~Tips, facts and helpful hints to survive Blizzard Beach....

joenan88

DIS Veteran
I have no idea what to expect at Blizzard Beach next week...I would love any tips..what to bring?, where to eat?..etc...HELP!!!

We try to bring as little as possible and throw it all in a locker.

They have little foot sprays all along the walkways so it doesn't get too hot.

We love the water parks and have been several times
Here is what we do:
Arrive early to get a good spot, either by the wave pool or in the shade, whatever you prefer

We bring a cooler with drinks, sandwiches and some snacks so we don't waste time in line purchasing and then eating our lunch, we just eat it quickly on the beach chairs.

We put all valuables in a locker but leave our towels and cooler with the chairs, never had anyone mess with anything

We wear our swimsuits but sometimes bring dry clothes to change into before going back to the hotel

Wear lots of sunscreen, there is lots of pavement at BB that reflects the sunlight, we also wear sunglasses with a strap so we don't lose them in the water

Good luck and have a great time

There are a few places to eat, and I'd say average for Disney CS.

You should also bring water shoes (aquasocks). They may look a little dorky, but this way you don't have to worry about getting your feet burnt (or stepping on a rock), and you can wear them in the pool and on the rides (on Summit Plummit they make you take them off and hold them while you go down the slide, but no problem having them with you).

Blizzard Beach does not have much shade, so be careful about sunscreening every few hours.

We bring a cooler with drinks, sandwiches and some snacks so we don't waste time in line purchasing and then eating our lunch, we just eat it quickly on the beach chairs.

So, it's okay to take a cooler into BB? I was wondering this. I hate the food there and always end up eating a kids meal. But if we can take a small cooler, that would be great.

There are a few places to eat, and I'd say average for Disney CS.

You should also bring water shoes (aquasocks). They may look a little dorky, but this way you don't have to worry about getting your feet burnt (or stepping on a rock), and you can wear them in the pool and on the rides (on Summit Plummit they make you take them off and hold them while you go down the slide, but no problem having them with you).

Blizzard Beach does not have much shade, so be careful about sunscreening every few hours.

+++ on this one. Aqua socks are an absolute must. Your feet will most certainly thank you.

put your sunscreen on before you get there:). Everyone will be too excited to get in the water and it'll have a chance to really absorb into your skin.

Do they have towels there? We don't have to bring them, right? If they do have them there, do you have to wait in a line and sign them out, or do they just have them in a pile for you to grab?

I think they charge a couple of bucks to rent a towel at the water parks.

We just got pool towels from our resort and brought them with us to use at the water parks.

So, it's okay to take a cooler into BB? I was wondering this. I hate the food there and always end up eating a kids meal. But if we can take a small cooler, that would be great.

Yes - if i remember right it can't have wheels (that may just be the theme parks, but I think BB too) and you can't bring anything in glass containers.

One item we like to bring is one of those watertight plastic containers that you can use as a wallet. We put our room card keys and a few dollars in there so we don't need to go back to the locker when we buy lunch or snacks.

They sell them at the shop at BB (which is where I got mine) but I have heard you can get them cheaper at the stores before you go.

You will have a blast there! I can't wait, we are going there on our next trip as well. :banana::banana::banana:

expect a lot of fun !!!
In addition to all of the above posts, I always bring a tiny ziplock bag to put my credit card, money and phone. I simply put it in my bra.
Lockers are around $7 (the best I remember), there are 2 sizes, for 3 people we were getting smaller size, it was big enough for 2 hadbags, plastic bag with change of clothes and clothes we took off. When you bring the locker key back, they will give you I think $2 back. I really not sure about prices but they are in a right range.
Get sunscreen. Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I believe towels rental is $2 each.

My best tip is...eat some of the mini-donuts. :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter