• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Timandlesley’s how to win a dream in 10 days 11/15 NEW PTR UP!! pg. 94 has link!!!

timandlesley

<font color=darkorchid>The tag fairy may not but t
Hello Diser’s.
We are the “timandlesley” crew and we just returned YESTERDAY from a 10 day/9 night stay at the Wilderness Lodge (Woodsview room) with 10 day hopper passes and DELUXE DINING (Yum Yum and double Yum)
We had a LONG pre-trip report going that you can find here:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1588381
But it got up to 117 plus pages and I was afraid it would be shut down so I am starting this brand new.
So……………. are we ready for this trip report to begin??? I just couldn’t wait another minute and wanted to start tonight.
So…………. away we go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We had a 6:25 a.m. flight from Columbus and we live closer to Cincinnati so we decided to stay the night in a hotel by the airport.
So on June 8th our Disney adventure officially began, bags were packed and we headed up to Columbus around 1pm to check into the hotel. It was GREAT having that day to relax and gave us an extra jump on the vacation.
I had to laugh, Tim was taking a while upstairs before we left and as he was upstairs and the kids and I were waiting on him Lauren (our 4 year old princess) went to the stairs and said “ Daddy….. are you FEAKIN’ HECK READY!?!?!” Too funny!
Once at the hotel we were told the only shuttle they could put us on (due to pilots on other shuttles) to the airport was at 4:30 a.m. YIKES!!!
So……. the alarm went off at 4 a.m. on June 9th:

DSC00552Small.jpg

We got to the airport no problem and whizzed through security, gotta love no lines in security!!!
Tim needed his coffee and we were all starving so luckily there was a Starbucks open.
Here is Tim waiting in line for us:
DSC00556Small.jpg

A happy Lauren dancing at 5 a.m. in a Starbucks because we were going to DISNEY BABY!!!
DSC00555Small.jpg

After our bellies were full of coffee, juice, fruit, and bagels we headed to the Southwest gate. It was our first time flying Southwest but we got on exactly 24 hours before and got the “A” boarding section. (Southwest doesn’t assign seats, you get a place in line, either in the A, B, or C boarding group, it was interesting but worked out fine for us.)
I was so excited, but exhausted at the same time;
DSC00562Small.jpg

The plane had rows of 3 so I sat with the kids and Tim was across the isle from me. The kids were great on the plane except for Luke had some trouble with ears popping.
Here are my two babies on the plane ride:
DSC00564Small.jpg

Tim was seated next to two girls who had just graduated high school and were meeting up with friends to stay at the Beach Club. They were super nice and Tim had some good laughs with them. When we landed I was in the bathroom with the kids and they spotted me and asked if we knew how to get to Magical Express, of course I said “sure follow us”. They joked about how they were now new additions to our family.
Here they are when we got to the Magical Express line:
DSC00567Small.jpg

Here is Luke greeting the first Disney Cast Member we saw WHAT A PLEASANT SIGHT!!!:
DSC00566Small.jpg

At this hour there was NO ONE in line for the buses and we got on right away.
We headed to Wilderness Lodge. I was on cloud nine. It was before 9:30 and we were in Orlando headed to the Lodge, I couldn’t believe how time was flying. We had a lunch at Askershus scheduled with the princesses and I was originally concerned we wouldn’t make it but now it was going to be NO PROBLEM!
Here is a happy Luke on the bus:
DSC00569Small.jpg

Isn’t that just the best feeling!
Before I knew it we were pulling into our favorite place, the Wilderness Lodge. Here is the view from my window:
DSC00573Small.jpg

Here are Tim and the kids walking up to the gorgeous lobby:
DSC00574Small.jpg

We had discussed who should check us in. Tim wanted me to do it but I remembered his good luck with our room requests in the past and I didn’t get what we wanted last year when I checked in so I left it to him. I told him, we want Woodsview, Magic Kingdom side 4th-6th floor would be ideal, and we were asking about Flag family too.
Here is Tim at the desk, boy was I nervous:
DSC00580Small.jpg

While Tim was checking in the kids RAN to Humphrey to rub his nose, it’s their way of knowing we are at the lodge and the vacation has officially begun:
DSC00578Small.jpg

Well, Tim walked over and told me our room was not ready (no surprise there) and we did have Magic Kingdom side, (Awesome!) 3rd floor. Not too shabby. For those of you who haven’t stayed at the WL or are considering in my opinion after 3 stays there, Woodsview Magic Kingdom side is THE BEST location. You are in a quiet area overlooking otter pond, with a monorail view and you can see (a little obstructed but you can see) the MK fireworks from your balcony. The elevator goes right down to the foodcourt and the pool, it is such a perfect location. We were happy with that. UNFORTUNATELY we were not able to get Flag Family (we were Flag Family 2 years ago when we last stayed at the Lodge). The CM told Tim they had given it away that morning. Bummer, but that’s o.k. We’re in Disney, pretty much got a great room location and we were off to Epcot.:goodvibes
I told the kids I would buy each of them autograph books before we headed to the parks (Luke’s was full from last year and Lauren has never had one) so we headed to the Wilderness Lodge Mercantile shop and I got them both books. They wanted to trade pins so Lauren approached the CM at the counter. After she was done trading the lady said she was part of a little game and asked Lauren what her favorite Disney movie was. Lauren told her it was Cinderella and then the lady asked her some Cinderella question and she asked Lauren her name and then dumped a HUGE bag of pins on the counter and told Lauren as a part of the year of a Million Dreams she could have any pin she wanted for free. VERY COOL. We were 5 minutes into our vacation and Lauren had already won a dream. Here is the happy girl at the bus stop with her chosen pin:
DSC00581Small.jpg

We were OFF TO EPCOT!!!
When we got there after a LOT of debate in this family we ended up getting the double stroller for the trip. I KNOW I KNOW, I played into Disney’s greediness, yada yada yada. I get that, I do. For me, when you are spending this much money on a Disney vacation what is stroller money. We bit the bullet and did it and I must say we were happy for it.
So…….. when we got to Epcot Tim ran to Test Track to FP one of our favorite Epcot rides and I ran to get the stroller with the kids. Here is a self portrait of me and the ball :
DSC00583Small.jpg
’

After that we were kind of wandering around taking it all in deciding what to do before our 11:30 lunch reservation and the kids saw Figment. The kids and I LOVE Figment, for some reason Tim’s never been a fan, but we ended up doing Figment first!!! Gotta love that:
Happy kids watching intensely during the ride:
DSC00586Small.jpg

At the exit there are tons of fun things to do and we had fun exploring. I love how they updated the sound pad area:
DSC00588Small.jpg

Then Luke got to go up and “test the camera”
DSC00591Small.jpg

This lady is SO hilarious:
DSC00592Small.jpg

Tim had fun conducting (see Tim, Figment isn’t that bad)
DSC00593Small.jpg

Then it was time for lunch and we headed to Norway. While I was checking us in Tim found the Kringila Bakery in Norway next door he was VERY excited ; ) He got some sort of desert with crème and coconuts on it that he said was awesome.
Here is Luke waiting inside Askershus for us to be called:
DSC00595Small.jpg

The kids were thrilled because Belle was in the lobby, she was their first autographs:
DSC00596Small.jpg

DSC00597Small.jpg

I love this picture:
DSC00598Small.jpg

I gotta tell you, I was excited for Lauren that this was our first meal but not so excited for us adults because I remember the food as just being “o.k.” last year. But I have to admit it was either that I was starving or the food has improved but we REALLY enjoyed this meal, it was yummy.
Here is a happy Tim after his trip through the buffet line (doesn’t he look sexy after all that weight loss !?!):
DSC00599Small.jpg

Continued in next post.....................

They came to the table with our picture that is now INCLUDED in the price, which is awesome for only one credit on the dining plan. Here is my attempt at photographing that picture:
DSC00600Small.jpg

It came with the cute frame and four smaller copies of the photo too, COOL!
The princesses came fast and furious and all the awesome ones were there, we were thrilled!
Aurora was first:
DSC00601Small.jpg

Then this gorgeous mermaid, (I mean this Ariel was beautiful!!!)
DSC00604Small.jpg

All of a sudden Luke didn’t mind being at a princess meal : )
DSC00603Small.jpg

Then Jasmine came, this was a first for us we had never met her before. Lauren thought she was very “sparkly”:
DSC00605Small.jpg

Can that girl pose for pictures or what!?! Lauren had us cracking up with her photo poses the entire trip, so be forwarned!
Then I was so excited and surprised that Cinderella was there for lunch:
DSC00607Small.jpg

Again, this Cinderella was gorgeous. These princesses were all so beautiful (last year at Askershus, not so much) this year, WOW!!!
O.K., now that I sound like I’m attracted to the princesses let’s talk about desert.
The desert plate at last years meal was the highlight for me, they had some sort of yummy chocolate roll desert that was to die for that Lauren and I had fought over and then a lingenberry pie that was SO delicious so I had told Tim all about it and was so excited. Well that is NOT what was on it this year. I didn’t care for any of these:
DSC00608Small.jpg

Oh well, the meal overall was OUSTANDING!
After lunch we experienced another first of the trip (we have lots of firsts this trip which is why we love Disney so much, we have gone every single summer for the past 6 years as a family of 4 and every year we still have firsts every single day, what a place!!!)
MAELSTROM was our first today, we had never ridden before:
DSC00612Small.jpg

We really liked the ride, I liked the surprise turn, wasn’t expecting that.
Tim made nice with a troll in the store:
DSC00613Small.jpg

Luke made NOT so nice : )
DSC00614Small.jpg

After lunch we the entire way around the World Showcase to catch some characters. The kids heard that Dopey was with Snow White in Germany and they really wanted to see him.
We passed China and saw this lovely lady for the first time (another first : )
DSC00616Small.jpg

DSC00618Small.jpg

Boy was it hot this day, World Showcase can be so unforgiving when it comes to the heat, but we forged on!
We made it to Germany and the kids were thrilled to see Snow White (unfortunately she was Dopey-less this day, but we promised the kids we’d try again later in the trip):
DSC00620Small.jpg

Don’t you just love World Showcase, it’s like a whole other Universe, I could just LIVE there. We had fun soaking it in. Lauren had fun playing on a hopscotch board:
DSC00622Small.jpg

Luke is a HUGE lover of the “Mr. Men” books by Roger Hargraves. I loved them and collected them as a child and was thrilled to find them in the Little Toy Soldier toy store in Epcot in the United Kingdom last year and bought some for him and we’ve tried to find them ever since and can only special order them. So he was eager to spend some of his money in the Little Toy Solder. He was so excited when we walked in and they were EVERYWHERE. He had a hard time limiting his purchase to 6 books so he didn’t spend his souvenier money all at once. Here is a happy Luke in front of the store with his books:
DSC00621Small.jpg

At this time the room still wasn’t ready (we had been calling) and it was close to 2pm. We decided to head to Test Track and ride then just head back if the room was ready or not because surely by the 3pm time it would be ready.
Here are Tim and the kids cooling off in front of Test Track (before I put the camera down and took a turn):
DSC00623Small.jpg

Gotta love the theming of this ride:
DSC00625Small.jpg

As we were waiting to go in a FUNNY story to share with you.
I decided to call the lodge one more time to see if our room was ready, well as I was on the phone on hold someone around us completely pooped their pants : ) I mean really, it was the most God-awful smell EVER!!! I turned to Tim and said in a quiet voice “Good Lord, someone just crapped themselves” then I realized I was on the phone still when the lady died laughing on the other end. Tooooooo funny : ) Anyway, our room was still not ready, oh well.
Here is an excited and tired Lauren getting a free ride from daddy towards our car:
DSC00627Small.jpg

We had a GREAT time riding the ride and headed to the buses to find our room.
Here was a tired Tim nodding off on the bus.
DSC00631Small.jpg

It was too funny. These ladies sitting next to him noticed me taking this picture and we had fun watching him wake up and continue to nod off the rest of the ride, they were cracking up. When he woke up we told him about it and he said “I wasn’t asleep” the ladies were like “OH YES YOU WERE HONEY!” too cute.
Well, I will stop there because it’s getting late and I have to leave you hanging at some point right!?!?!
But stay tuned…………………..
NextEpisode1.jpg

Click here for next installment:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1861757&page=7

Trip Report Index:
Day 1: You are reading it
Day 1 Installment 2 : Click here:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1861757&page=7
Day 2 Installment 1: Click here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1861757&page=10
Day 2 Installment 2: Click here:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=25822765&posted=1#post25822765
Day 3 Installment 1: Click here:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=25849429&posted=1#post25849429
Day 3 Installment 2: Click here:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=25886598&posted=1#post25886598
Day 4 Installment 1: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1861757&page=27
Day 4 Installment 2 Click here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=25974020#post25974020
Day 5 Installment 1 Click here:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1861757&page=33
Day 5 Installment 2 Click here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=26047457&posted=1#post26047457
Day 6 Installment 1 Click here:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=26180456&posted=1#post26180456
Day 6 Installment 2 Click here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=26214742&posted=1#post26214742
Day 7 Installment 1 Click here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1861757&page=57
Day 7 Installment 2 Click here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=26549740#post26549740

Day 8 Click here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1861757&page=66
Day 9 Installment 1 Click here:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1861757&page=72
Day 9 Installment 2 Click here:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1861757&page=76
Last day Click here:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1861757&page=80

First!!! Really, am I first??

I can't wait to read about your trip this year! Great start!

Yeay! Your trip report has started!!! :banana:

What a great beginning!!! Everyone looks so excited to be at Disney!!!

I just have to say that I think it is eerie that we didn't run into each other. Monday was our Epcot day, and we did Maelstrom around 1:30 maybe, followed by China and Test Track around 2:30 -- we must have just missed you!!!

Not to mention that we were at Chef Mickey's at 5:00!!!

I was on my way to bed, I checked my email for the last time and saw you posted this... I had to read it!!!
:surfweb:
This is so exciting... Everyone looks so happy.. Awesome pictures....
I can't wait for more!!!!

Angela

Long time lurker subscribing to your latest adventure!

great first installment!!! :thumbsup2 wow....you guys really did have some pretty princesses. the kids are getting so big - you guys are gonna be in trouble in a few years from both the boys and the girls! :rotfl: we experienced some poopie smell at epcot one day too! you'll see later on in my TR. weird! i hope the "fireworks with friends" teaser means you guys finally saw wishes!

Cher bear sent me over to your pre- trip the other day and I am hooked. :hyper:

What a great start to your vacation!!!

Yay for Lauren getting a dream so soon into your trip:cool1:

She is so photogenic..:cutie:

Both your kids are adorable:goodvibes

Too funny about the crapping the pants comment:lmao:

Thanks so much for telling me what those books were called that Luke likes so much.

I had them too as a child and loved them :lovestruc

How awesome that the picture is included in the price of the princess meal and for only one credit:cool1:

Too funny about the ladies setting Tim straight that yes, he was asleep :faint:

Disney is so much fun, isn't it:rotfl:

Okay, I have babbled enough for now::yes::

Go on

popcorn::

Hooray!! So glad to see a new chapter, cant wait to see pictures of the beautiful lodge!

AWESOME!!! What a great first day! And it just barely started!:banana:
The princesses were very pretty! I am glad that the food was good for you all.

I cannot believe how big your kids are getting! They are gorgeous too!

And you rock for getting this baby starting already!:worship:

I am so jazzed about your TR! We are going to WL in Jan and love your detailed reports! It's so funny watching your kids grow up on the DIS. :) Love the pics! Your babies are so big now. Can't wait for more. popcorn::

Yippee! Great report so far. You guys always have the best pics and I absolutely love reading your reports. Can't wait to read more... :banana:

Terrific 1st installment!

Is what Tim had at Kringla School bread? if yes, thats one of my fav treats in Disney!

Lauren is sooooo cute with the huge smiles!

What an awesome day you are having so far!

What an awesome start! I love all your pictures, but boy does it look hot!

You did get some pretty princesses. Lauren was cracking me up with her poses. So cute!

I just found your TR today and it has been great so far. I can't wait to see what is going to happen next. I am definitely subscribing.

Great start. It's so hard when you have to be up so early. Eventually the adrenalin wears off:confused3 Can't wait to read more and can't believe you have the first installment up already:thumbsup2 YOU ROCK::yes::

great start ot the report.

looking forward to hearing more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter