• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tinkerbell sends Lauren to Disney-MAW/GKTW July 2010 TRIP

Laurensmom2004

Earning My Ears
Ok! It's time to get this TR started!! I am still resizing pics in photobucket (which I hate) and I'll add those in as I go.

Little recap-I'm Jeannie-my dh is David-Jordan is our 15 year old daughter-and Lauren is our 6 year old Wish Kiddo :)

Lauren was born with Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome. She's had numerous surgeries/procedures/tests/etc. We've had some very scary times and some very big miracles throughout the last 6 years. She is quite simply the bravest and sweetest soul I'll ever know. She has more than earned this trip!

I've already wrote about the Make a Wish granting party...you can read it on my PTR. It was fabulous and more than I could've hoped for. We had the party on July 5th and left for Disney on the 10th.

David and I got up early that morning. Everything was packed and ready to go; we just needed to run to Little Rock and pick up the rental car. We have a little Honda Accord that while is a wonderful car-is a little on the small side for such a long trip--15 hours according to Mapquest. My mom came over and stayed with the girls while they slept. Picking up the car was a trip in itself. We had never rented a car before, and we're not fliers so the airport is foreign to us as well. Many signs and many people asked later-we found the 'aisle' to pick up our car. The lady said we had either a Dodge Journey or a Mitsubishi Endeavor reserved for us....ok what? I've never heard of either, and um, I run the office for our family paint and body shop and wrecker service lol. David was waiting in the car...ugh ok I'll go with the Mistubishi. Of the two-that turned out to be the best choice. It was smaller than we were hoping for but it was fairly new. I drove it home and David followed in the car. I was pleasantly surprised at how nice it drove.

So we pull up and the kids come out ready to go. We get it loaded and tell Nana and Papa bye and we take off!

Next: Your daughter just argued with Magellan and lost and who knew it was monsoon season in Alabama!!!!

Yeah! Another "fix" for me! I can't wait to hear and see all about it!

Lynn

Yeah!!! Another TR!

But how did I miss that you DROVE?!?!?! From Little Rock?! :faint:

I made that drive a bunch of times as a child - I don't envy you at all! :eek:

Hi Jeannie! Waiting so hear all about Lauren's magical time!
Hugs
Wanda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter