• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Timandlesley’s how to win a dream in 10 days 11/15 NEW PTR UP!! pg. 94 has link!!!

you are having quite the year aren't you? So sorry to hear about your student. I also visited and read her mom's blog. made me cry. Sounded like you were a huge part of their lives. she was lucky to have you. So sorry again:hug:

you are having quite the year aren't you? So sorry to hear about your student. I also visited and read her mom's blog. made me cry. Sounded like you were a huge part of their lives. she was lucky to have you. So sorry again:hug:
Yes, I am, her mom's blog is beautiful isn't it. They did update it with what I read at her service, it's on there now.
Lesley

Glad to hear Mickey is doing well. So sorry to hear about your student, I also visited the link ... what a beautiful story about a precious little girl.
Yes, Mickey is back and better than ever (and into all kinds of puppy trouble ; ) Thanks for your post about Elli, it definitely has been a horrible loss.
First off, congrats on the good report for your dear little Mickey. :thumbsup2

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, and that family's loss. Thanks for the link to that blog. You can tell that they are a family that love each other and love God, and it was uplifting to me to read the mother's blog. Maybe that can bring peace to them to know that their words positively impacted others. I thought of you last night, and was sending you strength. :goodvibes I can't imagine the pain that those parents are going through.

Thanks again Lesley for sending us to that blog, it helped more than you will ever know. :hug:
Glad you enjoyed her blog - it is very touching and sure made us hug Luke and Lauren closer after all of it
Lesley

I have never lost a student, I can't imagine how it would feel, we spend so much time with them and become so attached. The poor family must be in shock by such a sudden occurance. I'm sure whatever you said tonight was perfect and just what the family needed. Just remember that your dis friends are thinking of you and that it's OK to cry......
This was my first time losing a student too, I hope it is my last.
My speech is posted on the blog, it's entitled "a big hole at school"- it sure was hard to get through
Lesley

Oh, Lesley. I'm so sorry. I read the page you linked and tears seriously came to my eyes. It's so horrible. Thoughts and prayers are coming from me for your family and theirs.
Thank you for the prayers

How wonderful that they were able to celebrate their faith and consider it a blessing to release their daughter to her Heavenly Father. I am praying for them and for you, also, Lesley. I know she will be missed.:angel:
Yes, her life is to be celebrated, thanks for the prayers.
:sad1:

:sad1: :sad1: :sad1: omg, that is so very sad, Lesley, it makes lifes
problems which we all experience seem like nothing. Can't even imagine
how horrific the loss of a child must be. Surely Ellie is surrounded by
the angels now and for eternity. God bless her family, I will surely add
them to my prayers.:hug:
It is true, just when you think your life is going poorly you see situations like that and it puts you in perspective, thanks for the prayers.
That is so sad! :( I am just in tears. I will be praying for her family. I just couldn't imagine.
It was/is very difficult, thanks for the prayers.

Lesley,
Thanks for posting about Elli. I will be praying for you and for the family, I cannot imagine the pain they are in. What a blessing it was to read her story though. Take comfort in knowing she will suffer no more. :hug:

Tammy
The story is amazing, her family is amazing!

I am so happy about Mickey doing better...

I am so sorry for the loss of your student. I read her mom's blog and what a special family they sound like. How very sad...
going to hug all my children now...
Angela
Thanks , yes, he is doing great. We hugged our children after everything that went on too, makes you realize any moment could be your last and to cherish every single moment.

Lesley - I just had to reply and tell you, first, how sorry I am for how this child's death has impacted you. It's got to be so hard working with little ones so sick.

I also wanted to tell you about a strange "coincidence". I read about this child's death already on the blog of another acquaintance, whose daughter died October 1 while in the pediatric center of Duke Hospital in NC. This family, the Lockyers, posted about Elli on their web page for their daughter, Grace, who had a heart condition and died at nearly 7 months old. What a small world - and neat that these families, who are hurting so much, allow others to share their stories with the rest of us. Your student's family gave Amanda permission to reprint on Gracie's page the post you linked. I'm not sure how they know each other, but I'm amazed by the fact that I've now heard about this from two completely different sources. Guess it's a good indication I should be praying for this family since God keeps bringing it around to my attention.

Anyways, I'm sure you'll find the strength to speak tonight, but I imagine it will be very hard. Keep in mind that just being there will mean so much to them, so even if you feel you "mess up", you will bless that family tremendously and they'll think your words are just right. You're going above and beyond being Elli's teacher - you're being her family's friend in a very sad time. Blessings to you. :hug:
That is a strange coinsidence, yes God is amazing how he brings things to our attention isn't he.
Lesley
Lesley I will be praying for you and the family. I cannot imagine losing a student. Glad to hear Mickey is doing great!
Thank you Laura.
Lesley--

Thanks for taking the time to share with us about what you are going through and about Elli---what a tragic but beautiful story and testament of a loving family who have found goodness and God in all things--no matter how brutal. I hope you know that I will be thinking of you and praying for you and this family as you struggle through this. I lost two students in tragic accidents---one in a car accident, and one in a plane crash---and it is a devastation and loss that is so hard to explain and understand until you have gone through it. I know the pain and hurt you feel is great---we are here if you need anything!!! Jen
Thank you for the prayers. So sorry for your losses as well, how tragic.

Thank you for posting the link to Elli's moms blog. Her mothers testimony of God and his goodness are amazing. She truly believes and knows that her daughter is with the Lord. I know that he is with her and her family in their time of need. They will be together again. I pray that you find comfort and that you will know what you need to say.:angel:
I am glad you enjoyed her blog, it is still a blessing to me.

I am so sorry, Lesley! Elli's family and you are in my prayers! :hug:
Thank you for your post and prayers.

Hi guys,we're gearin' up to start our big mother of all pre trip reports! We get to book the second portion of our 16 day!!!! trip in a few days so when that is booked it will be starting. I AM THRILLED! Also, I have a surprise trip announcement to make too, so stay tuned.;)
Right now we're voting on Pre TR names as a family, nothing to great yet so looking for advice. Gotta have "timandlesley" in the title, we'll be going for SIXTEEN DAYS!:cool1: Would like to have that in there somewhere too. It will be our first DVC trip- -- any creative ideas???:confused3 You all know us and our family dynamic by now, open to anything that "suits us. :woohoo: Looking forward to your and feedback and suggestions. . . .popcorn::

Lesley

Well Hi there Lesley, its been a while!!
Hope things are going smoother these days
and surely you are still very sad about your
student but knowing she is in a better place
is comforting.:hug:
So, any updates for the june trip?? Wow, how
about the great deal for 2009 the buy 7days and
get 3 free!! I would think many folks will be taking
advantage of the deal!! Hope to hear more of your
plans soon!! Hows MICKEY??:)

Can't wait for the Pre TR!!

How about "Our first DVC TimandLesley 16 Day Trip"? Not that creative but says it all.

How is the family?

HI Lesley,

I've been meaning to get on here and "fill you in" your other Ohio friends already know... We found out a several weeks ago, that I am expecting twins and the WHOLE thing was a shock as it wasn't planned... I have had a really hard time dealing with it and taking it all in... However, after I read your beautiful reading for Ellie and the Moms blog it put everything in perspective for me... It really hit home with how you never know how long your time is here etc and how every life is a gift... I was crying so hard when I read all that, it just helped me so much to stop feeling so selfish and except this gift that has come my way....

I look forward to reading along as always with your lovely family in this new wonderful journey you are getting to take.. can't wait...

Annette

"Discovering the Disney Vacation Club timandlesley style--A PTR, 16 days at 'home' "

I'm not sure if that will all fit in the title box but it's worth a shot. Not too creative anyway. Can't wait for the fun to start!!!!!!!

Well Hi there Lesley, its been a while!!
Hope things are going smoother these days
and surely you are still very sad about your
student but knowing she is in a better place
is comforting.:hug:
So, any updates for the june trip?? Wow, how
about the great deal for 2009 the buy 7days and
get 3 free!! I would think many folks will be taking
advantage of the deal!! Hope to hear more of your
plans soon!! Hows MICKEY??:)
It has been, too long, I was suffering from Dis withdrawl, but I started the PTR:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2010967
Family is great and Mickey is back to normal so it's awesome. Couldn't believe the 7 for 4 deal whenwe own DVC now and won't take advantage, figures! : )

Can't wait for the Pre TR!!

How about "Our first DVC TimandLesley 16 Day Trip"? Not that creative but says it all.

How is the family?
It's up, come on over and check it out:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2010967
Family is great, thanks for asking!

HI Lesley,

I've been meaning to get on here and "fill you in" your other Ohio friends already know... We found out a several weeks ago, that I am expecting twins and the WHOLE thing was a shock as it wasn't planned... I have had a really hard time dealing with it and taking it all in... However, after I read your beautiful reading for Ellie and the Moms blog it put everything in perspective for me... It really hit home with how you never know how long your time is here etc and how every life is a gift... I was crying so hard when I read all that, it just helped me so much to stop feeling so selfish and except this gift that has come my way....

I look forward to reading along as always with your lovely family in this new wonderful journey you are getting to take.. can't wait...

Annette
Annette, OH MY GOSH!!! I can't imagine, I am sure it was a shock to say the least. Glad Elli's page was able to allow you to see a blessing in it. Keep me updated. When are you due? I put the new PTR up:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2010967
"Discovering the Disney Vacation Club timandlesley style--A PTR, 16 days at 'home' "

I'm not sure if that will all fit in the title box but it's worth a shot. Not too creative anyway. Can't wait for the fun to start!!!!!!!
I love it, and used it, check it out!!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2010967
thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter