• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tiffins menu changes

The Tiffins wagyu entree was good, but American wagyu is not particularly special. From a cut of meat standpoint, I’m actually more excited to try the new beef entree - looked it up and Fort McCoy appears to be a local, Florida purveyor.

The Tiffins wagyu entree was good, but American wagyu is not particularly special. From a cut of meat standpoint, I’m actually more excited to try the new beef entree - looked it up and Fort McCoy appears to be a local, Florida purveyor.

Don't know, maybe its good, but I generally haven't had any beef from Florida that comes close to good Midwest Angus beef.

No more Wagyu at Tiffins is a tragedy. Shortly after it opened I had the Wagyu Beef and Short Rib combo entrée. It was probably one of the best meals I've had at Disney World. Too bad it's gone. New Disney restaurants seem to do this type of menu offerings: provide something really marketable for the establishment and then back off after a year. Hope it will come back around!

Don't know, maybe its good, but I generally haven't had any beef from Florida that comes close to good Midwest Angus beef.

I agree. The Fort McCoy is a 100% Grass Fed "Brangus" program. It's a cross between Angus and Brahman Cattle. The feeling is Angus eats better and Brahman is hardier and can thrive in Florida temperatures but unfortunately doesn't produce the best beef. As for the way it's raised I've yet to find any that eats as well as a high quality Beef that's finished on grain.

As for American Wagyu it's a Kobe-Angus cross which is a bit deceiving. As long as it's 51% or higher Wagyu it can be called Wagyu and fit into the program. Also it is subject to Grading/Marbling scores which can add to the confusion and inconsistencies from reviewers. They grade Silver, Black and Gold based on the Marbling Score. Silver being the cheapest and not much more marbled than a moderate USDA Choice. If someone is going into their meal expecting an amazing steak and they're being served a Silver Wagyu it could be great or it could be just OK.

I agree. The Fort McCoy is a 100% Grass Fed "Brangus" program. It's a cross between Angus and Brahman Cattle. The feeling is Angus eats better and Brahman is hardier and can thrive in Florida temperatures but unfortunately doesn't produce the best beef. As for the way it's raised I've yet to find any that eats as well as a high quality Beef that's finished on grain.

As for American Wagyu it's a Kobe-Angus cross which is a bit deceiving. As long as it's 51% or higher Wagyu it can be called Wagyu and fit into the program. Also it is subject to Grading/Marbling scores which can add to the confusion and inconsistencies from reviewers. They grade Silver, Black and Gold based on the Marbling Score. Silver being the cheapest and not much more marbled than a moderate USDA Choice. If someone is going into their meal expecting an amazing steak and they're being served a Silver Wagyu it could be great or it could be just OK.
Great post...thanks. For me, I like the novelty of eating Florida beef, knowing that Tiffins will prepare it well.

I was saddened to see the changes to the Wagyu beef entree as I had hoped to try that one. No longer Wagyu, and it sounds more typically "meat and potatoes" to me.
Have you tried Jiko? My husband had their Wagyu strip loin last month and he said it was the best meal he's ever had...

Darn it!! DH and I loved this dish. I am disappointed. I loved the cauliflower puree and the Wagyu was a great cut.

We really like this restaurant as a whole, so I will give the new menu a chance.

We're going to stick with our reservation. DW will probably still get the chicken dish which hasn't changed. I'll either try one of the fish dishes or maybe the corn cake one which sounds really interesting. I'm sure we'll get the bread service appetizer and maybe the cauliflower side. I doubt we will go hungry :).

We're going to stick with our reservation. DW will probably still get the chicken dish which hasn't changed. I'll either try one of the fish dishes or maybe the corn cake one which sounds really interesting. I'm sure we'll get the bread service appetizer and maybe the cauliflower side. I doubt we will go hungry :).

Have you had the cauliflower side? I’m considering it - it sounds wonderful!

Can you still order off the full menu with a ROL dining package? If you can get the surf and turf, that’s a bargain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter