• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**Tie Dye Mickey ears shirts directions**NEW NEW PICS LAST PAGE**

Anybody made shirts over the weekend? :)

I am "dye"ing to see the Christmas Shirts!!! LOL I love the blue and green shades, that is exactly what I want. Once I see how the Christmas ones come out I will let you know what me and DS wants. Hunny doesn't like tie-dye- :confused3

Hey there again! I posted earlier asking if you obtained your great colors by mixing the 3 Primary colors and you said yep. Are they from a box kit or do you buy them individually from a company? Also, did you use just the primary colors for your shirts in Post #173 and Post #177 ? I really like those colors...my DH wasn't thrilled wearing our super VIBRANT shirts, but I think he'd wear them again in those colors. ;)

Also, an earlier poster asked what type of thread you used to stitch your Mickey Heads and I just wanted to mention that I had better luck using dental floss. It didn't break off when I cinched it tight (my thread version did :headache:), and it slipped right out when I was all finished.

I'm only mentioning it b/c in case someone doesn't live near a Walmart, etc... the floss would be just fine.

Hey there again! I posted earlier asking if you obtained your great colors by mixing the 3 Primary colors and you said yep. Are they from a box kit or do you buy them individually from a company? Also, did you use just the primary colors for your shirts in Post #173 and Post #177 ? I really like those colors...my DH wasn't thrilled wearing our super VIBRANT shirts, but I think he'd wear them again in those colors. ;)

Also, an earlier poster asked what type of thread you used to stitch your Mickey Heads and I just wanted to mention that I had better luck using dental floss. It didn't break off when I cinched it tight (my thread version did :headache:), and it slipped right out when I was all finished.

I'm only mentioning it b/c in case someone doesn't live near a Walmart, etc... the floss would be just fine.

Thank you for your tips! :cheer2:

OH MY GOSH! I did not know this thread exsisted! haha- I have been posting away on the other one!! Guess I will share some pics!!
109_2112.jpg

109_2066.jpg

109_2201.jpg

109_2199.jpg

109_2133.jpg

109_2217.jpg

109_2239.jpg

Thanks for sharing! We like to see all different styles and get different ideas.

OH MY GOSH! I did not know this thread exsisted! haha- I have been posting away on the other one!! Guess I will share some pics!!
109_2112.jpg

109_2066.jpg

109_2201.jpg

109_2199.jpg

109_2133.jpg

109_2217.jpg

109_2239.jpg

Those are great!!!I love the colors: What did you use for colors/dye (brand)? Also, how did you getso many distinct lines around your mickey head? Did you use fabric markers or are they completely dyed?

Thanks for sharing! We like to see all different styles and get different ideas.
No problem! I actually have a TON on my flickr account if you want to see them for ideas! I am always happy to share :goodvibes http://www.flickr.com/photos/onegreatthing/

Those are great!!!I love the colors: What did you use for colors/dye (brand)? Also, how did you getso many distinct lines around your mickey head? Did you use fabric markers or are they completely dyed?

I use Dharma fiber reactive dyes (dharmatrading.com) they are very high quality and always yeild AMAZING bright colors! The colors I use most frequently are: Jade Green, Bright Blue, Bright Green, Chocolate, New Black, Rasberry, Hot Pink, Lemon Yellow, and Fire Red :) You just have to remember they require Sodium Carbonate (Soda Ash) to fix, unlike the Tulip brands. Of course, the extra step is worth it!

I think it is just the amount of rubber bands I use! I dont wrap my MM heads in plastic (although that is a GREAT idea!!!) I just make sure when I am dying they stay facing down (lower than the rest of the shirt) so the dye migrates to the fibers in the MM not down towards the rest of the shirt :cutie:

Love your shirts! :lovestruc Thanks for answering the question about your dyes and colors. I'm going to order from them next. I especially like the brown shirt and the dark blue/turquoise ones on the couch. Do you recall what the names were for those 2 shades of blue?

Pixie Dust, can you tell me what the brand of dye you used and where you bought it? What colors do you use, I really like the primary color shirts, really bright. Also, where do you buy soda ash and is there a brand?
I know these questions have probably been asked and answered already but I am getting confused with all the different posts. Just going with what one person has done is so much easier.
Thanks in advance.

Love your shirts! :lovestruc Thanks for answering the question about your dyes and colors. I'm going to order from them next. I especially like the brown shirt and the dark blue/turquoise ones on the couch. Do you recall what the names were for those 2 shades of blue?
Hey! Those are actually Jade Green (but it is really turquoise lol) and the dark color is actually New Black :) :goodvibes

Pixiedust: I noticed in post #172 (?) you mentioned that you outlined the Mickey head. What do you use? Clorox bleach pen? Tide to go? Thanks!

Pixie Dust, can you tell me what the brand of dye you used and where you bought it? What colors do you use, I really like the primary color shirts, really bright. Also, where do you buy soda ash and is there a brand?
I know these questions have probably been asked and answered already but I am getting confused with all the different posts. Just going with what one person has done is so much easier.
Thanks in advance.

Hi!

I used the tulip brand and you can find it at wal mart, michael's, hobby lobby etc.I also used the Jaqued (spelling) and another brand I got online.
Also they have the soda ash there as well, same brand. It cames in some kits and you can get it separate too.

Pixiedust: I noticed in post #172 (?) you mentioned that you outlined the Mickey head. What do you use? Clorox bleach pen? Tide to go? Thanks!

Never tried the tide pen. I tried the bleach pen and also a white fabric pen.

Ok, I'm going to try it this weekend. I have two dye kits from Michael's that have ash with it. I have 100% cotton shirts and rubberbands. I just can't seem to find a Mickey head to use. Anyone have one I can borrow?

No problem! I actually have a TON on my flickr account if you want to see them for ideas! I am always happy to share :goodvibes http://www.flickr.com/photos/onegreatthing/

I use Dharma fiber reactive dyes (dharmatrading.com) they are very high quality and always yeild AMAZING bright colors! The colors I use most frequently are: Jade Green, Bright Blue, Bright Green, Chocolate, New Black, Rasberry, Hot Pink, Lemon Yellow, and Fire Red :) You just have to remember they require Sodium Carbonate (Soda Ash) to fix, unlike the Tulip brands. Of course, the extra step is worth it!

I think it is just the amount of rubber bands I use! I dont wrap my MM heads in plastic (although that is a GREAT idea!!!) I just make sure when I am dying they stay facing down (lower than the rest of the shirt) so the dye migrates to the fibers in the MM not down towards the rest of the shirt :cutie:

I used the Soda Ash as well on all of them. :hug: Thanks for the tips.

Ok, I'm going to try it this weekend. I have two dye kits from Michael's that have ash with it. I have 100% cotton shirts and rubberbands. I just can't seem to find a Mickey head to use. Anyone have one I can borrow?

BTW love all your shirts!!:lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter