Tickets with Park hopper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news. I wonder how they will handle Tix purchased via vendors such as UT?
At WDW, the value of authorized ticket re-sellers' tickets have always been treated as though the tickets were purchased directly from Disney.
If a holder of a "Disney" ticket is given a refund of (say) $25, a "discounter's" ticket would be given a refund of the same $25.
(Same kind of situation in that a "discounter's" ticket can be upgraded for the same amount as a "Disney" ticket.)

At WDW, the value of authorized ticket re-sellers' tickets have always been treated as though the tickets were purchased directly from Disney.
If a holder of a "Disney" ticket is given a refund of (say) $25, a "discounter's" ticket would be given a refund of the same $25.
(Same kind of situation in that a "discounter's" ticket can be upgraded for the same amount as a "Disney" ticket.)

They wouldn’t let me upgrade my 4 Park ticket from UT last month once they stopped selling it. I wanted to use it to get a regular 4 day and they told me I had to contact UT...this was before ticket sales stopped.

I know you can upgrade UT as I have done it via AP, but couldnt with this ticket. I wonder why.

They wouldn’t let me upgrade my 4 Park ticket from UT last month once they stopped selling it. I wanted to use it to get a regular 4 day and they told me I had to contact UT...this was before ticket sales stopped.

I know you can upgrade UT as I have done it via AP, but couldnt with this ticket. I wonder why.
I think you had to do upgrades in person once you're there but Robo would know for sure. Right now who knows what they'll do?

I think you had to do upgrades in person once you're there but Robo would know for sure. Right now who knows what they'll do?

He said if it was a Disney bought ticket he could have done it for me that day on the phone, but it was because it was bought at UT he couldn’t.

got it taken care of through UT. But, it will be nice if Disney refunds Park hopper for UT this time as we have a few guests with that.

He said if it was a Disney bought ticket he could have done it for me that day on the phone, but it was because it was bought at UT he couldn’t.

got it taken care of through UT. But, it will be nice if Disney refunds Park hopper for UT this time as we have a few guests with that.
I'm so glad UT took care of the difference for you. They've always been great for me. I do think if the hopper part is taken off it will help if Disney refunds UT PH portion of tickets. Still not sure what is happening there. With Epcot having Food and Wine now it makes me wonder if they'll keep it just so people can head over there to eat.

I'm so glad UT took care of the difference for you. They've always been great for me. I do think if the hopper part is taken off it will help if Disney refunds UT PH portion of tickets. Still not sure what is happening there. With Epcot having Food and Wine now it makes me wonder if they'll keep it just so people can head over there to eat.

I don’t think hopper will stay. I think with Food and Wine it will just entice people to maybe choose Epcot more than once in a trip, especially if it’s adults only.

I don’t think hopper will stay. I think with Food and Wine it will just entice people to maybe choose Epcot more than once in a trip, especially if it’s adults only.
Would be disappointing but then I hope they do come up with some compensation for those who paid for the hopper portion. Maybe they could just hop to Epcot until all the current PH run out. Or they could honor what they have and not sell any more.

Would be disappointing but then I hope they do come up with some compensation for those who paid for the hopper portion. Maybe they could just hop to Epcot until all the current PH run out. Or they could honor what they have and not sell any more.

It’s the capacity issue right now. I am sure that once that rises, hopping will be back. I do believe they will not sell new tickets with it either.

But, I was told that refunds will happen for multiday tickets with hopper option.

It’s the capacity issue right now. I am sure that once that rises, hopping will be back. I do believe they will not sell new tickets with it either.

But, I was told that refunds will happen for multiday tickets with hopper option.
I'm glad for all the info here. It's encouraging. Since my trip is not until mid-sept, I won't bother Disney or UT with it right now since their answer would probably be "wait until you are closer to your trip and see if hopping IS available or not"
But at least it's good to know that they ARE willing to refund if it comes to that.

I think I read hopper will be refunded extra amount charged. We are a major hopper family. Question (please excuse if it's silly).... we love going to one park during day and eating dinner in World Showcase Epcot each night. Has anyone heard if World Showcase will be considered as one day park reservation or can we do dinners there? Just curious (and hopeful). I know it's part of Epcot but was so hoping we could still roam showcase each night. Thoughts? My trip isn't until December,,,, so anything is possible.

I think I read hopper will be refunded extra amount charged. We are a major hopper family. Question (please excuse if it's silly).... we love going to one park during day and eating dinner in World Showcase Epcot each night. Has anyone heard if World Showcase will be considered as one day park reservation or can we do dinners there? Just curious (and hopeful). I know it's part of Epcot but was so hoping we could still roam showcase each night. Thoughts? My trip isn't until December,,,, so anything is possible.
Hi there! We're a hopper family too. We're going to be there in a few weeks on July 19th---and they just announced Food and Wine---so we're so bummed!!! Our plan was to hop every evening over to Epcot. I am still crossing my fingers they will allow us to do SOMETHING with dinner reservations or a special ticket event for the festival in the evenings...

Hi there! We're a hopper family too. We're going to be there in a few weeks on July 19th---and they just announced Food and Wine---so we're so bummed!!! Our plan was to hop every evening over to Epcot. I am still crossing my fingers they will allow us to do SOMETHING with dinner reservations or a special ticket event for the festival in the evenings...
[/QUOTE]
I hope you post your experience. Yes... it would be a bummer not to be able to hop over to World Showcase. We always visit the week before Christmas. Hopefully they will have a clear solid process by then. Fingers crossed. Was hoping if one has a dinner reservation they would have World Showcase blocked off from rest of Epcot. If not, it will be a whole new planning ballgame for us. Will miss my Test Track and Soarin after dinners. Have a great trip!

Wonder what they will do regarding park hopper tickets that were purchased years ago and are still valid? Or partially used hopper tickets that are non-expiring?

From https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/parks/#modifications

Tickets
Partially used multi-day theme park tickets with a usage window impacted by park closure, or date-specific theme park tickets purchased through June 6, 2020 with a valid use period beginning March 12, 2020 or later, will automatically be extended to use any date through September 26, 2021. If you are unable to visit by September 26, 2021, you may apply the value of a wholly unused ticket toward the purchase of a ticket for a future date.
Florida Resident Discover Disney Tickets may be used through September 30, 2020.
At this time, Guests will only be able to visit one park per day. If you have a ticket that includes the Park Hopper Option or Park Hopper Plus Option, we have several options available to you:
  • Ticket Extension: You may use your current date-based ticket by September 26, 2021 with the existing add-on options, should the options return by that date.
  • Ticket Modification: Resort Packages with tickets may be modified or cancelled. To discuss your options, please call the Disney Reservation Center at (407) W-DISNEY or (407) 934-7639 beginning June 22, or contact your travel professional.
  • Ticket Cancellation: If you do not want to use your ticket, you also have the option of cancelling your ticket or package. To discuss your options, please call the Disney Reservation Center at (407) 566-4985 beginning June 22, or contact your travel professional.

I've got 7-day Park Hopper Plus tickets for our 9-night stay in Sept, but they were bought back in 2017 (and re-activated late last year over the phone after expiring):

ihywYST.png

I'm trying to figure out what I should do. We plan to go forward with our trip, since we booked OKW thru David's and that's not something we can just refund if the parks/resorts are open.

If the water parks are open, I'd like to use them, but maybe it's worth trying to downgrade to plain 7-day tickets and buying water park tix separately?
That's if I can even modify these like that; their bullet point only discusses Modification of "Resort Packages with tickets"

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter