• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Time to take boat from MK to Wilderness Lodge

emsstacey

Mouseketeer
We have a 7:05 adr at wcc on a MNSHP night. What time should we plan on being in line for the boat?

Thanks!

We have a 7:05 adr at wcc on a MNSHP night. What time should we plan on being in line for the boat?

Thanks!

The TRIP is about 12-16 minutes.
But, you will have to wait for a boat to arrive, then board.

Be at the boat dock by at least 6:10.
Like everything at WDW its better to be far too early, than be one minute too late.

MK-Gates-RopeDrop_022113_zpsaedccbfb.jpg

MK-Area-2Lakes-5Resorts.jpg

Last edited:
Agree with being there by 6:10. We were in almost your same situation on a party night, and the line for the boat was horrendously long. It took forever to get over to WL.

The best option if it was available would be to walk. Unfortunately Disney has not installed walking paths between Wilderness Lodge and Magic Kingdom.

I have friends staying at BLT and they are eating at WCC this week. I told them to walk to MK and get the boat to WL. Should I tell them someghing different?

Thanks.

I have friends staying at BLT and they are eating at WCC this week. I told them to walk to MK and get the boat to WL. Should I tell them someghing different?

Thanks.
Yes -- you should tell them to just get the boat out back of CR by the pool. No need to walk to MK.

Thanks!

Keep in mind Disney suggests you arrive 10 minutes prior to your ADR time. They also suggest you allow 90 minutes to make it to an ADR using their transportation. Usually that is more than enough time, but as Robo has pointed out, it is better to be early than late. There is not set grace period and if you are late there is a chance you won't be seated. Be early if you can.

Yes -- you should tell them to just get the boat out back of CR by the pool. No need to walk to MK.

Oh they can get the boat in the back area of Contemporary? I did not know that. Thank you soooo much! I will text them tomorrow. THANKS!!

The best option if it was available would be to walk. Unfortunately Disney has not installed walking paths between Wilderness Lodge and Magic Kingdom.

Wow, is WL really that close? I wish there was a path, it'd be a fun to do once :)

Yes! The bus is a super short trip with no stops. Certainly not as scenic, but very quick. Be prepared to wait for a bus as well.

If you weren't on a schedule which would you prefer from WL? We've only done buses at CBR and my childhood Disney trips were so long ago (late 90s lol) I feel like they don't count :teeth:

Actually, we always take the bus to the MK and the boat back to the resort. It's too exciting in the morning and the kids want to get to MK fast. But, the boat ride back is so leisurely and beautiful. And then, of course, we walk past the pool on the way back and we all get excited to jump and and cool off. We always do mid day breaks though. Love the fast bus ride first thing in the morning. WL is my absolute favorite resort. I hope you have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter