**Tie Dye Mickey ears shirts directions**NEW NEW PICS LAST PAGE**

It's not madatory with the Tulip dye, but it sure does help! It really brings out the bright colors- the Tulip dyes tend to look faded without the soda ash IMO- I think Pixie has more experience with the Tulip dyes than I do- thoughts darlin?

I read on the other thread that you had used the tulip before, something about filling the bottle just 3/4 something like, but it was a while ago, maybe it was someone else, anyways, about the tulip, yes I had used it before, as well as the Jacquard, and I always use the soda ash, sice I used both dyes, it doesn't hurt to use the soda ash with the tulip. But is up to you bird328 if you want to use the soda ash that would be fine, you can find it right next to the dye at the craft store, just follow the directions on the box.
Have fun :)

Yeah I tried using them one when I was waiting for a dye order to come in- and did exactly that- filled them 3/4 full- I just love my colors super bright- and tulip dyes frustrate me! haha!

Hey did you get your Dharma order in yet???

so is Dharma the best dye...I went to their site..do you order directly from there? Which type do you use? then I want soda ash right?? Where do I get that...any other "MUST HAVES"??

so is Dharma the best dye...I went to their site..do you order directly from there? Which type do you use? then I want soda ash right?? Where do I get that...any other "MUST HAVES"??
:thumbsup2 I love Dharma Dyes and that is what I use! I use thier fiber reactive dyes- (click dyes, dye for tie dye, fiber reactive dyes). I know the color list seems overwhelming, but remember if you order your primary colors (they are noted when you are shopping) you can make a lot of other colors with those.

On the soda ash- shipping is REALLY high of you order it from them bc it is sooo heavy, so I would recommend getting it at a local craft store, or at walmart- especially if you are just doing them for your family.

You def want to get dental floss, and good rubberbands! :cutie:

Hi Everyone, I am planning a "princess" trip for my mom's belated 70th birthday and saw this thread. I was so excited to try some shirts but don't have much experience.:scared1: Anyway - here is the shirt for my mom and I am happy with the results!princess: I used dye for the tie dye and acrylic for the additions.
ry%3D400

Yeah I tried using them one when I was waiting for a dye order to come in- and did exactly that- filled them 3/4 full- I just love my colors super bright- and tulip dyes frustrate me! haha!

Hey did you get your Dharma order in yet???

Ohh I see! Good tip. Yes, it was the second order, the first one my DH ordered for me, he ordered the kit, the one that has a book, dye, gloves and all that.

I've place another order a couple of days ago :banana:

I tried this but my Mickey's do not look like Mickeys any idea what I did wrong? Did you sew stitches close together or farther apart? Mine look more like hearts than Mickey ears. I am going to try again and if it does not work out I may use fabric paid in the spot to trace the Mickey head so you can tell what it is suppose to be,

I tried this but my Mickey's do not look like Mickeys any idea what I did wrong? Did you sew stitches close together or farther apart? Mine look more like hearts than Mickey ears. I am going to try again and if it does not work out I may use fabric paid in the spot to trace the Mickey head so you can tell what it is suppose to be,

Dis you used 100% cotton shirt?

My stitches are normal, not to big, not to small, __ like that. Tie the rubber bands really good and pour the dye slowly.

I am "dye"ing to see the Christmas Shirts!!! LOL I love the blue and green shades, that is exactly what I want. Once I see how the Christmas ones come out I will let you know what me and DS wants. Hunny doesn't like tie-dye- :confused3

PixieDust- Did you ever have a chance to post the Christmas pictures? I just didn't know if I missed them. Thanks

Hey!
I made a christmas one and is almost ready, I tried a different style and hope it turns great, I'll post a picture for you, I won't forget again.

I tried 2 and the first one looks like a big blue blob (yikes), I thought maybe too much dye. Then the second on was better, but the other colors started bleeding thru. Do you think I could do it reverse? Leave the Mickey head white and tie dye the rest of the shirt? I'm ready to throw in the shirt, lol:confused3

Hm. Could someone post a tutorial for the bullseye method?
I really want to try this, but I'm a little confused.
Thanks.

I tried 2 and the first one looks like a big blue blob (yikes), I thought maybe too much dye. Then the second on was better, but the other colors started bleeding thru. Do you think I could do it reverse? Leave the Mickey head white and tie dye the rest of the shirt? I'm ready to throw in the shirt, lol:confused3

Oh no :( well I never done the white mickey head but you can try. :confused3 I'm sorry it didn't work. I guess you can dye all around the rubber bads where the mickey ears are.

Hm. Could someone post a tutorial for the bullseye method?
I really want to try this, but I'm a little confused.
Thanks.

Hi, I made one bullseye so far but I didn't take any pics. I don't know if Tinker has some pics of how she makes hers.

Ok - so I've been spying this thread and wanted to give it a try -

tiedye005.jpg

tiedye006.jpg

tiedye007.jpg

I am happy that the heads came out OK - but although the colors look OK in the pic - I really don't like the colors in person...

I WILL be making more - but what a mess!!

Ok - so I've been spying this thread and wanted to give it a try -

tiedye005.jpg

tiedye006.jpg

tiedye007.jpg

I am happy that the heads came out OK - but although the colors look OK in the pic - I really don't like the colors in person...

I WILL be making more - but what a mess!!

Cool, you did great! :yay:

More pictures! I took the pictures outside to use the natural light and to show the real colors of the shirts.

The little shirt are soooooo cute! Loved making them. :love:

tiedyelittlenbig008.jpg

tiedyelittlenbig004.jpg

tiedyelittlenbig006.jpg

tiedyelittlenbig009.jpg

tiedyelittlenbig010.jpg

tiedyelittlenbig011.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter