Tips for BOG Breakfast

We went with the sandwiches. They were very good. They were a little lukewarm, as opposed to hot, but it allowed the yolk to firm up a bit and drastically cut down on the messiness of the dish.

Can't speak from experience on the Feast a la Gaston, but someone posted photos and it looked a lot worse than it sounds.

Order coffee and a cupcake. Get out quick and try to queue for 7DMT. Spend snack credits later if you're on DDP at Sleepy Hollow.
This is great advice. If you can snag an early pre-park ADR at BOG, see the restaurant, take a quick pic in the Library, and then get out quick to line up for 7DMT. If you can't get an early ADR and you are burning precious MK morning time in BOG, the open faced bacon & egg sammy looked incredible last Fall. Unfortunately, I went with the eggs florentine and not much flavour.

I'm of the opinion that BOG breakfast is only good as a PPO, and figure that if Disney have made the menu exploitable, so be it.

Give me a Sleepy Hollow waffle over everything at BOG breakfast, always. I've had enough defrosted pastries at church breakfasts. :teeth:

Order coffee and a cupcake. Get out quick and try to queue for 7DMT. Spend snack credits later if you're on DDP at Sleepy Hollow.

Would this strategy be frowned upon by a party of 5 (I mean 1 cupcake & 1 coffee total)?? Or should we order 1 item per person?? The prices are insane even for lunch, let alone breakfast!

LAX

Would this strategy be frowned upon by a party of 5 (I mean 1 cupcake & 1 coffee total)?? Or should we order 1 item per person?? The prices are insane even for lunch, let alone breakfast!

LAX
It's totally legal under the current menu and management.

la la la.

LAX

I so want to see their faces when you order one coffee and one cupcake to go for 5 people. That made me laugh.. And where is sleepy hollow? I ate at bog once and it was probably in my top 5 worst Disney experiences ever. And I've been to dl over 300 times in the last two years (I know because my daughters pass keeps track of days), and I can't even tell you how many times in my life overall. For a WDW experience first time it was bad. Couldn't even tell you about the food it was cold and congealing. We just won't go there.

And where is sleepy hollow?
Sleepy Hollow is on the edge of Liberty Square near Hall of Presidents with a nice view of the Castle. It's a bit tucked away so def ask any CM for directions in the park if you get turned around. It is a very small CS (counter service) with limited outdoor seating. However, the brkfst Nutella Fresh Fruit Waffle sammy is excellent. The line here can get out of hand at peak dining times. NB looks like they've dropped their savoury waffle sandwiches. Hoping they are planning to add a few more selections to their menu soon.

Well despite a few negative opinions on the place I think we'll still go if not for anything except for the experience. It's a 9:10 reservation and we have the DDP so good use for a QS credit I'm reading. Probably going to stray away from the feast a la gaston however! Thanks guys, these forums are awesome!

I just got an 8:10am ADR. Has anyone ever split breakfast here. We are not big breakfast eaters, but will have a quick bite with a cup of coffee to get to the back of the park early.

LAX

I don't like that as of right now Disney has made early access to the MK available by allowing an ADR to BOG where one can order as little as a Mickey Straw and a glass of tap water and then head out and over to 7DMT. But it is what it is until Disney introduces a Prix Fixe menu (if ever). So with that feel free without any guilt or concerns and enjoy as much or as little as you want at BOG and enjoy your early entry into the park. :goodvibes

I just got an 8:10am ADR. Has anyone ever split breakfast here. We are not big breakfast eaters, but will have a quick bite with a cup of coffee to get to the back of the park early.
You can order a Mickey Straw for a party of 8 and it's okay.

I accept that I am overpaying for any food item in MK. With that said, BOG is not worth it unless you need to ride 7DMT without FP and can get PPO ADR. I did it for first time a couple of weeks ago and our food was served to the table next to us who ate it! Then they got what they ordered and we got lukewarm at best food with poached eggs that had solid yolks. By this time it had been 30 minutes since we were seated and about 8:45 so time to get to mine train and no time to track someone down and complain. Very bad first experience. And now that we've done mine train, no reason to worry about how to get a ride on that again. It was cute but so not worth the hassle.

I accept that I am overpaying for any food item in MK. With that said, BOG is not worth it unless you need to ride 7DMT without FP and can get PPO ADR. I did it for first time a couple of weeks ago and our food was served to the table next to us who ate it! Then they got what they ordered and we got lukewarm at best food with poached eggs that had solid yolks. By this time it had been 30 minutes since we were seated and about 8:45 so time to get to mine train and no time to track someone down and complain. Very bad first experience. And now that we've done mine train, no reason to worry about how to get a ride on that again. It was cute but so not worth the hassle.

Both BoG and 7DMT had such huge potential. Neither live up to the hype, IMO.

Both BoG and 7DMT had such huge potential. Neither live up to the hype, IMO.

And that there about sums it up for me as well. I like the look and theme of BOG, but the food overall underwhelms me. As for 7DMT, it's not even a must do attraction for me.

Get a table in the West Wing! We really enjoyed the ambiance in there and some of the families with smaller children seem to shy away from it due to the thunder and lightening effects...

I split the open faced egg sandwich with DD (18). One beverage comes with the meal and I also ordered an extra coffee. Between the sandwich, small bowl of fruit, and pastry plate it was more than enough food for breakfast for 2 IMO.

Get a table in the West Wing! We really enjoyed the ambiance in there and some of the families with smaller children seem to shy away from it due to the thunder and lightening effects...

Imo all the rooms are too loud. Probably why I didn't like it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter