Time between Lunch and Dinner

IrisSphere

Mouseketeer
Hi All,

Really curious about various opinions on how much time to leave between lunch and dinner. Here is the specific scenario:
  • Lunch - Via Napoli at 11:30 (likely sharing a pizza and an app)
  • Dinner - Les Chefs at 5:00pm to catch Remy

Do you think these are too close together? We are two adults in our late twenties, going to Disney for the first time (so I have no frame of reference). At home, i eat small meals at short intervals throughout the day, but my hubby can go a while without eating anything (i know, a match made in heaven :rolleyes:)

I am tempted to push the dinner reservation to a later time, but debating how "worth it" the encounter is with Remy (especially since it's not always guaranteed too).

Thanks!

Are you planning to spend the day at Epcot? If not, I would push dinner back so that you had time to go to another park in between the two. When I'm at WDW, I usually eat breakfast early, have a snack around 1 or 2 and then eat dinner around 5 or so. If you don't eat too much at lunch, you should be ready for dinner at 5 pm.

Thanks for the reply! Yes, I should've mentioned we will be at Epcot for the whole day.

Are you on the DDP or planning to use a DDP credit at VN? Just note that they do not allow sharing (one pizza for two people using 1 DDP credit).

Personally, I think your meals a little close together, but if you eat pretty light at VN (maybe only the pizza and skip the app) and then do a lot of walking before dinner you might be okay.

The only other thing I'd note is that Remy comes out at 5:20 pm. He makes one circuit of Les Chefs and doesn't go back to tables that were empty, being seated, etc. So, just in case Les Chefs is running behind schedule, I would make every effort to show up the 15 minutes before the ADR time that they recommend so as to be seated before he starts his rounds.

Thanks for the point about the credits - although we are on the DDP we are over on our credits, so VN would be the perfect place to pay out of pocket and share a pizza.

If we need to show up at 4:45, this might be a bit early... Decisions decisions.

I actually have an ADR for Coral Reef at 11:30am and then dinner at Teppan Edo at 3:30. I really wanted to experience these two restaurants and we are going to mvmcp that night and want to be in MK by 6 at the latest, so these were the best I could get. For me, its more about experiencing the restaurant than the actual food. lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter