Tickets at Work tickets upgrade?

left210

DIS Veteran
I am looking at buying a 4 day park to park ticket from Tickets at Work. It is a buy 2 days get 2 days free. Can I upgrade this to an annual pass when I get there? I did call Universal and the person on the phone told me I could but I wanted to see if anyone had every done it because sometimes the customer service reps do not get it right.

If the free days are like the UT buy 2 day and get 2 day free passes, then no

UT buy 2 days get 2 days free special will only allow you credit for 2 days of that pass

Have no idea how the tickets you are interested in buying could have the same restrictions

You can upgrade the UT pass but only get credit for 2 days towards it

Thank you for this information. That is why I wanted to check here as I was afraid they just gave me a simple blanket answer instead of listening to my specific question when I called. So, I booked an AP rate. When will they check for my AP? at check in? or do I show it later? I am trying to decide on how or when I should buy my tickets. I am only buying one AP and three other tickets. TAW has 4 day pass for $214 which is a great deal but I still need one AP. So should I buy three from TAW and then just get AP at park when I get there or is there a better way to get a discount on AP?

I can't help you specifically about TaW but I bought 2 day + 2 days free from "Best Of Orlando" and they upgraded them just time. I got credit for a 4 day ticket when I upgraded to an AP.

With the UT tickets, the way I understand it the 2+1 that expire give credit for 2 days and the 2+1 that don't expire give credit for 3 days.

I would probably go ahead and buy 4 of them. The worst case scenario is you're out no money compared to buying them at the park. And you'll probably save some money.

You do not have to have the AP at check in time

But you will be asked to see it before you check out in order to keep the booked at rate at the hotel.

Some say they are not asked for proof of the AP
My experience has been the opposite

They ask for my AP and they photocopy it

I'm guessing this has been happening to me the past five years as I go specific times during the year and have longer stays at the hotel than some peeps

16 day stay for me this October

I am wondering the same about Undercover Tourist tickets, the same 4 days for price of 2 days. ($226, tax included)
I'm ready to pay the full difference between what I actually paid and the price of the Preferred AP, but am crossing my fingers that I turn out to get credit for buying a four-day pass. I think I'll know more when I have tickets in hand.
I'd love to hear others experiences. My plan is to turn my e-ticket into a regular ticket, and then upgrade that regular ticket into an AP. The only experience I have is doing this at DLR, where we bought discounted (rather than "extra days free") from CAA. When I upgraded to an AP, I was given credit for the full, regular price of my ticket.
But always budget for the Most Expensive Scenario.

The UT does have the buy 2 day p2p tickets and get 2 more days free

But if you use it to upgrade for an ap, you are credited only for the 2 day p2p portion
The two free days have no monetary value

The UT buy 2 day get one free has been used in the pass where all three days were used in the upgrade

No idea if that is presently the case as my confirmation was based during July this year

I have no idea if you can exchange the 2 + 2 day pass of UT into tickets
And then do the exchange for an AP

Have not read of anyone going that route in these forums
If it has been posted them I have missed reading about that procedure

I know and am aware of someways to come out ahead when it comes to tickets but I definitely dont know then all

So if you have regular tickets do you have to use them one day before you upgrade one or all of them to an annual pass? Also can you upgrade them to any type of annual pass offered?
Thanks

If you use your ticket pass once, it will update to the current ticket price

I upgraded the TAW tickets last year to annual passes with no trouble. I had the buy 2 days get 2 free for myself and 2 sons. We had 2 adult tickets and 1 child ticket and paid $25 total to upgrade to power passes. This was before the price increase though..

I upgraded the TAW tickets last year to annual passes with no trouble. I had the buy 2 days get 2 free for myself and 2 sons. We had 2 adult tickets and 1 child ticket and paid $25 total to upgrade to power passes. This was before the price increase though..

Hi Sunny I have those same TAW tickets I plan to use & upgrade in November did you have to go into the park & activate the ticket first? Or can they be upgraded before going into the park? Thanks

Rangers mom
The reason peeps use the ticket once is to bring their value to the present ticket cost

If you bought the TAW months back and the UO ticket price has since increased, you get the credit value of present cost on your tickets

You don't have to go that route but it can save you some money if you activate them first

Yes. I upgraded the tickets at the guest services desk inside one of the parks. (Can't remember which one but it was just inside the turnstiles) We had used 3 of the 4 days when I upgraded.

Rangers mom
The reason peeps use the ticket once is to bring their value to the present ticket cost

If you bought the TAW months back and the UO ticket price has since increased, you get the credit value of present cost on your tickets

You don't have to go that route but it can save you some money if you activate them first

Thanks for the info!

I am looking at buying a 4 day park to park ticket from Tickets at Work. It is a buy 2 days get 2 days free. Can I upgrade this to an annual pass when I get there? I did call Universal and the person on the phone told me I could but I wanted to see if anyone had every done it because sometimes the customer service reps do not get it right.

Did you end up doing this? I'm looking at the 2 days + 2 days free from Tickets at Work and thinking of upgrading if I can get a good deal on a room with an annual pass.

Yes, I did. I upgraded one of our passes to an annual pass so that we could get the AP rate on our room. I cannot remember the exact cost to upgrade it but they did let me do it. The lady at the counter at first said I am not sure if it work and said it will say if it won't but it went through fine. I did it before we used the tickets.

Awesome! Thanks for the reply. I'm trying to decide if it's worth it just to buy the seasonal pass outright or if I should buy tickets at work and upgrade. I think the price difference is about $25

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter