Tie dye tshirts

kangamangus

Mouseketeer
Can someone tell me if the shirts that you tie dye have anything special on them? We love to tie dye at our campgrounds near home and wear them throughout the summer. Just wondering if they say Fort Wilderness or are plain? Thanks for any answers!

kangamangus,

You get a plain white t-shirt (I'm an adult so I brought my own size and they gave me a discount).

At our session they taught folks how to do two different types: the traditional tie-dye and the Mickey Mouse tie-dye which I chose. They teach you how to use rubberbands to make the three circles (two ears and head) in several places over your shirt. It came out recognizable is all I would say. But I sort of ruined it at the end by just splashing/spraying different color dyes in a rain pattern on it. Wish I hadn't done that.

So if you've done it before, you can probably pass unless you want to see if they'll instruct on the MM style. You can ask at the Bike Barn in the days leading up to it and decide then.

Bama Ed

As Ed said, the shirts are plain white. We did them on our trip in August of 2016. Our Mickey's turned out okay, but I had hoped that the colors would have been a bit more "Vibrant". Still, it was a fun activity and my DD11 had an awesome time doing it.

I did one too. I did buy their shirt, but the funny thing is that the gloves they give you were just WAY to small for my hands. They give you, basically, the plastic Food Service type gloves. For me, they had to go get some larger latex (like medical) gloves to fit my hands.

All in all though, we felt it was a worthwhile event for us.

How much did it cost if you bring your own shirt? I'd probably rather buy the family shirts at JoAnn's for $3 than rely on Disney.

It's really not that expensive to buy the shirts there and do the whole Tie Dye thing. I want to say that it was like $15 or less each.

Thanks for the responses! At our favorite campground up north ( danforth bay) you tie dye a shirt with their logo on it. Free advertising when we wear the shirts all summer!

Here is the thread with my tie dye experience. The making of the shirt is on page 4 post #71 and a picture of the finished shirt is on page 5.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/bama-ed-is-at-the-fort-april-2013.3094752/page-4

I brought my own shirt because I was there right after Easter. I went by the Bike Barn a few days before the dying and asked if they had my size 2xl and they said no. So I went to walmart and got one. They did give me a discount but it was still some bling. It was $12 (and this was 2013) as I say in post #75 of page 4 just for me to use the dye. So who can say if they will have anyone's size. To be safe, I would bring my own blank shirts. IMHO.

Bama Ed

PS - in that thread in post #75 page 4 I wrote that they were charging for the activity with their shirts for $17. :earseek:So it's not so much the cost as it is ensuring you get your size. You know you will if you bring your own.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. Your shirt turned out nice! Looks like a lot of fun.

I was really disappointed that they had no logo on them. Just a simple Fort Wilderness logo would make them a "resort specific" merchandise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter