SAB is really nice but it isn't a water park. It has a small lazy river and a couple waterfalls and a big slide. It's a huge pool with parts having a sandy bottom. But I would not compare it to a water park. We did stay at the BC and did go to Typhoon Lagoon. You will spend a full day at a water park so if you think you will have time, I would do it. Both waterparks are great; we prefer Typhoon Lagoon because dd loves the wave pool. And both have the best mini doughnuts ever!

I have to be honest, I don't think we'll pay again for those waterparks. Now my kids are younger than yours so maybe that comes into play and maybe we will pay when they are older, BUT I was not impressed. I thought the waterpark that my kids go in Jersey was just as good as the ones in Disney! Plus they have more for the younger kids.

We weren't impressed, and we LOVE DIsney and all it has to offer. My vote is to skip it!

The water parks are worth every penny. Disney's water parks are just as good as the other parks. Very clean with plenty of shade during the hot summer. Being there 7-8 days, we'd do both water parks for sure.

I am trying to decide if we should purchase the water park package for our trip. We will be staying at the Beach club for either 7 or 8 days. It costs about $250 for us to add the water package, I know it comes with other things to but we would only use the water parks. It seems that the beach club has an outstanding water area so I am not sure if we need to spend the extra money. We have children 12 and 14 and this will be their one and only trip to Disney World on us. We live in an area that has big water parks. My kids have also been to Disneyland four times. Thank you for your opinions.

You won't be missing out. BC has a great pool venue!!

If you do decide to do a water park, I'd sugest that you:
Get there at opening.
Rent your towels.
Rent a locker. (showers are very clean)
Stay only 1/2 day.
Water parks, like other parks get really crowded in the afternoons.

If you are only planning to have one water park or Disney Quest day you are much better off purchasing separate tickets.

If you add the Water Parks Fun and More option to your MYW ticket it will cost $58.58 (including tax) per person, adult or child. It will add one WPF&M entry per day on the base or hopper ticket (but two entries on a one day ticket).

If you purchase one day water park tickets they cost $52.19 adult and $43.67 child. (Disney Quest are $45.80/$39.41) If you are an Annual Passholder or DVC Member you can purchase one day water park tickets at an approximate 10% discount.

This upgrade may be done at any Park (including water parks or TTC) ticket booth or Guest Relations Office. If it is on your room key it can also be done at the Resort Lobby Concierge.

(Note each person must have their own ticket. Even though it adds multiple entries to your ticket, you can only use one ticket for one person.)

Also, if you are planning to do three or more water park visits within a year there is a definite price advantage to purchase Water Park Annual Passes.

We have two unusual policies at the water parks concerning ticketing. Both involve use of a one day water park ticket.

One is we will allow full value of the used WP ticket to upgrade to a WP AP as long as it is within 14 days of use.

The other, which is the only time combining tickets is allowed, is we will merge a used WP one day ticket with a MYW ticket to add the WPF&M option and only charge the difference in price.

Let me verify what I think you told me. If we want to use a water park instead of one of our park hopper days we can use that amount to go towards our water park ticket. It sounds like the water park ticket might be more so we would just make up the difference? If this is correct than that is what we will do because we have options once there. Thank you so much

Let me verify what I think you told me. If we want to use a water park instead of one of our park hopper days we can use that amount to go towards our water park ticket. It sounds like the water park ticket might be more so we would just make up the difference? If this is correct than that is what we will do because we have options once there. Thank you so much

No. The park days on a MYW hopper ticket cannot be used towards a waterpark admission. If you purchase a one day waterpark ticket, and later decide to do a second day at a waterpark, it's cheaper to upgrade to the WPR&M option rather than purchase a second one day waterpark admission. You can apply the used one day waterpark admission to the cost of the WPF&M option and only pay the difference.

We are also staying at beach club and I'm on the fence about adding WPF&M too. I think I'm going to wait until we get to WDW and see how the weather is and try out SAB before deciding. :thumbsup2

No, you cannot use a regular Park day toward a water park entry.

If you purchase a separate water park (or DQ) ticket and decide that you want more than one "fun" visit you can apply the cost of the one-day ticket (plus cash or equal) to upgrade your MYW ticket to include the WPF&M option.

Let me ask this one: Assuming a 7-8 day stay & not sure on how many days you want to do the parks & how many (if any) you want to do in the Water Park, does it make sense to purchase a shorter ticket - say 5-6 days - and upgrade later to either more park days or the WPFM option???

Yes. If you go to the locked sticky Everything About WDW Tickets in this Forum, especially Post #6, you can get a lot more information. An easy way to get to the sticky is by clicking on the link in my signature. The ticket sticky is your friend!

We didn't miss the waterparks on our last trip and don't plan on them this trip either. But we aren't really waterpark people so....

Yes. If you go to the locked sticky Everything About WDW Tickets in this Forum, especially Post #6, you can get a lot more information. An easy way to get to the sticky is by clicking on the link in my signature. The ticket sticky is your friend!

Thanks - was actually kind of a suggestion as much as it was a question ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter