Tis the Season for Shipping Frustration

I ordered something from ThinkGeek, with free shipping, back at the end of November. It has been at some UPS spot in California since Dec 7th.

Not the site's fault. This is all on UPS (smartpost innovations, or whatever it's called).

If it's not there to DD by Wednesday, I'm contacting Think Geek. I truly think 11 days in some depot is enough.

Other than that, the last of my shipping from Amazon should be here by Wednesday, and I think DH will get the stuff from Casual Male no later than the 24th (but it's not a big deal if it's late----it's work shirts, not a gift. Just had an awesome sale + free shipping +$$ off).

I ordered 2 calendars from Shutterfly the day after Thanksgiving. I ordered one in the morning and one later in the evening. The first one arrived last Monday. The second has yet to make it here. As luck would have it, that one is a gift for my niece who was in town until today! I guess I am going to have to send it with my brother when he goes to visit her in a few weeks. No way am I shipping it again. That is, if I ever get it.

Oh, and when I try to track it, it says it doesn't have any information, or something like that. I would be worried but the first one I ordered said the same thing.

Think geek.com is the worst. Nothing has ever come in correctly ever. I refuse to order from them ever again.

I have never had an issue with Think Geek. All my orders have come in a timely fashion and the orders are always correct. And I (and my friends) have ordered way too much from them over the years.

I've got 4 pkgs somewhere in limbo.
Two of the pkgs are from Amazon that were supposed to be here 4 days ago with Amazon Prime. I know things are slower than usual this time of year, but the prime membership is $99/year so would expect better service from them!

I have been getting Prime shipments in a MAX of 2 days. I have had a few come next day (talk about a surprise). I would call Amazon and ask about it since that, in my experience, is quite rare.

I ordered a Roku through Amazon yesterday. Shipped last night, and should be here tomorrow (guessing it is shipping from Seattle, about 2 1/2 hours away).

Love Amazon!! My Diamond Candles order has not shipped yet (that I know of) that I ordered on Saturday, but my Champs, Sports Authority, and Lids orders all have shipped. Should be getting a lot in terms of packages this week.

I sent Amazon an email about my late purchases. They added a month to my Prime Membership. They also said they could not find one of the items by tracking so will get a replacement out immediately.

My Shutterfly pkgs were 5 days late but finally arrived. At this point, I would buy local if there is anything I absolutely wanted in time for Christmas.

I have had really good luck this year. All amazon stuff has been delivered well (although I did have one item show up open... luckily DH realized it was his present and didn't look)

My best through was the LL bean coat I ordered on Friday at 11:00 (store we were at didn't have my size) and it arrived at my house on Monday at 12:00.

I've got 4 pkgs somewhere in limbo.
Two of the pkgs are from Amazon that were supposed to be here 4 days ago with Amazon Prime. I know things are slower than usual this time of year, but the prime membership is $99/year so would expect better service from them!

Supposedly you can get a partial refund of prime cost if it takes more than 4 days to ship.

I ordered 2 calendars from Shutterfly the day after Thanksgiving. I ordered one in the morning and one later in the evening. The first one arrived last Monday. The second has yet to make it here. As luck would have it, that one is a gift for my niece who was in town until today! I guess I am going to have to send it with my brother when he goes to visit her in a few weeks. No way am I shipping it again. That is, if I ever get it.

Oh, and when I try to track it, it says it doesn't have any information, or something like that. I would be worried but the first one I ordered said the same thing.

My husband informed me that the calendar arrived today. Too bad my niece flew back home today. :headache:

Not a Christmas gift and not really a shipping/tracking issue, but I had to reorder some medication and I've been waiting all day for Fed-Ex because I'm supposed to sign for it. I was upstairs, but heard the truck stop and was on my way down to the door...

I watched the guy come halfway up the driveway and toss the box Frisbee-style toward the door. He didn't even wait to see where it landed before he was back in the truck and speeding off down the road :rolleyes:

I have never had an issue with Think Geek. All my orders have come in a timely fashion and the orders are always correct. And I (and my friends) have ordered way too much from them over the years.

I have been getting Prime shipments in a MAX of 2 days. I have had a few come next day (talk about a surprise). I would call Amazon and ask about it since that, in my experience, is quite rare.

I've ordered a lot off amazon this season and nothing has been late, I actually got a package today that I ordered Saturday morning.

My only shipping frustration is stressing if everything is going to be delivered before my kids get home from school. :scared:

We are now in the shipping turmoil. Placed an order with Macy's on Dec 9, with items to ship by the 11th. As of 5 minutes ago, items have not left the warehouse. Macy's has no valid reason for the delay and refuses to cancel the order.

To add insult, an order I placed the next day to be sent to family members, is out on the truck for delivery today. Most of the items were the same in both orders. After twice having my call dropped by the call center in some foreign land, the Ohio call center could neither expedite the order or cancel it. So not only can't Macy's get my order to me, they refuse to cancel it claiming the system won't allow it. Last order from Macy's in this house!

I went to my local Post Office to mail 2 packages that I had already printed postage for. I thought they would move faster if I dropped them inside the post office. It was at 8:15 in the morning and the line was already 20 people deep! I am so glad I already had postage and just needed to drop them

In meantime, my $400 of Disney gift cards are still in limbo.

If sending packages through the post office this year and printing labels at home beware the individual post offices are being extremely nit picky lately so even if that package is .1 of an ounce off they will charge the person you shipped it to an inflated rate for lack of proper postage. That was my headache when I got 2 packages this last month like that. The first I just paid the second I weighed the package myself it was 7.1 oz and the person paid for 7 ounces because she weighed it before closing it with tape. It should have been like .12 cents different but they wanted like 90 cents from me. I called on it and complained and was told they wanted the 90 cents not 12 cents because I lost some mystereous discount for sending it with the correct postage. They literally put my mail on permanent hold till I paid them their money and the postmaster was a raging maniac. lol I have heard from others they are cracking down so be aware if printing your own labels.

I guess I've been lucky. Everything that I have ordered (which have been a lot from different places) has been speedy. The one package that hadn't shown up that I was waiting on was my oops! It was shipped to my mom's to avoid sales tax and I forgot.

My Mom ordered 2 Kinetic(sp) sand from TRus for her grand kids. Box comes today (UPS) The label on the outside was clearly cut off another shipping carton and taped on another box. Inside is 1 set of Kinetic sand parts (open in the box) and the colored box for the set is open in the carton and you can tell it was wet at one time and just tossed in the box. Also enclosed was a wrinkled packing slip that showed 2 Sand kits were in the box. My poor Mom spent an hour on the phone with TRus. they refunded one kit but no refund for the other until she ships the box back. Pretty sure this one is on UPS, they damaged it and tried to pass it off to the customer. Told Mom to dispute with her credit card if TRus does not make this right

you may want to contact shutterfly...I had the exact same thing happen. received 1 but never the 2nd calendar. Finally called on Friday...45 minute wait time(at least they will call you back)...they reordered and is shipping express and refunded cost of calendar.

I ordered a birthday gift for an acquaintance's son. I had inquired earlier about gift suggestions. She asked for clothes, no toys please. I ordered some cute PJs from Disney Store. I ordered on Black Friday. His birthday was December 13th. Around the 10th I grew anxious because Disney hadn't updated the status of the order for several days.

Luckily they received the gift on the 12th, 15 days after I ordered. Imagine my surprise when I received a thank you email for the Winnie the Pooh stuffed animal and PJs. Lol.

Three Disney orders placed on our near Black Friday and each one with some type of mistake.

Received a package from Shutterfly today and it was not one of the two open orders I have with them right now, instead it was 2 mugs with pictures of strangers on them!!

The label had my name an address and the order number on the box matched an order for a photo book I had made (and received) back in September. I live chatted with a rep and I'm still confused as to whether or not the mix up was at the Shutterfly distribution center or if someone sent me a gift of two mugs but switched up the shipping, ie did someone else get mugs with pics of my kids on them? Or is someone else receiving the calendars I have ordered but didn't receive yet? Who knows??

Also surprised me that they want the mugs back. Sent me a return label for them. Figured they'd just tell me to donate them.

DD14 lives in her Converse, so my brother ordered her 3 pairs for Christmas from Kohls - 1 white, 1 red, 1 blue. He received 1 shipment with just one pair of white ones. Then a second with another pair of white ones. Then a third shipment with one white, one red, one blue. How the heck are companies making money with these kinds of mis-shipments?? Kohls seems to be particularly messed up right now! I told him to contact Kohls and let them know about the extra shipments, so they can be returned - at Kohls cost. But I'm sure there are lots of people out there who aren't doing that. And if they had come straight to us, without my knowing exactly what was ordered, I could very well have thought he was just sending her a crazy number of shoes!

I ordered from Lia Sophia before they went out of business (nov. 29). My order is still awaiting fulfillment. I bought necklaces for both kid's teachers (school is over Friday), both of my EAs (again, need for Friday), plus my dd's dance teachers (needed for last Sunday). I am ridiculously mad!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter