• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tiffins with little ones?

DISfam2401

Mouseketeer
I'm getting ready to make our January ADRs am am curious about Tiffins. We'd really like to try it this time, but will have our 7 year old and almost-2 year old. Will they be out of place? I'm one who probably would not bring kids to California Grill, but would at, say, Artist Point. The 7 year old I'm not worried about - he's very well behaved, but the 2 year old is another story. She's not wild, but is more likely to get antsy and need to be walked around. To those who have been there, do you see little kids dining, or is it more of an adult-only vibe? Our fallback is Yak and Yeti, but we've been there a couple times and wanted to try something new.

I think you will be fine.. it is a beautiful restaurant full of art, but it is not overly formal by any means. I fully expect to see children in all restaurants at Disney, especially ones located within the parks.

While I haven't been to Tiffin's, we've been taking our girls to WDW since they were 2 and 4 and have done some signature dining with them every trip. Mind you, they are very well behaved in restaurants, but I also used to have a plan in case they got antsy. Going on a walk was always the best approach for us if they were getting super restless. I'd try and scope out a decent path through the restaurant, lounge, lobby, and even bathrooms. I'd be ready to walk in between courses if I found it was needed, but I tried to start them out with coloring, looking at pictures i'd taken so far for the day and talking about plans first...since I didn't want to be constantly on a walk either.

I'm getting ready to make our January ADRs am am curious about Tiffins. We'd really like to try it this time, but will have our 7 year old and almost-2 year old. Will they be out of place? I'm one who probably would not bring kids to California Grill, but would at, say, Artist Point. The 7 year old I'm not worried about - he's very well behaved, but the 2 year old is another story. She's not wild, but is more likely to get antsy and need to be walked around. To those who have been there, do you see little kids dining, or is it more of an adult-only vibe? Our fallback is Yak and Yeti, but we've been there a couple times and wanted to try something new.
It's Disney - children are always welcomed.

It's the adults who are out of place - even at Tiffins - unless they are wearing Ears.

As I frequently mention - my then 2 y.o. was nearly perfect in her ability to ruin just about every sit-down meal my wife & I attempted.

Advice: lunch is easier than dinner time to manage with a toddler that has been stimulated by Disney.

We prefer the food at Tiffins over Yak & Yeti.

Signature restaurants at Disney are not as fancy as you might expect (or hope). The toddler sleeping on the floor clutching her blankie in anticipation of the fireworks hours later was the tell-tale sign for me that CA Grill was not as fancy as their own hype.

We saw plenty of young children at Tiffin's both in the restaurant and outside in the Nomad Lounge when we were there.

It's Disney and IN a park ... eat where you want :-) Plus Tiffins is the best food at AK, in my opinion.

We took our GDs (6 & 10) to Tiffins in May. They are well behaved, loved the beautiful restaurant and loved the food.

I have booked Tiffins 5:20 dinner for our trip. I will be eating with another adult and an11 yr old and a 4 yr old. I assumed, as long as they are reasonably behaved and don't bother anyone else, that they would be welcome. Nothing I have read has swayed me from this opinion.

Last edited:
I'm getting ready to make our January ADRs am am curious about Tiffins. We'd really like to try it this time, but will have our 7 year old and almost-2 year old. Will they be out of place? I'm one who probably would not bring kids to California Grill, but would at, say, Artist Point. The 7 year old I'm not worried about - he's very well behaved, but the 2 year old is another story. She's not wild, but is more likely to get antsy and need to be walked around. To those who have been there, do you see little kids dining, or is it more of an adult-only vibe? Our fallbacgk is Yak and Yeti, but we've been there a couple times and wanted to try something new.
I totally agree with most of what PP have said. It is WDW. Children are welcome everywhere but V&A's. It is the " antsy" 2 yo I worry about.
At this point I am a dedicated Gramma out for a special, expensive dinner. Although my stating my opinion may be unpopular, I don't want to deal with a miserable 2 YO during my special dinner.
You know your child best. Do what you think is right.

We were one of the few tables that didn't have children. We had dinner there, and some of the children clearly were exhausted and/or famished. One girl, who looked to be about 5, didn't appreciate the slower pace of service and wanted to leave long before the bill arrived. Another large group had several preschoolers who were crying that they were hungry. The server offered several times to bring the children their food immediately, but for some reason the adults insisted that the entrees all be served at the same time and furthermore that the food be delayed so they could enjoy a leisurely meal!

So don't worry about bringing your children. You'll have plenty of company.

My husband and I are two grown adults, our one child is grown, married and has three kids of his own and wouldn't take his group to anything but a counter service place at Disney World. HOWEVER, that's his choice (and it's because there are three of them so he and my daughter-in-law wouldn't be able to eat very well with dealing with three kids on their own). While my husband and I are just the two of us, we'll eat anywhere we want to, expect kids of all ages and as long as a child doesn't come up sans parent and stop right in front of our table with food in their mouths and stop and stare at us for longer than five minutes (that did happen), we are fine with kids under adult supervision. (The kid that stopped and stared and chewed at Sci-Fi was asked which car he belonged to and when he pointed, I had to get out of the car and ask his parents to take control of their child - they had no idea he had walked away).

I think you'll be okay. I ate there twice in May and there were multiple tables with children. The only thing I would warn you about is they do pace the meal a bit slow. We were there for 2 hours during the second visit. If your youngest is the kind to get antsy after sitting in a restaurant for a long time maybe bring something to keep them entertained. Or as a PP mentioned, have the kids food brought out earlier if they are hungry/antsy.

You don't want to miss out on Tiffins though!! We like Yak and Yeti but Tiffins is on a completely different level! It is sooo good! I've tried all the desserts and every single one is delicious. Also the chicken dish is the best meal I've had at Disney. The portions are kind of on the small size (as most signatures are), but I was comfortably full after app, entree, and dessert. The Rivers of Light Dining Package is a really good deal if you want all three courses. For $67 you can order anything off the menu and the wagyu beef dish is $59 by itself.

OP here - thank you for all the replies. Makes me feel better to know that they won't be the only kids there. I'm hoping in the next 6 months, she'll have a little longer attention span so we can bring a phone or tablet to distract her in an emergency (and it sounds like if it's a long meal we might need some help from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse which is how we got through long meals when my son was that age.) We're doing AK on day 5 of our trip, so we have some time to gauge how she's coping with the excitement and long days of Disney World by dinner time. I'll probably book Tiffins and then hope to be able to change to Yak and Yeti while we're there if she's having dinnertime meltdowns. I'd hate to ruin a good (expensive) meal walking around the restaurant while my food gets cold :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter