Tipping for Resort Room Service

disneyworldtraveler

Disney Traveler
Haven't seen anything on tipping for room service. What is the usual amount per day that should be left in the room for the service provided? Does this amount vary from resort to resort?

Usually an 18% tip is already included in the bill you sign, as well as a separate room service charge. Of course, you are free to tip more, but remember that 18% is already tipped to the server.

I always forget that's it's already included so I usually add on a few extra bucks.

Is the OP asking about housekeeping or room service delivery (food)?

It seems like this is a housekeeping question. That is up to your discretion. Some folks leave a couple dollars a day or at nicer hotels maybe $5 a day. Some folks don't leave anything. If I call down for something like extra pillows or something, I give them a few dollars when they come deliver it.

For housekeeping we generally tip $2 per person per day, leaving it with a thank you note each day. I make little handmade cards and envelopes with different pictures, etc. each day. The reason for that is because you may not have the same housekeeper each day and it would be awful if on the last day the person got a huge tip and only cleaned our room once. :sad2:

We used room service (food delivery to our room) last week and as a pp said the 18% tip and an additional $3 delivery charge is automatically added to the bill.

If you mean housekeeping we leave $3 per day. We're a family of three.

I had room service my last trip and gave the girl $5, despite knowing they add a service fee. I believe that fee is pooled and divided between all of the workers, whereas the individual tips they keep. My server was VERY appreciative of the $5 I gave her!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter