• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**Tie Dye Mickey ears shirts directions**NEW NEW PICS LAST PAGE**

Ohh with explorer doesn't work, with aol it does LOL! I think it was because I moved the picture to another folder. Thanks.

Nice! I dont know how you are doing your spiral to make it look like that- but it is WICKED cool! love it!!

THe spiral is the same, it was (I think) the way I spread the colors, hard to explain with words. :headache: but it does looks wicked :laughing:

Hey, you've inspired me. I bought a bunch of Gildan t's on Jiffyshirts.com. I have to get the dye and ash. Any suggestions for one of our travelling party who may be a little more conservative? he wants just a little mickey with some color, but not the Grateful Dead look. hmmmmmmmmm?

These are awesome! Awesome! AWESOME! Definitely going to make some for me and the boys before we go!

Thanks so much for posting this!

Hey, you've inspired me. I bought a bunch of Gildan t's on Jiffyshirts.com. I have to get the dye and ash. Any suggestions for one of our travelling party who may be a little more conservative? he wants just a little mickey with some color, but not the Grateful Dead look. hmmmmmmmmm?

Good! Mmm maybe you can do 2 colors one for the ears, like periwinkle (sp?) and navy blue for the rest of the shirt, or viceversa. Or brown ears and navy blue.

I'll try to make other christmas and halloween as well. I have some new 'ideas'. See ya'll

Pixie - love the Christmas shirts. The colors are so bright!

I made my first shirt today! When I went to AC Moore last night to get the soda ash, they had 100% cotton ladies' shirts at 2/$7. I also purchased some purple dye while I was there.

000bp6ww

I was impressed and happy that it came out so well! The ear got a little mis-shaped because I basted a bit too big and it lost its shape.

One thing I noticed was that the dye seemed very thin, even though I only filled the bottle about halfway. It was a bit of a problem because the blue ran a bit and overpowered the pink. Do I need to make the dye thicker? Any suggestions?

What kind of dye did you use babe?

I used a pre-loaded tie dye kit from Walmart. The brand was "Rainbow Rock."

The purple I used was a box of Rit dye.

EDIT: Initially I said I was going to go with Rit, but after doing some more reading it seems like Rit is generally not a great dye. I think I am going to go with Dylon instead. That has had good reviews.

I'd love any advice on how to mix those.

Also, my shirt was still VERY wet from the soda ash. Should I have let it dry more before tie dyeing?

I really ring mine out good before I put the dye on and that seems to help with the bleeding! I have never tried the kit from Walmart though, so I am not sure about those dyes! Your first shirt came out great though!

PixieDust32...tried to send my postal code to you but told me your box was full! Guess to many people love your tshirts too :cool1:

sorry ashleigh! we lost power and internet this morning due to a bad storm, power is back but not the internet, im using my cell phone but is a pain in the neck and my phone is touch tone so it gets bananas if i touch the wrong spot. Is easier to read my e mail but i cleaned my box. Here is my email... davidyroxy@aol.com pixiedustgirl32@hotmail.com . I have some new pictures but i cant upload them of course, made a cute red and black shirt for a girl it turned out pretty i will share it as soon as this thing gets fix. Thank you.

Pixie - love the Christmas shirts. The colors are so bright!

I made my first shirt today! When I went to AC Moore last night to get the soda ash, they had 100% cotton ladies' shirts at 2/$7. I also purchased some purple dye while I was there.

000bp6ww

I was impressed and happy that it came out so well! The ear got a little mis-shaped because I basted a bit too big and it lost its shape.

One thing I noticed was that the dye seemed very thin, even though I only filled the bottle about halfway. It was a bit of a problem because the blue ran a bit and overpowered the pink. Do I need to make the dye thicker? Any suggestions?

i can't see your pics right now, about the dye i never used the kind, nor the rit, i had used tulip and jacquard but not thone you used.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter