Tipping

mmschwaba

Earning My Ears
I'm trying to figure out who i need to tip. So far I have the
officiant
violinist
limo driver
and that's it. Am i missing anyone. I read that a letter of appreciation should be given to the event and sales manager. I haven't even talked to them. Are they just for custom weddings? Ours is a intimate wedding. If i'm missing anyone please let me know. thanks

Hi! Your event manager is your coordinator, so hopefully you have spoken to her! We sent our EM a gift basket, but some people do send a card of thanks. They can't take cash, but they can take gift certificates or gifts.
We tipped the officiant, violinist, organist, limo driver, steamer (Carolyn Allen's), and Cosmetology for our premium intimate wedding. If you aren't going with the premium intimate package, you won't have an organist. And if you aren't having your gown steamed, or having your hair/makeup done, you can cross off those tips, too.
In addition, we of course tipped the towncar driver for our airport transfers, the bell staff, and Mousekeeping.
My brother, who was the best man, also tipped our cake server, because they really liked him.
Cheers!
Heather W

Hi! You don't have to tip outside vendors who own their own business, so we had Randy Chapman & Stan of STVS for our photo & video, and we didn't tip them. It's usually customary if they are in the service industry and don't own their own business, b/c their pay is pretty minimal then.
Cheers!
Heather W

Thanks Heather
I think we're having both those vendors so that's good to know :)

My suggestion....elect someone to be in charge of tips...prepare them ahead of time put them in thank you cards and label them as best as you can...server, violinist, driver..etc.. I'm not so sure about tipping the officiant since he is already getting paid by Disney...Reverend Day was gone after out toast because he was scheduled so tightly that day...we didn't realize that he was gone. The photographer just hijacked us and by time he was done with us...everyone else had left before we had a chance to tip anybody...any evidence of a wedding being held there.. Sunset Point... was gone...I felt so bad. We did however tip the limo driver , the make-up hair person, and EVERYONE else for the rest of the honeymoon....I was just so guilt ridden the cabin attendant for our cruise was refusing tips from us after a day...lol.

Have fun! Enjoy your day!

Our officiant is getting paid by us not by Disney, we're Custom, so we're gonna tip him as we're pretty sure he's gonna come up with some great ceremony ideas.

Hi! It doesn't matter whether you are having an intimate or custom wedding - it is still customary to tip the officiant. No matter who actually cuts the check for him, he still usually gets tipped, so you are exactly right, Fantasia Sam!
Cheers!
Heather W

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter