• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tickets over 5 days?

grimgrningghost

DIS Veteran
Is it possible to buy tickets for longer than 5 days? I know you can as part of a package but can you with stand alone tickets?

I'm no expert, but I haven't seen more than a 5 day. But I think if you're interested in doing that, buying an Annual Passport becomes a better price.

Even if you're looking at the "everyone pays kid prices" tickets, a 5 day is 159...add on another "everyone pays" 3 day, and you're at 288 (Disneyland.com prices), when the lowest AP is 239. And if you're looking at normal, ahead-of-time buy online prices, the 5 day adult is 189, so you don't even get a 1 day/1 park ticket for the difference there!

Hope I'm right, otherwise I'll feel silly. :upsidedow

Yes you can buy 7 or 8 day tickets!! I believe a 7 day is $189 until the special ends, I'll go look it up!!

Andrea

Okay, a 7 day is the same price as an 8 day till April 26th, it is $179!

Then if your trip is after that, a 7 or 8 day ticket is $209 adult, $179 kid!! Now if you are POSITIVE that you will not be back within the year, then I would save the $30 and not buy AP's (saving more if you have kids because kids AP's are the same price as an adult!) But if there is the slightest chance you might be back, then I would just get an AP for anything over 5 days.

Plus then you get dining discounts and on 5 days or more of food, that would be about $50-$60 for us!!

Andrea

If the savings is only $30 I would still go with the Deluxe AP's. The discounts on dining will add up, you save 10% on virtually every cs and sit down place in the parks and hotels as well as many of the DTD. places. I would at least do one AP for your family, that way you can get the discounts. If you are planning on 8 park days, you will make that $30 back believe me. But be aware, the Deluxe Ap's are blacked out on many Saturday's and during really peak times. You can still get in to the parks but you have to pay $30 for each ap holder to do that. That can add up making the Premium AP the better deal. But we have always been able to get by on the Deluxe AP's even when we travel in June.

If you go to the Disneyland.com website you can check out the specific places you will save money as well as the black out dates. You have to login but its easy to set that up and then you can really price compare.

I just know from my experience we resisted the idea of Ap's for two trips and then finally broke down and bought them, we love DL so much we couldn't stop going! This year we will get them again, go in mid June for 10 days then go back again next year in early June for about the same. Its a great deal for our family and its nice to know we are getting two vacations for the price of one ticket wise.

If you go the park hopper route, you can buy the 5 day hoppers at a Disney Store and then add the extra days at the ticket window at the parks once you arrive. I am not sure if you can buy the extended hoppers online, maybe someone else can answere that. But again, you could always buy the 5 days online and then add the extra days to those at the parks as well. Its very easy to do.

If your looking into getting more then a 5 day hopper, I went to the website

getawaytoday.com

they have up to 8 day hoppers, and that includes an early entry. Fantastic company to deal with. I cant say enough about them

Thanks for the site. One more question, how do ticket upgrades at disneyland work? For example if I have a 5 day ticket and I want to upgrade to an annual pass do i pay the difference between a 5 day ticket and an annual pass on that day i am upgrading or do I actually pay the difference between what I paid for my tickets and an annual pass?

Mystic path posted the same site I use! Sorry I didn't post it, I thought I did and then I wasn't on all last night!!

You pay the difference between what you paid for your tickets and an nnual pass. If you paid $139, that will show on the back of your ticket and then you would owe $100 when you upgrade for a deluxe AP.

Also do not upgrade till the end of your stay so you can use the Early Entry that comes with the hopper and also you won't have to deal with any blackout dates for the AP on your trip (if there are any!)

Andrea

Thanks for all the advice. We aren't going until October so unfortunately we can't take advantage of the kids price tickets. I guess now we need to decide if we will eat enough to make the annual pass worth it.

Well if you don't think you'd be back, then you could just upgrade one of them to get the discounts if you think you'll eat enough!! We eat all our meals on property pretty much so we usually end up saving about 12-12 dollars a day!

Andrea

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter