This is just like the PP who wants to add the hopper. Essentially, WDW considers changing/adding to any ticket is an "upgrade" -- whether that is equal value or higher value (or even lower value, WDW doesn't give a refund). So adding the hopper to the base ticket may well result in being charged any differential for the base ticket cost as well as the hopper. As mentioned, sometimes you get a CM who can spread pixie dust and override that extra cost, but I wouldn't plan on it. Using the ticket doesn't modify the value any more.

Is it possible for the folks with a package to buy 3rd party tickets and cancel the tickets off the package (leaving a base package/room-only)? Some of the authorized re-sellers are continuing to sell "old stock" with the prices from last week.

Thank you. I guess if we don't see fall discounts then switching to a room only package might be best for them.

Thank you. I guess if we don't see fall discounts then switching to a room only package might be best for them.
The 3rd party tickets are "old stock" for usually a relatively short time after a price increase. Probably a week to maybe a month at most. Tickets can be dropped from a package without impacting the reservation; it simply becomes a "base package" which is a room-only using the package payment/cancellation rules.

I will be at Disney World the beginning of March. I have 4 park tickets in my mde account that were given to me from a previous visit due to ride malfunctions in HS. I also bought a 2 day park ticket directly from disney for a total of 6 days of tickets.

My question is will how will I use the tickets in my mde account to get into the parks?
Will they be on the ticket that I purchased and was sent to me from disney?
I won't be using a magic band.

All the tickets are showing in my mde account.

Thanks!!

You can use an older MagicBand if you have one. Or a hard plastic ticket if WDW sent you one with the 2-day ticket. Or you can use your phone and the MagicMobile app. Any of those will access your MDE account and any/all tickets in that account.

If you don't have an old MB or plastic ticket, and don't wish to use your phone, you can request a hard plastic ticket at park entry your first day.

Just a note in case the ticket types are different (1 park vs hopper). Make sure you check before you tap in as to what ticket has "priority". We had a situation in Dec where had a 1 day hopper left over and then added a 1 day/1 park ticket. We were only visiting one park on our arrival day, so wanted to make sure that is the one we scanned in with. We just mentioned it before we tapped in and the CM waved over someone else to confirm. They were very happy we asked since it's easier to deal with prior to tapping. I think we could have stopped at guest services to confirm the "priority" order as well, but we knew we were going to confirm at the tapstyles anyway and it worked out fine.

You can use an older MagicBand if you have one. Or a hard plastic ticket if WDW sent you one with the 2-day ticket. Or you can use your phone and the MagicMobile app. Any of those will access your MDE account and any/all tickets in that account.

If you don't have an old MB or plastic ticket, and don't wish to use your phone, you can request a hard plastic ticket at park entry your first day.

Thank you. So I received a hard copy plastic ticket for the 2-day ticket I bought. Will the other 4 days be on that ticket? or will I have to go and get a hard ticket for the 4 days at guest services?
So many changes . . .

Just a note in case the ticket types are different (1 park vs hopper). Make sure you check before you tap in as to what ticket has "priority". We had a situation in Dec where had a 1 day hopper left over and then added a 1 day/1 park ticket. We were only visiting one park on our arrival day, so wanted to make sure that is the one we scanned in with. We just mentioned it before we tapped in and the CM waved over someone else to confirm. They were very happy we asked since it's easier to deal with prior to tapping. I think we could have stopped at guest services to confirm the "priority" order as well, but we knew we were going to confirm at the tapstyles anyway and it worked out fine.

Thank you! This did happen to us on our last visit but we had already gone through the park entry. Of course, it used the ticket we didn't want to us so we talked to a CM who took all the information, put it in the computer and gave me a piece of paper with a file number on it. I had to call disney and it took multiple calls and long waits on hold to finally get to someone who knew how to add the tickets back into my mde account.
The wonderful CM told me she prioritized all my tickets but I will definitely double check before I enter the park this trip. :wave:

Thank you. So I received a hard copy plastic ticket for the 2-day ticket I bought. Will the other 4 days be on that ticket? or will I have to go and get a hard ticket for the 4 days at guest services?
So many changes . . .
As long as the other tickets are listed in your MDE, and the 2-day ticket is listed in your MDE, that one hard plastic ticket can access everything. All tickets, Genie+ and I$LL (if purchased), and your resort room if staying onsite.

I just came here to ask the same. I check every few days. This is very frustrating. I'm just not paying for day or week trip tickets. We used to go 2-3 times a year before covid. we want to go back but I just won't without season passes if going multiple times a year. even a 10-12 day trip like we have done many times would pay off for us. without them I'll just keep cx'ing and rent my DVC points to friends.

According to WDWNT, you can no longer purchase G+ in advance on single-day tickets. Wonder if that means they're planning to increase the price soon?

According to WDWNT, you can no longer purchase G+ in advance on single-day tickets. Wonder if that means they're planning to increase the price soon?
A ticket price increase was noticed earlier this week. How much increase really depends on dates — with no change to some and others discovering up to maybe $35+ increase on multi-day ticket. G+ can still be added to multi-day tickets in advance; it can be added to single-day tickets day-of (after midnight, like APs).

This is just like the PP who wants to add the hopper. Essentially, WDW considers changing/adding to any ticket is an "upgrade" -- whether that is equal value or higher value (or

I was pondering adding G+ to my existing 6day PH tickets for June trip due to speculation of G+ price increases. Currently only planning on purchasing 3 days of G+, so the cost per day of G+ would have to double before we would break even. Is there a way/site to determine which tickets increased? Looked back at my confirmation receipt and just lists total for package , not itemized. If ours went up, it seems like a no brainer to continue to pay per day of G+.

Also, any speculation that if G+ does increase, would it be like tickets and effective immediately? As in, once you hear it’s too late to add at current cost ? I’m betting yes….

I would like to add a day of park tickets to an existing reservation (that isn’t paid in full yet). I don’t see how to do that on my account myself. Please don’t tell me that I have to call them, ugh!!!

Hello. Looks like my son won’t be joining us tomorrow I bought a one day ticket Am I out the money?
no credits of any kind. Correct?

(it’s a one day adult ticket)

A ticket price increase was noticed earlier this week. How much increase really depends on dates — with no change to some and others discovering up to maybe $35+ increase on multi-day ticket. G+ can still be added to multi-day tickets in advance; it can be added to single-day tickets day-of (after midnight, like APs).

I just can't think of any reason Disney wouldn't let people add G+ to a single-day ticket in advance other than them wanting to raise the price (or change the pricing strategy). If someone wants to cough up the $15 in advance, why not let them so they don't decide later they don't need it?

My theory is that they're planning on raising the price to purchase it on a day-by-day basis but will leave it at the current price if you add it to the entire ticket in advance. Which would make sense if you think about it -- right now there's no real incentive to purchasing it in advance since you don't save any money by doing so, and people with longer stays probably won't use it every day and hence they won't add it to their ticket. If they raised the day-of price of G+ to $20/person (matching the DL price), but left it at $15/person/day if added to length of ticket in advance, my guess is you get a lot more people buying it in advance, leading to higher uptake overall, and a higher overall revenue/guest for Disney.

For example, maybe somebody with a 7-day ticket plans on using G+ for four days. Currently, that's $60/person overall. If they raised it to $20/person/day, then those four days now cost $80. So they might be more inclined to cough-up the extra $25 total to get three extra days of G+, as the "extra" cost/day is now $8.33 instead of $15.

Again, this is just my theory and I have no insider info.

I have a question about upgrading tickets. We are going at the end of June with my DD's dance studio via Dance the World. The max ticket we could buy through them was a 6 day PH. We are planning on doing a split stay and make it longer trip, so want to upgrade the tickets to 10 day PH. Will I be able to do that via the website or a call before our trip? I know I will be able to once we get there, but in the age of needing park pass reservations, I'd rather do it sooner than later.

I am an experienced planner and have never used an agent before, but it was required for this trip. At this point are reservations are still not linked to MDE so it is driving me nuts. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Will I be able to do that via the website or a call before our trip?
I don't know the answer to this, but you also want to check if they can be upgraded at all. I dimly recall that some convention/group tickets cannot be upgraded, but my memory isn't what it once was and this was a while ago.

How does an AP voucher work, if APs are ever available again. Can I make park reservations with it, without it being activated? We have a trip planned around Thanksgiving. Hoping APs would come back before then. I just don't want to be stuck with tickets and an AP voucher. I know I could use the ticket price at a later date. There is plenty of time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter